1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets 2/9/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 7, 2019.

1. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

So am I.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

No way we lose this game if Capela plays. Same story since he went down. Getting killed on the boards on a nightly basis.

I cringed whenever we made that late sub of Faried for Nene. Nene was actually giving us quaility minutes tonight. Subbed in Faried, high screen, defensive breakdown and easy Westbrook layup. Game deciding basket.

3. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Wondering if this helps speeds up discussions with House...

4. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

There it is, the “heart” of the rockets team back then

IvanLCPM, ilovehtownbb and J.R. like this.
  5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I love PJ but he’s a 24 min player to me. He isn't a threat out there on offense and he get cooked trying to guard on the perimeter. He’s still a good post/mid-range defender but he can’t check anyone above the three point line.

BigShasta, ilovehtownbb and YallMean like this.
  6. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

The Thunder basically figured out what more and more teams are figuring out - the Rockets are too small to do anything inside against a team with size, and if you let them have the 3, they'll shoot themselves out of a game as fast as they go up. Combine that with the Rockets lack of hustle and general mental disinterest and you get a game like this.

Wouldn't be surprised if the media uses this game to rule Harden out for a second MVP award. George pretty solidly outplayed him on both ends and got a huge comeback win on Harden's floor.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Keep in mind guys, 6th/7th Seed doesn't face Warriors until CFs.

Assuming you advance.

8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

You know how in the beginning of the season we were going one step forward, two steps back?

Well now it seems like we’re doing the opposite—two steps forward, one step back.

Yes, the team falters far more then it should but we’re making progress, one step at a time...as long as we don’t trip and strain a hammy :p

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Correct. It’s a sign of a team that has truly been a failure

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

That, the floater...OKC had Ferguson and George with 5 fouls and we didn't even try to take advantage of that.

slothy420 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

One critical possession . .

12. HP3

HP3 Member

What about the missed Harden step backs and turnovers then? See, its easy to play the blame game. I was just saying I trusted CP more with the rock in this particular game, all Im saying.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was all happy in the first half with our 70-45 lead, then wham, it didn't take long to just knock that smile right off my face.

It would help if Tucker, Shumpert, and Nene got more than 5 points between them. I mean come on, Tucker played 36 min and scored a big goose egg. Shumpert 24 minutes and 3 points. Nene 17 min and 2 points. Granted, some of that was on James, with his ISO, ISO, ISO and 1 assist.

They just killed us on the boards. Between James, Green, Gordon, and Rivers we got a whopping 3 rebounds. Come on guys!!!! Play with more effort, and like you want to win. Games like this are just so frustrating to watch, and happen far too often.

ilovehtownbb and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. shvedsucks

shvedsucks Member

The fact that this isn’t a surprise is pathetic

Vivi likes this.
  15. bro2044

bro2044 Member

So... I was out and couldn't watch the game tonight.

Lucky me I guess. My god.

I looked at the score at halftime, was VERY pleasantly surprised and thought "itll be hard to keep this lead that high, but we ARE at home!"........ and then I looked 30min ago and my stomach just dropped. Seriously?!!?!!? Did we just do EVERYTHING wrong 2nd half? No rebounding, no passing, missing everything, allowing second chance points and stupid fouls?

Honestly, I know when we get Capela back that we will mow through most of the league... but tonight...... GEEZ, how did we lose a 24pt 2nd half lead?!?!?!

16. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The entire team and coaching staff deserves blame for the loss, even the MVP himself. What part of that don’t you understand? Harden doesn’t get absolved because he dropped 42 points, especially when the rest ot his line is garbage: sub-40% shooting, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 5 turnovers.

James Harden deserves to be the back-to-back MVP this season for putting this team on his back consistently, but he doesn’t get a pass for that third quarter collapse. He was on the court, too.

#1416 DVauthrin, Feb 9, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    Little Bit likes this.
  17. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

18. GottaHaveHeart

Had an ugly shot!

19. riko

riko Member

HARden has his shoulder heavily iced. Not good

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Anyone would have to ice their shoulder after carrying Tilmann's scrubs.