1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2018-19

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 7, 2018.

1. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Out-reboundeded every game since CC went down. Badly.

It’s been long enough to call it a pattern. We should act accordingly.

jboslett and D-rock like this.
  2. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Etwan Moore is available!

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I never said to play Faried as a small forward. I said play Faried at power forward because that's what he first played in Denver before he was moved to Center. But you may be right about Faried and Capela wouldn't be a good fit together. The Rockets should trade for Bazemore from the Hawks he is the best small forward available out there. I don't see anyone else out there available besides Bazemore.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

After seeing last nights game...this team truly needs a Center/PF with size. We got eaten up on the boards again. Faried can only do so much. We need to get our hands on Gasol, Dedmon, or Maker. If we can do a package deal of Gasol and Green/Dedmon and Bazemore that would be bad ass too. Wings and bigs is what this team is lacking. I’m trading Ennis, Knight, Chriss, EG, draft picks, Nene, etc. whatever it takes.

jb86, BaselineFade and BamBam like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jamychael Green UFA for Ennis, Gerald ( if he agrees to be traded), Hart, Chriss and a top 10 protected 1st rounder. It works on the trade machine. I didn't add House because of cap problems.
    Perhaps it won't work, but I couldn't think of anything better.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

How about something like this? Helps with our size issues and brings us in a SF/SG that’s young and still on his Rookie deal. Still think we could use another SG/SF but maybe that’s a buyout candidate like Demarre Carroll or someone like that.

HOU OUT: Chriss, House, Nene, Gordon and picks
    HOU IN: Jamychal Green, Dedmon, and Prince

ATL Out: Prince, Dedmon
    ATL IN: Temple, Chriss, and House

MEM OUT: Temple and Jamychal Green
    MEM IN: Eric Gordon and Nene

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. Zergling

Zergling Member

P.J. Tucker should be a 20-25 minute guy off the bench providing some energy and spot-up shooting.

I really hope the Rockets aren't satisfied with the level of production we're getting out the starting PF position. Once again, for what feels like the 20th year in a row, we're back to a starting caliber PF being our biggest need.

IMO House when he comes back is actually our best option for starting PF, but we need to do better.

Jimmy Butler (2" taller than Tucker) by the way would've been our best PF since Barkley.

jboslett likes this.
  8. Zergling

Zergling Member

I would trade Knight and Chriss for Tristan Thompson, given that starting C is currently a huge need.

baller4life315 likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Armchair GM mode, we need impact defenders and we need them now. I would like to see a trade for MKG and James Johnson. All this talk about Bazemore needs to halt.

baller4life315 likes this.
  10. baller4life315

I’d gladly trade our trash for TT. Our center situation without Capela is perilous.

The Khloe thing might be weird, though.

11. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

SHUT UP.

WE dont need a big... Clint is our big.....we need to make a trade for a wing or stretch 4.

Thats a NEED.

Clint will be back soon and all of this big man issues will go away.

xaos and Grizzlyshark like this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Once we get MKG or JJ and they miss some shots, because you know they will, we would read a ton of complains about why we traded for guys that can't shoot, you know it :D

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Not gonna lie, after every terrible Rockets loss I come into this forum and hope to see some post from @Codman to lift my spirits on hoping the Rockets can add an impact player(s).

Anyone else feel the same?

D-rock, jch1911, Erbnwarfare and 3 others like this.
  14. baller4life315

Really glad you and your caps lock key aren’t calling the shots here.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I've been through that, but honestly, the rumors aren't cutting it for me this season. I've become so jaded with so many deals that get discussed but don't come to fruition, I'm ready for Morey to make some actual impact moves via trade. Codman nor any insider can magically make the deals happen and Morey can't either. He doesn't normally accomplish this mid-season (Brewer and Lou Will come to mind as moves that helped but didn't necessarily put us over the proverbial hump) but I'm hoping we trade for multiple real impact players. I want 2 + players with length, the ability to guard 3-5, and the ability to stretch the floor.

#1375 treyk3, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I always enjoy Cod's posts, and I know he reports what he hears, but now it's just down to 8 days left and what will we do? I'm mostly just going to hide and watch because at the trade-deadline we are often dismayed at the gulf between Daryl's ambition and Daryl's results. Hope springs eternal, however.

I'd like to think it's misdirection when Morey says he's satisfied with our big rotation. Because he has quite the blind spot. Granted, the Rockets won't take off games in the playoffs, but they keep throwing away these chances to move up in the standings and get home court for at least one round. Raptors? They show up. Win. Pelicans without three starters, including AD? They bend over. And get outrebounded and outscored by a castaway center.

Capela won't return for a while. Faried has been a minor revelation but he can't hold back the tide with a broom.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

@HP3 rumblings out of Toronto is they’re in super hot pursuit of AD

Know of any good rentals in the Houston area? I can’t be here if that happens

luckyman76 and HP3 like this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

Haha, their ignorance wont affect our net rating though ;)

Vivi likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Hmm, I dont think they can beat Boston...but I do think they can beat LA. Im wondering just how much of their depth(prolly all of it LOL) they would throw for AD.

Just in case though, Sugarland and The Woodlands are nice if you dont mind spending haha.

20. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Maybe not in those words but i tend to agree. If we get another big. After Capella gets back we'll gave a log jam.. unless we can offload Nene, Hart and Chriss for a back up (or starting) PF. Faried is our back up 5. Tucker plays small ball 5.

When healthy our big man rotation should be fine...

At the moment were starting Harden/Gordon at SF. :/