1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Feigen] Rockets done dealing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Feb 7, 2019.

1. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I do agree that the addition of Rivers, Faried, Shumpert and possibly House are a step up from last year's team. The only difference is Paul and Gordon's performance thus far has been spotty. If they can get their mojo back I really do like our chances to compete in the West and hopefully get a shot against GSW. The team should be a little deeper in the playoffs assuming injuries don't hit us again. Seemed we were short of backups at several positions last year. No backup PG, No backup C, No backup PF which ended up biting us in the ass.

Really hoping we add a solid backup 4 somehow as that seems to be the biggest position of need now. Markieff seems like the best option but may not be healthy enough.

The additions of Rivers, Faried and Shumpert allowed Morey and Tillman to go ahead and go for getting below the luxury tax so the following season's won't be as painful. We still have a shot to compete this year (albeit a small one due to the Warriors dominance) but maybe this gives us a better window over the next 2 years while still not shutting the door on this season due to the gritty veterans that we have added (with hopefully more to come).

IvanLCPM, carib and chinese like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This is not being said enough and truly Deserves Its Own Thread and calculations.

With the way Duncan is going at Tilman, and Duncan being a Capolgist Expert, I bet @J.R. could coax Duncan into reporting how much Tilman will receive from the tax sharing pool​

I want to know how much money from the Tax Sharing Pool Tilman Can now receive for being a non-Taxpayer and being rewarded under the CBA with a higher split of the tax revenue pool.

BigShasta, izeroi, Gray_Jay and 6 others like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Now that the Trade Deadline is over, would love to get a recap from @Codman.

Clearly the Ears knew a lot of the parts that would be moved. Unfortunately many of those parts (Oubre or JaMychal Green) didn't find their way here.

Any buyout candidate news? House news?

Nene is still here!

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Morey had to do what the owner asked him to do. Definitely not blaming him.

Dgn1, Smacktle, Nelly and 2 others like this.
  5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

see, this is the right time to b**** about Tilman's cheapness.

HP3 likes this.
  6. Purvis's shorts

At least the Rockets didn't trade for JR Smith

Mazulis and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

lol they just DONE lol Like I said no faith in Morey to get anythign doen that wil actually help.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I would not be surprised at all if Harden requests trade.

We are wasting his prime...

everyday eddie likes this.
  9. raining threes

Every yr Morey says the Rockets are going to be players at the trade deadline and every year they make a bunch of minor moves that get them below the tax line. So this should be expected. They never make difference making moves at the deadline.

BTW, There's a reason Shumpert has been traded so many times. He's very overrated. I do like Baldwin though.

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

So...I now have the full go to think Tilman is trash?

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Dude i'm mad as hell...can't we get anybody good!!

12. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

No, you are missing it. We didn't want to pay the price for the Ryno mistake before last year. If we had, we would have been out two 1sts but had contributing players that likely help us win the rigged championship anyway. Then we have the entire year to package and trade them plus picks for something better. We let a DEAD and NEGATIVE asset sit on our books for two years and paid the same price but lost the opportunity to do anything to overcome it. We wasted $40M of opportunity and two years that could have helped this team and instead put in a dumpster and set it on fire! This all while Harden faithfully did everything he could to become a champion for this city. Not to mention the rest of the team killing itself. This didn't have to happen and it did because of ego. Our reward is TF.

hakeem94 and Nelly like this.
  13. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm not blaming Morey. I'm just disappointed that we can't spend to maximize our window. I wish we could've had an owner that spared no expense.

Dgn1 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

can't wait for him to pass it along to the fans!

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Need to sign House now.

16. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Ryno. That is his culpability that should have been dealt with before last year. It was fatal. Beyond that is TF.

17. cebu

cebu Member

= brand new yacht

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Ryno regressed for some unforeseeable reason. It's like his confidence was so shot that he unfortunately became unplayable.

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

Not sure if already posted

Smacktle and Lawlruschang like this.
  20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

There’s that dreaded word “flexibility” again. SMH. I had high hopes for this deadline...

Feel sorry for Harden.

bmelo, J Sizzle, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.