1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers 2018- 19

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Fantasma Negro, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lebron is Hollywood now. Executuve producer of a prime time show. Basketball is secondary to building his brand for his second career.

ramotadab, amaru and francis 4 prez like this.
  2. nemac

nemac Member

The premise is that the nba is rigged

ramotadab likes this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

LOL, I didn't realize that the Suns beat the Lakers too when I posted #100 in this thread.:)
    LAL might be near to imploding now. I have got nothing personal against Lebron as a great player, but he is acting like a diva now.
    Harden has been carrying Houston almost single handed with all the injuries to the team. He is way ahead of Lebron and everyone else right now. If the Rockets had more talent, especially on defense, we would be at the top of the Western Conference right now.

BigShasta and fckbandwagons like this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

i hope lerbon ends his career riddled with injuries and goes out with a whimper, forgotten while the focus is on the new superstars.

5. AWIN

AWIN Member

He clearly activated playoff mode...2018 Finals mode to be exact.

s3ts likes this.
  6. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

If we had rivers and Faried at the beginning of the season, we would be fighting for that 1st seed now even with all the injuries IMO. Harden never gets enough credit for carrying the rockets since he was traded here

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think having Faried and Rivers since the start would have put us near 1st seed placing, but we probably would be ahead of Portland.
    I totally agree with you, that Harden never gets enough credit for carrying the Rockets since he was traded here from OKC.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You handsome dumb son of a b****.

saleem likes this.
  9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Lakers are done. I thought even heading into the All-Star Break that they wouldn't make the playoffs, but this past week cemented it. They've got at least 8 more games on their schedule that look like certain losses which would put them at 41-41 at the end of the season. You ain't making the postseason in the West with a .500 record. Especially with the Clippers appearing to not be tanking as many were expecting.

10. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

First of all you're speaking as if they were in the same class as defenders at any point in their careers. Lets clear that up. Hakeem is the best defender I've ever seen and prime Lebron got absolutely roasted by old man Dirk and old man Terry (who were both older than him right now btw). He isn't even in Hakeem's stratosphere as far as defensive impact.

saleem likes this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

12. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

Yes. Make it clear behind the scenes that the league does not want that happening like a real commissioner. Now given the way we were reffed in last year's WCF maybe he just thought this whole gsw + Durant thing was a good idea but I think he just figured the monster he had created was better business than the rockets, not that boring 4 game finals were a retroactively brilliant idea. he still essentially struck down his own MJ to promote Steph and KD, guys who will never be in the running for that kind of legacy and one of whom in KD is now largely disliked.

saleem likes this.
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

The Lakers are 30-33 and 4½ games behind the LA Clippers for the eighth spot in the Western Conference. According to ESPN's Basketball Power Index, the Lakers now have a 0.9 percent chance to make the playoffs.

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

That’s ridiculous.
    A commissioner behind the scenes “making it clear” they shouldn’t use their cap space on a great player available.

That’s not smart or reasonable thinking. That’s just whining from a team that didn’t get the opportunity to do that. I get it. I wasn’t happy about it. But don’t act like if Houston was in that situation you would be “well that’s fair, we shouldn’t have an opportunity to sign that guy, we’ll be too good.”

EDIT: also the commissioner wanted to spread the salary cap increase over the years, but the players, all the players, pushed for it to happen all that year. They just didn’t foresee this happening and it blew up in every player’s face except those reaping from the Golden State.

EDIT 2: I guess I wouldn’t even say it blew up in their faces. People got PAID

Vivi and Patience like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

This Lebron Lakers team is going to finish with a worse record than the Kevin Martin Chuck Hayes rockets did back in the day

fckbandwagons likes this.
  16. Roxs-Redemption

Not sure if posted yet

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

LeBron blowing kisses early

Vivi likes this.
  18. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I kind of hope Kyrie and LeBron do team up in NY. I think all three teams, the Celtics, Lakers, and the Knicks get better if that happens.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Lakers play the Clippers tonight. If they lose that game, it really is over.

Sajan and Rocket River like this.
  20. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Vivi likes this.