1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

“Some of these players do not like James Harden” -Brian Windhorst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Feb 17, 2019.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If you're going to go there, you're taking this way too seriously.

napalm06, justtxyank and s3ts like this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

As a player, not as a guy.

3. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Of course, they don't like him, they love him!

Joshfast, jordnnnn and J Sizzle like this.
  4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

whats harden's rockets' record against Lebron's teams again?

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I bet that espn “feature” throws as much shade as praise.

I’m sure some players have said bad things about Durant or Lebron or curry but we won’t see an espn article that brings that to light.

Windhorse is being kind of a b**** about this too. Saying “I asked players about harden, because I do what I’m told”

As if he can’t possibly think of a reason why espn would do a piece on him. Fat ****

bballjunkie, napalm06 and ryano2009 like this.
  6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Not saying Windhorst is an idiot but he more so than any other reporter out there parrots these "A little birdie told me" gossip stories that fuels narratives ESPN puts out. Majority of the times these lead to nothing and he comes off super condescending, know-it-all, douchey whenever he starts talking this way. You just need to go listen to a few ESPN podcasts prior to the KP trade to know what I am talking about. As a writer he isn't that bad, primarily because he needs to make sure that what he says is somewhat factual.

But whenever he is on air he feels the need to make himself a bigger deal than he actually is. He isnt a former player or someone associated with the NBA. He made himself a name during the first LeBron free agency as a beat writer for a local Cleveland paper having sources within the Cavs org, but since ESPN picked him up thinking he had LeBron sources he really hasn't done much. Even now it seems most of his articles are a "co" story like "Woj and Windhorst report" or "Ramona and Windhorst report". Its as if ESPN is trying to prop him up more, its a shame that they kept him and let Marc Stein (despite his Dallas bias he had sources) go. I would bet that he got more connections because of the ESPN badge than he had prior but the dude is the king of gossip and matter-of-fact type statements and it comes off really bad.

Honestly I would take anything this dude says with the smallest grain of salt possible.

7. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Can we start referring to Windhorst as Windbag? This guy makes Bill Simmons look unbiased.

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Im jp man. Look, he should do one of 2 things. Stop putting bacon on everything, or hit the gym 3 times a day to keep up w your intake of junk food.

Now if he ain't gonna do that, he aint doong what hes told, cuz I'm sure everyone telling him the same thing.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's become increasingly clear that Lebron has issues with Harden. It's probably professional in nature. Lebron is very sensitive about his standing as GOAT, wanting the MVP, etc. He was pretty unhappy about not being the MVP leader last year. People from his orbit take swipes at Harden a fair bit. Windhorst with a story like this, but more notably David Griffin. I can only assume that some hostility built up towards Harden in that organization somehow? Maybe they got offended by the Rockets "real" King James stuff when the two teams played?

clutchdabear, vlaurelio and BigShasta like this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

/thread

Best post has already been made.

11. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

[​IMG]

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am sure whatever feature Windhorst/ESPN is working on is tied to the Saturday night Rockets vs Warriors game on ABC. So look for that feature then.

I get it that players are jealous about the whistle etc. But I gotta say, it irks me a bit too.

It kind of irks me that Harden's peers....they KNOW how much WORK and TIME it takes to be elite. I don't like players disrespecting that WORK. I think that is lame.

Also, ESPN is an influencer. How this COMES OFF can sway national media. Or they can double down on their stances.

It is crazy the other players don't appreciate the footwork, time and energy James Harden puts into his game. And it is unfortunate that Harden gets the criticism that he gets compared to his other contemporary greats.

clutchdabear and Earnie Banks like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's not even getting the fact that Harden usually gets fouled several times a game, often blatant, and it isn't called.

clutchdabear and Earnie Banks like this.
  14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I don't blame them - guarding James is a pain in the ass.

15. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

It is quite scary the parrallels between Harden and Trump when it comes to the fake news media

16. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

Harden is having the greatest offensive season of all-time and ESPN cant stand it, they so badly wish it was Curry doing this

so instead of praising Harden they throw shade at everything he does. They do little segments on how to guard and stop him, which has never been done for the likes of any other superstar on sports network television lol. The freedom of movement rule was made in response the defense we used on Curry in the playoffs. And it backfired on silverslipper again when Hardens skillset put him in position to be the biggest benefit of it

I'll never forget this article back in 2016 on espn

http://insider.espn.com/nba/insider...t-howard-address-houston-rockets-problems-nba

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

you know when players were saying that Carmelo was a "scapegoat" they were talking about Harden.

meanwhile, Melo is still unemployed. And Harden kept us out of the depths of the lottery.

Also, windhorst built his career off of Lebron's coattails. He's probably subconsciously biased against people who take away shine from his benefactor.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

FIFY

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clearly Tilman is spreading this vicious rumor to excuse Tilman from spending money to sign players. Trying to make you people blame Harden (or media) rather than Tilman

20. SRR21

SRR21 Member

The hate is so strong now, If the Rockets win the whole thing the planet as we know it will collapse.

amaru likes this.