1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was Tilman cheap for not going all in? A response.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 12, 2019.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Not sure where I should put this but

I recall similar mythical stats with Trev last year (off D rating better than on rating with the Rockets).

Imagine Trev, Luc (where the hell is Luc now) and Ryno still with the team this year, would we not be in much worse shape?

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

People don't like Tilman

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

The limited minutes Knight was playing, he looked pretty impressive. He was quick, agile, his handles were excellent and his shot fluid. Why didn’t we just keep him? I’d like to understand what MDA and Morey thought? Can anyone offer some decent input on this question?

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

knight still has a year left on his contract and shumpert is expiring

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I disagree .

Knight looked awful and physically broken .

The way he moved was so stiff , it hurt me to watch .

I still think it's a valid argument to keep him . But only because I think you could have gotten a lot more for him next year when he is expiring. Explaining contracts and picks generally land players better than iman shumpert .

Trading him for a guy Who will actually be in the rotation is nice . But then we should have committed to this season by keeping Ennis and signing House

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They should not even exhibit squirrels, any animals.

7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Short answer yes.

Long answer we will see .

If he goes well over the next 2 year then I'll forgive him . But until then , this is a precautionary move in a year where you go all in 99 percent of the time . If they truly feel GS is unbeatable this year then they should have held on to knight and firsts (or even Anderson in the first place ) to use as ammo next year .

We used up a fair bit of ammo to get under the tax . Ammo that could have been used purely to upgrade the team .

Right now Tillman is a cheap-ass . I'm open to him changing that narrative . But until he decides to say **** the luxury tax , I'm going all in .... that's what I'll think .

J.R. likes this.
  8. deshen

deshen Member

no, I do not think he is cheap. He is smart enough not to pay the tax penalty for nothing.
    what he needs to do is to bring Sam Hinkie to run this team.

#108 deshen, Feb 15, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2019