1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Really, looks like 2013 on his laminate

2. VanityHalfBlack

Pretty underwhelming card there for elimination chamber in Htown. I'm sure the 205 live match will steal the show though.

3. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Yeah it was 2019 on his badge, it was taken last month for some outdoor convention in Vegas that Eli/Taya was there promoting TNA and UT happened to be there. Eli/Taya wasn't even in TNA in 2013

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  4. Beavis Stiffler

Its interesting that Royal Rumble events are now starting to taking place in MLB baseball ballparks while Wrestlemania events are in NFL football stadiums.

5. body slam

body slam Member

maybe its just me but it seems like you would be closer to the action in NRG then MMP

6. buffalobills!!!

7. body slam

body slam Member

are there any of the talk shows in town this weekend Bruce Prichard, Jim Ross, ect...?

8. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

They hold a bigger capacity than basketball arenas of Rumble’s past. I like the open roof feel of a wrestling event

9. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Agree. 205 is killing it! Matt Riddle vs. Drew Gulak on NXT TV from 2/6 is one of the best transitional submission-hard striking matches I’ve seen on WWE TV in a long time! My favorite match of the year so far. Reminded me of 2002-2004 era Ring of Honor w/ Bryan, Punk, Joe, etc

I think the WWE Title EC match is one of the first EC’s where I dig all six guys going in (wish Ali was not hurt).

Women’s Tag EC and Ronda/Ruby will be good matches

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  10. yaoistall

yaoistall Member

He’s pretty much done physically, but i wish they could have worked angle into the Strowman/Corbin fight. Feels like he’s gonna hang it up after Mania, so would have been nice to see him live one last time.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I think Bruce and booker t had one Saturday night.

12. VanityHalfBlack

How was the attendance last night for Elimination chamber? Heard there was a lot of empty seats left?

13. VanityHalfBlack

ROH Houston attendance was really bad, like almost the whole arena was empty. Do you think because the venue is located in Downtown? Would it help if the venue was inside the loop?

14. Dave2000

It was about 90% full, hard camera side there was a few empty seats but the top section and camera side was packed

That was an incredible show, both EC matches was amazing and the Kofi chants towards the end of the show gave me goosebumps. I actually thought they were going to pull the trigger for his title reign. Got some shots in, you're welcome for the Woman's entrances :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4u6hQyBLstC7LWTh6

my god Peyton..... :drool:

tbh, I think it is because most people they wanted to see is in AEW now, at least that it was for me. The rest I've seen at WrestleCircus in Austin 2-3 years ago

15. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

It’s okay to change plans. Ride the momentum of Kofi. I know it’s suppose to be Ali’s spot.

Have on a Smackdown, a Rowan Bryan and New Day match. And then they can introduce Luke Harper back in to interfere and now you have a three on three match for fast lane. And you can have a stipulation saying if New Day wins, Kofi will have his match at WrestleMania.

They need make me booker.

16. Beavis Stiffler

17. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

As much as I love this Daniel Bryan as WWE Champ, Kofi beating him at Fastlane and being the champ makes me grin really big

Once Ronda leaves WWE wants Lacey Evans as part of the big 3 in the women’s division with Becky & Charlotte. They like her crossover “star potential” being an ex-marine and single mom out of high school. Very possible it’s Asuka vs Evans at WM

18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

My only problem with Kofi as champ is that I can't envision him being that compelling after the initial pop.

On the Lacy Evans front, I'm already tired of her on the main roster and she hasn't even done anything except strut down the entrance ramp randomly. I don't think she's a bad in-ring worker, but here gimmick of MAGA lady coupled with her shitty finisher (a regular-ass punch) aren't doing it for me.

19. Dave2000

So Batista....

I'm ok with it, honestly, I liked the tease from Smackdown 1000 episode, so last night's segment was pretty cool