1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ilhan Omar tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

on the other hand, here is what Obama's former ambassador to Israel has to say:

jcf likes this.
  2. TheresTheDagger

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Fine, but her lack of tact or political savvy doesn’t make her position anti-Semitic. I am amazed at how shallow the actual accusations of anti-semitism are, but when you look like she does it’s easy for political adversaries to make a label like that stick.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. astros123

astros123 Member

APIAC controls both parties in this country. Shes fighting a losing battle.

5. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

So the argument now is that the alt-right Nazi GOP is bought by the Jews? makes sense

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Excellent. It's great that she is learning. I hope she continues learning and gaining experience.

7. astros123

astros123 Member

8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

#48 tallanvor, Feb 11, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

If Israel has in fact hypnotized the world. How can we know about it. Seems to be a paradox.

10. jcf

jcf Member

Look in the world of alleged dog whistles, I don't think you get a pass for a "lack of tact or political savvy". So far, she has been less than impressive or sensitive in her comments. Yes, she is young and will have an opportunity to learn and improve -- but I hope that improvement comes in becoming more open minded instead of masking her intentions better.

As for "looking like she does", I think it is was probably a big plus for her campaign to be a young, attractive non-white female. I'm more concerned with whether her comments truly reflect how she thinks/believes than how she looks.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Israel receives way too much American taxpayer-funded money, weapons, and tech regardless of whether who controls congress or white house.

The fact that they compete w/ the US for arms deals doesn't make me a happy camper either, let alone all the deep spying of American weapons tech.

I guess if our relationship were more as equals, then one can claim it's fair game, but I consider them more a vassal than an equal.

And if they want to be considered equals, then Europe Israel should pay their fair share.

As for Ilhan Omar, not impressed so far, but it doesn't sink her either.

12. Nook

Nook Member

BREAKING NEWS:

Muslims & Jews hate each other!

Shocking! Shocking I tell you!

13. astros123

astros123 Member

lol muslims hate zionist, not all jews. big difference

14. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh if you say so. Almost every single practicing Jew I have known has hated Muslims and the same is true for the practicing Muslims I have known.

I have known some atheists that were born Jewish or Muslim that fall out of the hate vortex but that isn’t surprising.

Both sides try to claim the high ground but whatever.

I have spent a lot of time in Israel and also a number of areas in the Middle East and tolerance isn’t something either group really practices.

15. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

let's take a break from anti-Semitism and consider Omar's mathematical abilities:

The Pinocchio Test
    Omar can point to a document filed with the SEC for her data point and can certainly raise pointed questions about the pay gap at McDonald’s between the chief executive and the typical worker. But her statement lacks context. The $7,000 figure is for a part-time worker in Poland, not a full-time worker in the United States as she suggested.

Omar relied on an article that did not make clear the caveat in McDonald’s disclosure. But we always warn politicians (and their staffs) that it is important to check the original source, as news media accounts may be inaccurate or misleading.

Omar earns two Pinocchios.

Two Pinocchios
    [​IMG]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...r-mcdonalds-make-just/?utm_term=.c4383d12f79c

[​IMG]

mick fry likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

She's being treated like trump. He's a pandering, unsympathetic, out of touch, egotistical, ignorant, idiot but he was labeled a White Supremacist by many people. Obama the same, as a Muslim. Labels, it's what people unfairly use against other people because it "works."

17. ipaman

Dispute a gross generalization with another lol. No difference.

18. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The left eats itself.

mick fry likes this.
  19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is that why extremist white supremacists love Trump and extremist Muslims hate Obama?

What you stated was rather reductive.

20. ipaman

Your reply was lazy and unrelated but people who label Obama a Muslim think extremist Muslims love Obama.

Reductive or not, it's true especially today. Now more than ever folks label other folks with a word indefinitely. It's rude and dismissive of the experienced and complex individual. Meant to demean, burden, and snare a person so that the offending can "win" their argument or "rationalize" the other away.