1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would it take for 3rd seed?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SRR21, Feb 14, 2019.

1. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

3rd seed??? Get on your knees and hope for:

mir.jpg

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

A little bit skewed... Not all injuries are created equal and the one that has been hurting us currently is our second most important player, a young guy, injured in a fluke.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That's normal, pretty much everyone loses a young guy for 10-15 games. The point is overall, we were always certain to be injury prone as well as the luck-based injuries. Injuries are certain, it's their timing that's not.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yes, yes, yes.

This is what I have been saying. The DUD LOSSES have killed this team's seeding and the chance to be on the other side of the bracket as GSW. They might not beat GSW. And if that is the case, I would rather lose in the WCF than in the 2nd round.

Rockets have had injuries. Noted. But they lost a BUNCH of games (even with the injuries) that they had no business losing.

So they made their bed with their seeding.

D-rock and Nook like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Nothing short of us going on a crazy 15 game wining streak and the Thunder collapsing in a heap. Granted they have a tough remaining schedule but still unlikely

6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Rockets have a pretty good team, i mean i would like to see them run
    Capela,Faried, Tucker , Gordon, Harden. Yes bring Chris Paul off the bench. Reason for this is because we need someone manning the bench players, and Chris needs to keep are lead intact. Let Rivers try to shoot 3's, hes got that range, as well as Green, Shumpert off the bench. This to me make the most cents. Maybe sometimes run Harden and paul together during the near end of the game.

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Better hope for 6th seed and a healthy team.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

LOL @ all the people in the this thread acting like it was over and the rockets had no chance. there's 18 games left which is a ton and the arrow is pointing up

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In hindsight it took for us to have a massive win streak and for others to have longer losing streaks.

12. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What would it take for 1st seed?

I.D.I.O.T?

topfive and waytookrzy079 like this.
  13. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Need a new thread for this, but a thread for 2nd seed comes first, naturally.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The Warriors will need to lose the next 5 out of 7 games to:

March 8th: Denver
    Marcth 13th: Houston
    March 16th: OKC
    March 18th: San Antonio
    March 21st: Indiana

After that, they can pretty much put the vehicle in cruise control because the remaining schedule is super easy.

If they win 3-4 out of the 5 games above, @what and his Grizzlies will have to do us a huge favor TWICE in order for the 1st seed to even be in view.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I hope the Rockets only lose to the Warriors problem is if youre low enough you can get the warriors in the second round so win win win Rockets!