1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Old ESPN Article] The Story of Kenneth Faried's Rebounding

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Marsarinian, Jan 25, 2019.

1. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Love that the Manimal is playing for the Rockets!!
    I don’t care or need to know his life story! This thread can easily be derailed into DD territory!

Go Rockets!!!

clos4life likes this.
  2. clos4life

clos4life Member

I did. Very minuscule section of the article but I did.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I loved reading the article, OP. Kenneth Faried has a unique motivation for being a rebounding animal, and from what I've seen so far, he hasn't lost it. Great find, @Marsarinian.

Patience and BaselineFade like this.
  4. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

It's about 1% who gives a rats ass about that psycho babble in this thread. article is good beans btw....

Manimal shall rule the earth ! (with 2nd team....)

Deckard likes this.
  5. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Far-'weed' for the rebound and score!!!!!

6. Malaya

Malaya Member

What a story and what motivation for rebounding!

Is his mom still living?

vlaurelio likes this.
  7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

main story starts off with: Every rebound tells a story....

"grammar" expert: "article is about rebounding 10% at the most"

the story isn't about just basketball rebound exclusively

but it also about rebounds in life. its ups and downs, joys and sorrows, challenges and success, fighting and letting go etc...

its like the symbolism of Faried;s every rebound

D-rock and topfive like this.
  8. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Yeah. The refrain in the article is "rebound or die". Good grief. Great article. I look forward to more rebounding and glad he's with us.

Deckard, vlaurelio and D-rock like this.
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

BEGINNING OF ARTICLE

Kenneth Faried makes moms proud

DENVER -- Minutes after Jason Collins revealed he was gay on April 29, a certain Denver Nugget fired up his iPhone to send out an urgent tweet. He wanted to be the first to give a standing ovation, the first to say the world was a better place. It took him about 60 seconds to type his words in, and, presto, Kenneth Faried was in the fray again:

Wow this is amazing all smiles. So so happy Jason Collins came out &announce he was openly GAY…ALL SUPPORT OVER HERE #ATHLETEALLY #LGBT

Predictably, there were immediate tweets about his tweet. Some were heartfelt and upbeat:

Choosing new fave NBA players based off Jason Collins reactions; shout out to Kenneth Faried for the best one.

But others were darts right back at him:

Kenneth Faried supporting Jason Collins … he a f** too

Kenneth Faried a lil too happy Jason Collins came out the closet lol

I'm not a hater, but I dunno how I feel about Kenneth Faried's tweet about Jason Collins. You happy to find out a man is gay?

It was like grade school all over again -- Kenneth Faried being called "gay boy" … Kenneth Faried wanting to ball up his fists … Kenneth Faried having to stick up for his mom … and his other mom.

That's the title and beginning of the article. Somewhere along the way they make a loose connection between rebounding and his personal life, which is a very small part of the article.

Even the ESPN title is not about rebounding. I don't really care what anyone posts about, just be accurate in your description of it. If you say the article is about candy and I get a gun rights article instead, well, that's just plain misleading.

10. Marsarinian

Marsarinian Contributing Member

Let it go, brother. Also, being gay is not an "alternative sexual preference."

Deckard and D-rock like this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Once again, I don't care what's posted. Literally no problem on that end. Just label it properly.

12. vlaurelio

let me guess you did a word count right?

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

No, just plain old reading comprehension. You should try it.

14. vlaurelio

LOL our resident "grammar" expert

15. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

No need to act like a dick. We get it. You wish the article were labeled something more like, "Faried's alright with gay players" or something like that. I'm open if you have better suggestion for a more appropriate title. Actually, would be interested to see how you think the thread should have been titled.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Once again, whatever other people choose to support is something I could care less about. His business, his personal life, not mine. I just want to know what I'm going to click on.

Regarding your question, how about simply using what ESPN had titled it? "Kenneth Faried makes moms proud"