1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Former NBA Ref] Steve Javie Opinion About Harden/Scott Foster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rantsolpuella13, Feb 27, 2019.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

He was fined 25k

JuNx and Moleb like this.
  2. Handles

Handles Member

I watch the NBA for the players, not the refs. NBA refs are inconsistent and have been proven dirty in the past. I have zero interest in what any ref has to say about this issue.

They always try to make it about them. I’ll side with the players every time, no question.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

4. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I imagined one of Tim Donaghy's goons pointing a gun to his head when he made that comment about Donaghy officiating the NBA Finals.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. wesbound

wesbound Member

Harden has been fined 25k...

Moleb likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

8. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

25 k. It was pretty immediate.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

gotcha. i completely missed that

10. JW86

JW86 Member

Javie was a control freak, quick whistle and did not like Maxwell. He should’ve reffed now with taking emotions out of the game.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Wasn't expecting Steve to be backing another ref.

I have to say, caught me completely off guard.

But I should have known. The man dons Pat Riley hairdo which screams integrity.

12. Newlin

Newlin Member

I really don't know or remember refs by name or when I see them. But, I remember Javie. That's not a good thing. Refs should not be memorable in any way. If they do their job well, then you really don't notice them. I remember Javie.

noppeper and RayRay10 like this.
  13. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

He said she said... Refs backing refs, players backing players. Bad calls were made, and they seem to be made more often when Foster is officiating against Harden. Might just be Foster's style (old school approach) that hurts Harden's style. Intentional or not, I just know I'd like to remove them from each other's equation. I just hope other refs don't see a target painted on Harden's back now... We'll see what comes from this...

14. hakeemthagreat

This is foolish. Officials clearly are a small fraternity that stick together no matter what. Asking this clown about another ref is like asking a policemen to criticize another policemen. After game 7 it's CLEAR the refs are corrupt

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

First two replies were both A+ replies. Could have closed the thread there.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I couldn't stand Steve Javie when he was still active.

17. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Confirmed!
    Foster’s a crook!!!!

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This exonerates Foster the same way Michael Cohen's testimony did today.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let me get this straight. Javie is saying that NBA refs are so dumb that they keep getting fooled by Harden for so long and the NBA still employs such dumb people to be their officials. Hmm, get it!

D-rock likes this.
  20. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I hear this a lot about the refs, and it doesn't really makes sense or say anything useful. It's just a convenient insult.

Refs are going to be front-and-center in a lot of situations during games because it is their job to control the game when players are fighting or on the verge of fighting. They also have to make difficult and consequential calls during important moments in important games, which is going to bother someone. The difficulty level of officiating the NBA is incredibly high, and refs come across looking bad a lot more often than in other sports. Foul calls play a more prominent role in the NBA than fouls/penalties in any other sport, so again, no matter what happens, they are going to be in a bad position sometimes. NBA players seek fouls to gain an advantage, unlike most other sports. How many playoff games have been decided by whether or not a foul is called? They make it freaking difficult.

I don't think Scott Foster is seeking attention at all. I think the guy is an anti-social, a-hole with a personality disorder, and that just doesn't work for the job description. He needs to be fired. Maybe he is capable of being one of the best refs in the game, but it is irrelevant because he can't remove himself from the emotion of the game enough to be reasonably unbiased.

Add to that, he was probably crooked in the Doughney era.

That brings me to the thread topic. Javie's comments are equally useless... just convenient black/white statements more suitable for Twitter arguments than actual thoughtful analysis.

darksoul35 and Easy like this.