1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 2/23/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

This could be a championship caliber team with Capela/Faried/Tucker starting front court with Harden and CP3, then with GreenHouse and Gordon coming off the bench with Shumpert, Rivers, and Nene.

BigShasta, bro2044, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I see that as the wild card. If we get some average, run of the mill, even handed officials doing those games, I like our chances. If we get Foster and his ilk in crucial games, we'll be facing two opponents, not one. It pains me to think that the league has fallen that low, but either they are encouraging refs like Foster to favor one team over another, which was clear in LA, in my opinion, or they simply don't care about the integrity of the game.

3. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Worriers just got Extremely lucky in the WCF last year. CP3 going down delayed the inevitability of the Worriers falling....

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's not too peculiar when you think about it.

From the very opening tip, we're forcing the Warriors into mismatching on their defensive end.

They want absolutely no part of Curry defending Paul.

They're the greatest team of all time, yet they're reacting to our lineup before the opening tip is even thrown.

No one will ever be able to argue to me that the Rockets don't win the championship and embarrass these Warriors if CP3 doesn't go out with an injury.

I remember the exact time and place I found out he did his hammy and it seemed like my whole world was collapsing because I knew that was it for these Rockets that season.

IvanLCPM, BigShasta, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Swipe right. My dawg cp doing work

IvanLCPM, D-rock, BigShasta and 9 others like this.
  6. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Chris Paul is so good at the pick and roll. He will pick and roll you to death which works great. Harden is also great at the pnr but needs to do it more often.

7. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

This team wont do anything without MCW & Chriss....They were the heart & soul of the.........

bench...Cheering was up 65%, Gatorade mixture was without error..#IrreplaceableGlueGuys

BasketMAD, D-rock, BigShasta and 2 others like this.
  8. Downtown Sniper

I wholeheartedly agree with you there.

I've even said in the past I'd like for the ball to be out of James' hands down the stretch in the more steady hands of CP3, and have Harden move off the ball.

I disagree with your second part however, all those role players are kept within the flow of the offense (to me), they get their touches and their wide open shots. I'd be interested to see the numbers of times a role player touches the ball on average with Harden VS the few games without Harden, because my eyes tell me there'd be not a drastic change. Players hit shots today.

fryjol7 likes this.
  9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I dont move Gordon from the starting lineup this year period. I think we have enough firepower coming off the bench. Gordan can get his own shot plus defend. U keep him there unles u have nothing off the bench. Like years before. This year house austin is enough. Our best lineup was with cp3 gordan n harden in the playoffs. I'm making a big point out of this. Cause I think our ceiling will be much higher with Gordon in the starter spot

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The concern here is complacency. Hopefully Rockets peak at the right time where that won’t be an issue. Rockets certainly are primed to peak by the time the playoffs start...

jboslett, Hakeemtheking and Deckard like this.
  11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL

Downtown Sniper and jcf like this.
  12. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Won’t be the last. Worriers might as well get used to losing because that’s going to happen 4 times when the Rockets play them in the playoffs

13. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I may be militant about things like this, but I'm curious what would happen if Tilman just told the league that the Rockets would forfeit a playoff series game if Foster was going to officiate it. If I were a cocky NBA owner, I sure would do it.

I'm sure there are plenty of extremely painful things they could do, but in a PR battle, the Rockets would surely come out on top. Also, what team wants to win by forfeit. That would be the biggest asterisk in league history.

BigShasta and Junkyard Dog like this.
  14. Downtown Sniper

O lawd.

Don't do him like that @hakeem94!!!!!!!!

hakeem94, jboslett and mike2k132 like this.
  15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great victory. Once again confirming that Tilman is wrong to not invest in this team.

16. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I like Gordon in that starting lineup with tucker on the bench. 3 guys that can create n 2 guys that pick n roll n rebound is a better mix I think

17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way!!!! OMG is this coach in disguise? Mike? Let Gordon and Rivers sub for Harden and Paul. Let EGO sub most.

BasketMAD, hakeem94 and jboslett like this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

No doubt i agree with you that you need to be involved to stay engaged - very similar to a big man needing to be involved in the offensive in order to contribute defensively.

I guess we both differ on the amount of engagement a player needs on the offensive end.

19. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I'm betting he'll be here.

20. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I agree with you brother. CP3 not going down is almost a certainty that Rockets would the 3rd championship now and playing for a back to back. The injury was about as in opportune as possible. Worriers are the luckiest “greatest team” ever