1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis Requested Trade From Pelicans (Rockets to offer?)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Philter_09, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have a hard time thinking that multiple teams wouldn't beat that offer.

BigMaloe, tc0330, saleem and 2 others like this.
  2. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not how Morey thinks. If he senses that he can get Davis for any amount of time, especially for a full season after this one, he's going to pursue him. Remember, this is the one GM who would not leave Orlando alone during the Dwightmare. He takes risks and wouldn't let contract length get in the way of winning a championship.

Harden + Davis + Paul gives you the best shot outside of Golden State to win. LeBron and Davis alone don't make it past the Warriors.

D-rock likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

On picks alone Boston beats us. If we get Anthony Davis there is no chance that any of our picks are worth a damn. Might as well be 2nds. Boston has better picks, including the Grizz pick. On players it would come down to whether New Orleans is in love with Capela, which I doubt. Otherwise, again, Boston can offer more interesting pieces.

I don't love Ingram but a lot of people in the league do. He's probably seen as a better piece than Capela. That's the issue. We don't have a single golden chip.

YOLO and steddinotayto like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jrue too lol! Add Moore to the list too.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously
    I will take THIS YEAR and NEXT YEAR
    of Harden - CP3 - AD . . . .. . .. . . . even if AD walks

I think we could win a championship one of those years
    and
    It would make it difficult for him to walk but if he does. . . oh well

Rocket River

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If they gonna have a fire sale. . . .

Rocket River

saleem likes this.
  7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Line up a trade of gordon to philly for a 1st.

Line up another trade of capela to Dallas or Charlotte for 2 future 1sts.

Offer potential package of 7 future 1st rd picks and see if that's enough.

If not, target Mirotic, etwaun, darius and jrue.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. amaru

amaru Member

I guess we'll wait and see. I know he's out for at least 4-6 weeks, barring setbacks. Grade 3's are serious.

9. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Are the Rockets blocked from having Davis by the same thing that Boston is dealing with with Kyrie?

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, the enamore that we as fans have with Capela, I keep asking is that the afterglow of Harden? I'm not being rhetorical here, I'm being serious. Capela in a lot of ways is like Deandre Jordan. He's asked to be a shot blocker and a garbage man on offense. He does all the dirty work, the screens, jumping for those lobs, taking abuse, but that only exists when you gotta guy like Jim throwing him those dimes. Without him, I can't help but wonder how effective he will be.

If I see that, trade partners see that too.

saleem and topfive like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

What I'm saying is that if the Pels trade AD, they wouldn't mind getting back an injured player who won't help much this year. Lottery, here we come! Then Lonzo's fully healthy and ready to help next season.

amaru likes this.
  12. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

As he should. Ennis is untouchable.

cheke64 likes this.
  13. gogispade

gogispade Member

If I were DM I would go all in on AD. CP&JH13&AD could make some noice IMO.

14. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Man, eff Anthony Davis. Whatever contender he’s traded to it’s going to drastically upset the team chemistry and their financial flexibility. We’ve got a good thing going here. Harden needs micro help, not macro and I’m
    not excited about mortgaging the future of this organization with a superstar who could bolt in 2 years.

Jimmy Butler has faded into obscurity in Philly and so far, Toronto and San Antonio are the same teams they were before the blockbuster.

I’m sure I’m in the minority here, but just because it looks good it doesn’t mean it’a good for you. Other than a few secondary moves, I’m standing pat.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't believe so as Harden and Paul's contracts are grandfathered into the previous CBA and is not under the same designated player rule.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Grizzlies pick is protected for two more years (though just top 8 and top 6), Kings pick is high lottery, Clippers pick is lottery protected...those are ovbiously still better than our own (even if unprotected...maybe), but might no be enough, Spurs didn't want picks for example, and the Kings pick sure looked way better when they were looking to trade Kawhi.

On the players side i guess we just disagree a bit, to me Capela and Gordon as players/contracts have more value than what Boston can offer unless we talk about Tatum. Same for Ingram, imo Capela is better, but that's just me. Overall maybe we can agree that neither has probably that much more value compared to the other...? I guess i can agree with this.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Deandre Jordan got a max contract. The league obviously values the skill set.

You’re also seriously misjudging how good Capela is at reading the defense once he gets the pass on the roll.

18. gotsis

gotsis Member

Cp3 makes 0 sense for them. They probably will test the market and choose from 2 strategies:

1. Trade AD for lots of picks and young players with high potential - boston comes to mind with the perfect mixture. This also lets them have capspace to be a player in free agency and cp3 kills that.

2. Trade for the closest equal level talent wise - like san antonio did by getting the raptors. Cp3 also doesn't fit the mold, since it's clear he is declining.

We are a longshot to get him, but who knows, maybe morey finds a way to work his magic.

19. amaru

amaru Member

It's a possibility.

20. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Not that I think the Rockets can make the best offer, but you'd be crazy not to trade Capela or any other role player on this team for Anthony Davis if you had the chance.