1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let me trade that Thon...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by justtxyank, Jan 26, 2019.

1. malakas

malakas Member

Sure. As I said MDA is a pioneer of the modern offence.
    If you ask me I like Bud more as a coach right now.
    However I am not an expert. I am not qualified to judge very well on what is considered Buds weak point which is his in game adjustments in the playoffs. In the regular season so far his in game adjustments have been amazing but we will see.

2. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Fair enough. Anyways, enjoyed the talk, but I got work to finish.

malakas likes this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

I wanna see Thon, Hasheem, and Two Sammiches in some sort of Thunderdome of worthless 7'ers.

One man leaves.

4. basketballholic

I wanted him at the draft.....for Capela. Because I know Capela is a systems player. Faried is proving that for you.

But Thon is in his third season. He still has potential. But he's simply not worth giving up a first rounder for at this point. I would not do that.

This is the problem with you guys. You never come off guys. And because you don't reevaluate you think that I don't either. You don't accept that the NBA game and business is fluid and dynamic. I do. I can come off a player. I can reevaluate what is best for the team given the present conditions. Right now...we really shouldn't give up a pick for unproven players. We should stay loaded for a big kill. And while I'd love to have Thon or some other 7-foot three point shooter that has shown some switching and rim protecting ability...it's not the time to gamble with a pick.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Here is the thing about Thon people don't realize. The kid is not a center. He is more of a stretch 4 or a long 3. The only reason the buck use him there is because of Giannis. So I don't expect him to take the ball out Giannis's hand to run the offense thru Thon. The kid has some handles and can hit the corner three. The other big plus is that he is young and gives us a future. I think his career will be like Jermaine O'neal in terms of waiting for his turn to develop.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'd trade Capela for Makur Maker right now. - 'Holic

8. TilmanFinancialWindfall

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

pair him up with tacko in boston and make the nba get rid of the 3 seconds, allow zone and goaltending.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Throw in bol bol.

Tacko Bol Makur it happen.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

and have aaron brooks lead at the 1

12. J.R.

J.R. Member