1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Raptors being ignored?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 1, 2018.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

pretty sure lowry, van fleet, and siakum were out last game, lowry also out the one before that. they have had a pretty tough schedule lately.

they'll be fine though.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Their bench is again ridiculous.

How do they find all those guys and they go that deep?

3. ilias

ilias Member

As long as Kawhi stays healthy, the Raptors have a real shot at the title. This team is built for the playoffs. Between Ibaka, Siakam and Kawhi, their front court defence can be suffocating. Green and Lowry are very good defenders, and they can bring 3-4 long wings off the bench. No weak link in their rotation that teams can exploit. Valanciunas probably plays less against teams that cause switches to get mismatches. They are really deep. Lots of guys that can shoot the 3. Kawhi can generate decent shots for himself, when needed at crunch time. At this stage I would be surprised if they do not come out of the East.

hakeem94, sew and daywalker02 like this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The Raptors have been a good regular season team but got owned by LeBron in playoffs in the past few years.

LeBron is gone from the East. And they swapped Leonard for DeRozen, which is a big upgrade. They are going to make some noise.

That said, the East is also getting more competitive. Are we just gonna ignore the Bucks this year? (I.D.I.O.T.) The Celtics and the Sixers are underachieving but remain to be dangerous in the playoffs. And the Pacers are quietly moving up. So Toronto while getting better has a lot of challengers to contend with.

sew and YOLO like this.
  5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I think Toronto are clear favourites and only Boston has a chance to take em down.

Sixers have been shady. Milwaukee is good but I’ve never seen a team go from never winning a playoff series to making it all the way to the finals.

I really don’t wanna see Toronto win but unless Celtics pull their sh*t together they should have a relatively easy path, compared to whatever team makes it out of the west.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I just seem to have little confidence in the east

Rocket River

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree that Toronto is the favorite. But don't agree that they will have an easy path. True, these other teams might just crumble. But they might also be tough to beat. Don't forget Indiana almost upset LeBron's Cavs last year. And the Celtics can beat anyone in the East. The Sixers still have time to put things together. And the Bucks have matured a lot.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn. Mclemore looks like Tarzan but plys like Jane.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

The only example I can think of is the Rockets in 1986, who had not won a series since before getting Sampson and Akeem.