1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden on The Jump Tuesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, Feb 18, 2019.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Its not fair though? Harden has more than 4 plus years carrying the squad except for maybe last year but even then he won MVP so i dont even know what to say. The dude was obviously just throwing shade like he always does.

Stormy1234 and Rocket River like this.
  2. Hmc415

Hmc415 Member

But the east was really bad back then. He made the playoffs once in his Orlando days and lost in the 1st Rd. Harden constantly gets to at least the 2nd Rd in a much harder West and more talented league

Huncho Bean, Theking, Blurr#7 and 2 others like this.
  3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Dang, I really wanted to like this guy. And then he goes and uses the word "impactful."

Earnie Banks and topfive like this.
  4. amaru

amaru Member

I wasn’t referring to anything McGrady said past the “I (being McGrady) drug bad teams for 4 years.” Back in the day I was an Orlando fan and I remember the “talent” McGrady had next to them. I can see the parallels between that and what Harden had to deal with early on this season. The Rockets were never as bad as those Orlando teams. Houston is just a far better run organization.

I get that McGrady hurt a lot of feelings his last few years here, but I’m not a fan of revisionist history. Those Orlando teams were hot garbage and the only reason they won more than 20 games was because of McGrady. Dragging them also broke him.

While Harden is waaaaay more durable, I hope we don’t “McGrady” James Harden and ride him until he breaks.

#44 amaru, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    skroodup25 and HP3 like this.
  5. amaru

amaru Member

Reread my initial post please. My argument wasn’t that McGrady is as talented as Harden. As somebody who saw both in their prime (McGrady’s prime was Orlando to season 1 in Houston) Harden is SIGNIFICANTLY better is pretty much every aspect of the game. My argument is that McGrady has had to drag d-league players for multiple seasons. So when McGrady says he’s carried that load, he’s right to do so. Look up some off those 2000-2003 Orlando rosters and see how many names you even recognize.

#45 amaru, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, Harden has dragged some pretty bad teams there man, so him saying that James has only done it this season is untrue no?

Pff, I never get "hurt" over anything these guys say, its just irritating haha. He takes unnneccassarry shots at Harden and the Rockets all the time, whens the last time youve seen him give the team credit? Hes not objective and honestly it seems like he's kind of jealous/bitter towards Harden. For every one good thing the dude sasys about us, theres like 12 negative things.

Earnie Banks likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Well, speaking of Harden and impactful...

[​IMG]

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Stay strong Harden

tinman and BamBam like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

F Rachel Nichols. She slanders and lies as much as the rest of them. Might as well be politics.

The worst part about it is that she knows exactly what she is doing.

10. dream2franchise

T-Mac saying Harden should get rest with a MINUTE left in the game. C'mon now.

s3ts likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Terrible interview.

You know what’s not boring? Watching the man become an icon. You know what would be ****-grade ass balls? Watching the rest of this roster trying to make plays for themselves.

He should’ve just calmly turned the questions around on her. Same tone of voice and everything.

The guy is humble to a fault. He’s accepted every ounce of criticism, every burden this team, this league and it’s media cohorts have put on his shoulders and all they can do is begrudgingly hand him a well deserved MVP trophy and cut holes in a performance that’s only ever been accomplished by the guy who originally redefined basketball.

Villain for life, if this is how it is, so be it. It’ll be that much juicier if he takes the trophy away from a media darling.

Black hat for life. Heel for life. NWO.

hakeem94, BigMaloe, s3ts and 2 others like this.
  12. threepointshot3

Harden is like a mule cause every year he carries a heavy load and he don’t miss a beat

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. amaru

amaru Member

Until this season, James has consistently had average to slightly above average nba talent around him. McGrady didn’t have that luxury in Orlando. But that is a GOOD thing. You don’t want your best player dragging bums, that’s how they break. The dragging of bums is a big part of why McGrady broke as soon as he did.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Thank you so much.

15. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmmm,2015???

16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I hope T-Mac knows the entire Houston crowd is soured by the thought of him because of the amount of **** he's thrown at us since we traded him.

s3ts likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

HP3 and s3ts like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I've said it before, if I have to love and support him more than I will happily do so. With everything Harden has done for my team and city it would be my pleasure.

19. s3ts

s3ts Member

****ing T Mac talking **** about Harden reacting to the interview, saying that he padding the stats. Apparently Harden has a lot more help because we added Shump and Faried? This dude is delusional.

And then he turns around and says Lebron missing 6 weeks from injury is reason why Lakers suck, goes on to hate on Rondo, Lonzo, Kuzma, Javale, Tyson Chandler, Lance...

Give Harden what the Lakers have, I promise you we would be top-2 seed.

#59 s3ts, Feb 19, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    vlaurelio likes this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac only played in 20 playoff games for the Rockets
    Yet some fans here think he’s got 100

HP3 likes this.