1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Democrats now support after term abortion

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Feb 26, 2019.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

This is a manufactured bill designed to create outrage and threads like this on Internet forums so Trump and the GOP can shore up their evangelical base. Nothing more.

Trump ready to Tweet about it was a clear giveaway.

Nobody is pro-abortion and nobody supports infanticide.

This would be like the Democrats creating a bill that would do away with any type of process for becoming an American citizen creating true open borders, but in the same Bill putting in language that would make lynching illegal in all 50 states, and when the Republicans vote No the Dems turning around and say “The Republicans support Lynching black people!!”

You guys get mad when your views on immigration get turned into a consensus that you are racist but you do the same sh$& here where you turn someone’s view of women having reproductive rights as evidence that we all want to murder babies.

That’s highly offensive and you have no right to say anything when anyone jumps to conclusions that you are a hood wearing white supremist racist if you are going to turn around and create threads like this and point your judgemental hypocrite fingers at anyone else.

#21 dobro1229, Feb 27, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    Anticope likes this.
  2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I found this response on WaPo and I think it perfectly explains why this bill is misguided at best and sinister at worst.

So, again -- this is, at best, an ill informed solution to a nonexistent problem that does nothing but cause greater human suffering. I expect that some if not most of the cosponsors of the bill probably know this and are instead engaging in cynical political wargames by attempting to weaponize and agitate their similarly ill informed base while simultaneously trying to put one over on Democrats for the sake of crafting those lovely 20 second election season TV ads claiming they are all baby killers. OP is a perfect example of this at work.

3. conquistador#11

exactly. It's identity politics at its best. It rubbed some the wrong way the last time I said if you take away the "Jesus" that the GoP has created, along with abortion, what does the party have to offer to the "family values" conservative living in waco? Just trickle down economics and dehumanizing undocumented immigrants, not very Christian the last part.

This is another good example:

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Have you ever been to a woman's march lately? There are many women in attendance who are damn proud of having an abortion. So in fact, there are people who are indeed pro-abortion.

cml750 and BruceAndre like this.
  5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Isn't the death penalty after term abortion?

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which women's marches have you attended, recently?

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Lol. You've never been to a woman's march and, I'm guessing here, never been with a woman. If you think that women are proud of having an abortion and it's somehow an easy decision, you've never actually spoken to a woman.

Harrisment, Amiga and JayGoogle like this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's get real. Nobody wants infanticide... Except every single Democrat and liberal.

Harrisment likes this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

bioethicist....lol

You are the only one trying to justify infanticide so far. Others have just gone with snarky, incorrect comments.

So, in your moral code that permits infanticide, can anyone end their kid's life if they think the kid is having too much 'pain and suffering'? Or just those who tried to get an abortion?

The scenario of an otherwise healthy baby being born alive in a condition where medical treatment would lead to a normal life just does not exist.

Here's an abortion survivor testifying in front of congress:

and another:

#29 tallanvor, Feb 27, 2019
  10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Bioethics is an actual field. And this is a very serious topic. Not sure why you're laughing.

I hope I never have to face such a decision, but I am OK with assisted suicide and death with dignity. Minimizing suffering is not a bad thing.

Given that you are supporting causing undue pain and suffering (this is not a matter of opinion -- families, children, and medical professionals are all negatively impacted by this), I'd watch your tongue when it comes to other people's "moral code".

#30 DonnyMost, Feb 27, 2019
  11. tallanvor

its like calling yourself a philosopher. Calling yourself a bioethicist just means your a pretentious douchebag.

infanticide - a person who kills an infant, especially their own child.

You are arguing its ok to do this if the child is suffering so as to end the suffering....

its not suicide. The baby isn't making the choice.

you keep speaking of the pain of those aborting instead of the aborted. you know... the dead person.

cml750 likes this.
  12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

No, and your response here is very telling of how little thought or care you actually give to the subject matter.

I edited that part out because it was a mistake to escalate. However, I think it is very clear you are using "infanticide" as an inflammatory smear. If you're not, I'd be shocked, but I suppose I owe you the benefit of the doubt. I had to put my dog down a few years ago, it was a horribly painful thing and a very difficult decision... if you said I committed "Canicide" (yes that's an actual term) I'd reflexively tell you to go **** yourself.

No kidding. Because they're babies. They don't have sentience or agency. This is why we have guardians and medical professionals.

You keep trying to insert your own feelings into the very complicated and difficult medical situations that patients, families, and medical professionals have to navigate. That is stupid, selfish, and basically immoral as far as my "code" is concerned.

#32 DonnyMost, Feb 27, 2019
    Nook and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. tallanvor

I consider the study of ethics to be moronic sure. In this case, the basis of the authors claim is that because they study ethics they are more knowledgeable (virtuous in this case) on ethical issues. Its incredibly pretentious.

of course i did. I would never support killing an infant (according to polling almost nobody else would either). you would if you think the infant is suffering.

if you want to report people for calling you a mean name then go to town. Don't forget to add all the countless posters who have been called racist.

if you thought I was criticizing you for putting down your dog then you would be in the right.

Or nobody could decide to kill the infant since nobody knows how much pain its in.

14. Nook

Nook Member

I bet you do.

Anticope, Amiga, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

/thread

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the truth comes out - the right wants to make infants who are suffering and going to die suffer longer and make their parents watch them suffer longer just so the right can score some political points.

It truly shows how morally corrupt these people have become. @tallanvor don't you feel any shame about championing such a horrific thing?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

They will sell that child on the black market or harvest it’s organs let’s be real

18. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Aside from the regrettable ad hominem shaming, I'm guessing you haven't seen the women who comprise the ranks of the feminists/leftists. (Although how you could miss this, I'm not sure).

Since they treat Roe V. Wade as their golden chalice, it would not surprise me in the least if millions of American women are indeed proud of having abortions.

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's actually a group called "Shout Your Abortion" which includes such testimony. "Millions of American women" as an estimate is probably high, but certainly there are examples out there.

https://shoutyourabortion.com/

Dark Rhino and cml750 like this.
  20. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Never heard of them. You are taking a leap if you think their testimony means they are proud (meaning: deep pleasure or satisfaction) of having an abortion. They are telling their experience and stories. That doesn't mean they have deep pleasure or satisfaction for the abortion that they had.

MISSION STATEMENT
    Shout Your Abortion is a decentralized network of individuals talking about abortion on our own terms and encouraging others to do the same.

Following the U.S. Congress’s attempts to defund Planned Parenthood in 2015, the hashtag #ShoutYourAbortion became a viral conduit for abortion storytelling, receiving extensive media coverage and positioning real human experiences at the center of America’s abortion debate for the very first time. SYA quickly evolved into a grassroots movement, which has inspired countless individuals to share their abortion stories through art, media, and community events all over the country.

Although a quarter of American women have abortions and seventy percent of Americans support abortion rights, access has been decimated in recent years and Roe vs. Wade is on the brink of reversal. This disconnect between public opinion and policy is a direct result of the prevailing expectation that those who have abortions remain silent, and this silence has allowed the anti-choice movement to dominate the conversation, unchallenged.

We’re in a fight for our lives, and it’s time to tell the truth. Every single day, all sorts of people have abortions, for every reason you can imagine. We are your siblings, your coworkers, your spouses and your friends. Abortion helps people live their best lives. We are the proof. And we’re only going to get louder.