1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets trade for Iman Shumpert

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mikol13, Feb 6, 2019.

1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I got the same request from you years ago and haven't stopped agitating the masses since

2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

nobody can guard durant, not ariza, nor tucker, but they can just get in his face. he can do that.

mike2k132 likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Correct. To put it in context, you will never stop a player like KD. But you can force him into a few bad shooting games or force him into turnovers. Shumpert is THAT type of defender. He's probably the best option we've had to replace Ariza. Can you imagine PJ & Shumpert flying around the court?

bj3175, Hakeemtheking and jcmoon like this.
  4. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i am already having dreams, having watching his youtube highlights....he is very underrated on this board for some reason.....he is exactly what we need. can guard the 1 through 4, as he even takes paul george on the perimeter, not only curry, and he guards them well, even better than beverley it seems....he does it without fouling because he's so quick. That quickness not only makes him an elite half court perimeter defender, but also an ellte transition defender, just as a young ariza was. He should get a lot of steals and fast breaks. Not only that, he has the handles to take it to the hoop, as he'll be guarded by a weak link by the other team, since their best defenders will be on harden and Paul. He cuts to the basket as quick as anybody, and should make a living cutting tot he basket for easy layups and dunks from the perimeter. I am excited! I see a big win streak coming and everyone on this board is going to fall in love with Shump! :)

bj3175 likes this.
  5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I want to see that! We will lock teams down in the 4th quarter to submission! I am serious, our defense has recently improved and it will only be made better with Shump. Perimeter defense? Forget about it! We will be filthy Shump, PJ, Rivers, EG and hopefully a rejuvenated CP3.

6. Johnbutte

Johnbutte Member

Regardless of how they got here, rivers, faried, and shumpert are strong additions. All it cost was a first and a second, and they are out from under Anderson’s contract. If those three had been the off-season additions instead of the mutants at table 9, morey would have gotten high praise.

7. hakeemthagreat

Exactly. This is essentially why I like this roster over last year. Last year we weren't nearly as deep. This year we have so many different options

Hakeemtheking and sirbaihu like this.
  8. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

He always reminds me of Courtney Lee. Is that a good comparison?

9. Chamillionaire

By the way, props to anyone who said Bruno belonged in the league. He played really well against OKC. He's always in better position to defend and actually challenges everything around him. He just needs more experience. We should of kept this dude.

10. PeppermintCandy

Very good pick up and makes b-ball sense, though not sure about the price.

If healthy, this team could be the best at playing the small ball game. And it will be interesting how MDA will choose to handle some of the bigger frontcourts.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

And we've all been better for it, stedd. While my own noggin may suffer from too many years of delving into the mysteries of - well, never mind. Anyway, I think we need all the reasonably operative minds that we can get. If I have a good vibe reading a post from someone I don't recognize, I've always tried to encourage them to stick around.

As you know, we've lost some good members over the years. Gotta keep the BBS going! The masses are groovy, in the main, yet a host of people join and don't post. Members who could be contributing to the conversations we enjoy (or find exasperating). Loads of people lurk who could join and enjoy this place a lot more than they are now (or be driven crazy - it's an ever present danger). I lurked for years, starting a few months before the Francis trade.

Easy, steddinotayto and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Took 54 games but we finally have a championship level roster.

Now we just need Clint back and cp3 back in form.

Cp3
    Harden
    Gordon
    Rivers
    Shump
    Green
    Tucker
    Faried
    Clint

That’s a deep versatile team that on paper should be a good not great but good defensive team.

Still a little worried about the rebounding but now the only true weak link on the perimeter defensively is Green but he’s a spark plug and as we’ve seen time and time again can get hot and score 18+ At anytime.

I like this team a lot more than last year from a talent standpoint.

We just need to get healthy and have atleast the last 10 games before the playoffs to gel at full strength.

Love the Shumpert acquisition he’s going to better here than any place he’s ever been. He’s improved from deep very good in the corners and will have plenty of space to operate with all the space James provides.

I think he’ll be fantastic playing with James.

13. Chamillionaire

Cp3
    Harden
    Gordon
    Rivers
    Shump
    Green
    Tucker
    Faried
    Clint

Really like how our versatility allows us to switch everything. Shump fits like a glove here.

Hakeemtheking and bj3175 like this.
  14. Roxs-Redemption

15. bj3175

bj3175 Member

Our situation is easy iso or pick n roll leading to wide open layups or dunks plus open 3's If the 3 & D guys hit their open threes we will win.

16. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

If we could get one more player and House back that would be awesome. Morey really fixed his huge **** up from this off season and picked up solid pieces without losing anyone. Just need to get healthy.

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the first 6 guys are guards. we were already short and got even shorter now. smallball short rotations forever with this team

18. Chamillionaire

We just need Clint healthy and ready to go in the PO. I'm pretty comfortable with Faried backing up Clint.

pippendagimp likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

against adams and cousins i would have liked a true big, perhaps one becomes available off a buyout

jboslett likes this.
  20. Chamillionaire

Would you be comfortable with Markieff? I'm curious to see who Morey likes out of the group. Gortat could be a possibility.