1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dunno man . That's not my job .

JVG is out there tho .

2. HP3

HP3 Member

And yet they coudnt win. Just remember Morey was never allowed to tank. Presti for all his draft picks still hasnt won a championship and ever since Durant and Harden left, they havent had the same success. Give me a break. LOL naming the Bucks...foh. Pop shares the GM duties so no he doesnt get all the credit. Jerry West is also....not a GM, good god. And the raptors havent had any success, and they were in the weak east. And Bob Meyers got lucky as hell with Durant and Draymond.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  3. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey would take another position in the organization. What is this, year 13? Semi-retirement seems possible at some point. Bring in Hink.

4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Not opposed to a coaching change, just wanted to know who would be a realistic upgrade that was available. We'll see what the offseason brings.

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Honestly the most impressive thing about Morey's tenure with us is that we actually never really tanked or went under .500 and still were able to do alright/compete.
    Fans take that for granted, yea we never got a ring, but at least we were always competing.

It will b hard to find a replacement for Morey (if he's fired or resign), it's hard to get someone this consistent.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

So what if they couldn't win, neither can Morey. He's in the same exact boat as those other GMs. Morey never could tank, but look at how more attractive Houston is to FAs compared to OKC, Toronto, or Milwaukee. He has an advantage that those other GMs don't have.

HP3 likes this.
  7. HP3

HP3 Member

Toronto is a pretty great city man. I dont remember the last free major agent that went to MIlwaukee or OKC for that matter. Paul George would have never gone there had he not been traded, I think that's a fact. Presti is a great GM and he did good keeping Paul George but if we are going to play that game(like some do with Morey on this forum) that had everything to do with Westbrook and nothing to do with the FO itself.

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd have an open invitation.

If you've had semi professional coaching experience, come on in.

I tell them to shut their mouth when they try to talk themselves up.

I simply tell them to draw five offensive plays for me that don't incorporate Harden bringing the ball up the court and holding it for 20 seconds.

That'll filter out plenty of them. But the ones who do have something already are positioned to have us better than McHa, sorry I mean D'Antoni. I just couldn't remember because they're both as bad as each other with X and Os.

9. clos4life

clos4life Member

So who would that be? Because I'm not firing D'Antoni just because I hope some random dude is going to outcoach him.

10. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Morey and rockets ben fitted from injuries LeBron. LeBron and Lakers was solid contender until injuries.

Then Ennis injuried lonzo ball in that Lakers game too!

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

lost 2 out of three of them as well. Got destroyed in the Harden trade. Morey has destroyed Presti, Morey did a lot of little deals getting assets for that Harden trade which was amazing. Presti has struck out quite a bit before landing George. If you take away the Finals appearance and go by since the Harden trade. Houston have been to the same amount of Conference Finals as the Thunder. Lost in the Western Conference first round 2 years in a row now.

12. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

We’d have a championship too if not for the greasiest team of all time standing in our way.

If CP holds up and KD leaves for NY or the clips I think we’ll have one more shot next year.

FartWaffles likes this.
  13. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

sign sucks player for small forward

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That would be Tilfart.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

If harden is unable to get champion, he will left Houston. Why Morey saves money to buy top small forward?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

5 more years

Billy King will have to wait sorry

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Maybe some of you should consider finding a new team, instead of enduring five more years of torture. Bye.

YOLO and fckbandwagons like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MOREY HATERS GO HOME

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

maurley will definitely leave post-harden. we should prepare our butts.

and the new motto should be fire tillmayn.

20. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You sound like Nathan Arizona Lol

Jontro likes this.