1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thanks, although I was wanting a little extra space for plane travel but it wouldn't be bad to have a slim version for "everyday" portability.

2. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

This is the one I have. Room for 20 game carts and accessories (charger, earbuds, etc.).

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I have one that's just like that and it's been good for me too. I just went on a trip and it was really handy putting it in my backpack for the plane. It holds my Switch, a plug/charger for it, some games, and all the joycon straps.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I did get one of these to allow wireless headphones and it's worked pretty well. Takes a little practice to sync with headphones but once you get the timing its easy.

5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah it's pretty sweet.. I've been close to winning .. But have only got 3rd multiple times, then I looked up some pro tetris players and understand why... Regardless pretty fun game

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  6. MystikArkitect

I’ve gotten 5th on Tetris 99. Top 10 is intense as hell.

I don’t quite get the system. Does it auto shoot people for you? Seems like you don’t want to accumulate any pieces at all as it attracts a ton of attention.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

You need to use the right analog stick to either use attackers for counter (when multiple people are on you for huge bonuses, ie a 1 line clear or few lines send garbage lines to everyone targeting you) or switch to KO, you can also try badges but it's not ideal unless you're ahead of everyone (and can be dangerous if everyone is targeting them and they're good, Def worth trying it out to get a feel).

Badges play a huge role and allow for 25 - 100% extra lines to be sent (they're accumulated by ko' s or by ko'ing players that already have some, you get all their badges, hence depending on level of play the badge option might be worth it. If you don't have any badges by the 10 player mark it's pretty much impossible to win. I'll usually start on ko/attacker and switch throughout the round depending how many people are targeting me.

On a side note, Attacker option is awesome, l've had as many as 10+ people on me and either ko'd them or forced them to get off me as the target. When you have that many on you like one line Clears and combos will send tons of garbage to them (you just need to keep track of all the people targeting you to get a feel on what's needed.

Also, the game always starts you on random target - get off of that immediately, it's garbage and can hold you back because it will switch you at random to other targets, and it's truly random. Just useless.

One other thing you can manually select targets by either using the left analog stick or touching the screen (if playing undocked). I've personally never used that but it's there.

Also, depending on the level of play you're at, learn t-spins (if you haven't yet).

Anyway, there's a lot going on for sure, but if you haven't been using the targeting type stick then you might be able to get a 1st a lot eaiser. So definitely try it. And only use the attackers option when there's at least 2-3 players on you (and you can't keep up). If it's only one, there's no real bonus so just focus on ko. Again, test these out though. I'm still learning since theres no tutorial but I'm pretty certain I'm right about targets.

8. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah whenever someone targets me first and then I target them back, I'm always getting my ass kicked. Is there a way to not target anyone so I can just freely build lines,hahahah.

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So the best thing I recommend is just starting the round on attackers unless you want to go ko mode and then switch back once you have an attacker, if you just want to avoid it all together could leave it on random or Manually select with the left stick/touch target in undocked mode. Unfortunately I think you always have to target someone, attackers option is probably least aggressive or random.

But as I mentioned those badges give you percents 1 badge = 25%, 2 = 50, 3=75, and 4 equals 100%. And the only way to get them is to KO others and either steal them or just get one piece, I think it's 4 kos 8 12 and 16 for each badge. But the idea is to steal them away by knocking out a badge leader. There's a lot of strategy and skill obviously, but luck def plays a role sometimes (at least for me compared to those pro guys, those guys are insane). Sometimes dude has already won 300 rounds...

Also, what I meant that when it comes down to 10 players those badges play a huge role, for example you only need 2 lines cleared to send 4 to someone.etc

My strat has been flipping between ko and attackers. And just remember if you're attacking someone and they're getting attacked by 10 people it could be the reason you're getting tons of garbage, so just switch targets till lines are cleared. Like when you have 10 players targeting you it seems to only take like 1 line to get 4 garbage sent to each player attacking you, or something like that. And if you have more than one always remember to go attacker for the bonus unless you're about to steal a ko.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On A side note I def agree, I'd like a practice mode or no target, after Seeing these guys effortlessly do tspins or clear 200+ lines in a session I know I need a lot of practice, hahah

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

This looks massively fun.

KingCheetah likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The Pacman game is genius -- I have no idea what I'm doing but surviving -- I've made it down to #8 remaining.

Supermac34 and Xerobull like this.