1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[MacMahon] James Harden: Rockets needed consistent scoring reflected in streak

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Duh!!

Mainstream media is clueless, always day late and dollar short.

napalm06 likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The team would be better off with him scoring less.

DD

4. xaos

xaos Member

Now they will, but for the majority of that streak we needed every bit of it.

With 65 at a far distance I could see him push hard for one more 30+ point to game, unless if it just comes naturally. He'll adjust his game according to the roster getting healthy again.

BigMaloe, Patience, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  5. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

they want his streak to end, so they can give giannis the mvp

as long as this 30 point streak narrative is going. it will be hard to say harden doesnt have the stats and narrative behind him to win the award

"Narrative" was the word espn brought into world in 2017 when westbrook was chasing triple doubles, how ironic would it be for harden to have that same narrative behind 30 point games and force the medias hand once again

Rocket River likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The team would be better off with his teammates making shots. Also making sure they have the highest score at the end of the game.

Denovo, BigMaloe, Patience and 13 others like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

it should be obvious that Harden was only doing what he had to given his situation...this was necessary

Harden saved the season with this 21-10 stretch he put us on while numerous guys were out of the lineup

Harden won’t be playing the way he’s been once the team is fully healthy...I posted this before, but Harden this year alone has over twice as many 30 shot attempt games than he’s had the entire rest of his career

he’s going on 2 straight months of averaging more rebounds than assists...this isn’t the Harden we’re used to, it’s the Harden he had to become

BigMaloe, TRIQSTER, Patience and 4 others like this.
  8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I dunno if it's damage control or a shot at FO or some "COACH HARDER" passive BS to MDA.

::grabs popcorn to figure it out while the season looks less hopeful::

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

might as well trade him for Klay amirite

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

That's a great point.

skroodup25 likes this.
  11. s3ts

s3ts Member

We ain't got nobody else worth investing those shots in. When Harden drives in for a layup, or gets doubled/tripled, and finds defenders who close off his driving lane and shades out most of the passing lanes, either he's gonna jack it up or pass to an open shooter while risking a TO.

I've seen teams force TOs by daring Harden to pass when he tries to get his team involved. As in, Harden's teammates are not even moving well without the ball, so they can't even get open for a pass off a double-team.

Even when the open shooter gets the ball at the 3 point line, none of them can hit shots consistently since all of our shooters are streaky.

So yeah, I'd rather see Harden take a contested shot. It's the obvious choice in a lot of the games I watch.

If we don't want Harden to play that way, and if Harden doesn't want to play this way, surround him with better players. I'm sure MDA and DM wants to take more pressure off of Harden. The problem is that most of our good players have been injured, combined with the fact that we just can't seem to get good players anymore.

12. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

the media is more worried about the streak than harden

i hope the streak continues

13. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

The Lakers game on abc primetime a few saturdays back illustrates your point, we got down 22 points because kcp and lonzo ball were denying harden the ball. And none of the rockets could make an open 3, until Harden took over finishing with 48

Patience, Rocket River and s3ts like this.
  14. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Team would be better if he concentrate on just scoring and not creating play for the whole team

s3ts and Denovo like this.
  15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm sure you'd love having the additional losses on our record and fewer wins... for the sake of being right? Right, DD? Your narrative is more important than anything else, right?

Ditch the ego.

16. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I hope he finishes the year with the streak alive. Do the stats carry over into next year if he does?

17. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Always! This is worse the media has ever been. Half these guys don't even watch games! They get paid to talk about games they aren't even watching. They get on TV and radio after watching youtube clips, instagram post and twitter feeds and talk about a team or players they aren't even watching. The fans are the same way, but they aren't getting paid for their nonsense. The media put James in a no win situation. If he doesn't carry his team, then he's obvious not a superstar and can't be an MVP....when he carries his team despite the injuries his team is facing, then they complain HOW he carries them. How do you complain about HOW a star carries his team when they are morbidly injured?? Stop moving the goal post! It's a lose/lose and it feels orchestrated. They want Giannis as their MVP and Harden keeps getting in the way of the media darlings year in and out. He shouldn't have to apologize for averaging 6 more points than his normal season average. If Steph or Giannis was doing this....statues would be 3/4 done by now.

joke

Rocket River and D-rock like this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Because once Harden stops scoring
    Everyone else will magically start hitting their shots

Rocket River

19. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

if anything, Morey and Tilman should be apologizing to Harden for giving Cp0 & Ryno those franchise crippling contracts and Cp0 should apologize to Harden for taking that contract knowing he's has always been injury prone since his NO days.

it still amazes me how Harden is paid less than CP3 and has to carry this team night in and out.

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Now espn is asking “how should hardens teammates feel about his comments”

Man, they just want to twist his ****. I wish he wouldn’t have tried to “sell” his MVP case. Just do you