1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TBJr7, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously. I’m ready to celebrate a Morey contract that is LONG and CHEAP.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

The buy outs usually suck. I don't know why we are so obsessed with having MLE for shitty buy outs. The one time we got lucky was when Josh Smith was stretched.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Wondering what the holdup is here. House and agent want more than what Morey is offering? Hopefully I’m just paranoid and we see a team friendly deal happen here pretty quickly.

don grahamleone likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What was Gary Clark’s contract again? He seemed to have fallen out of the rotation soon after he signed. I doubt there was any regret there because it couldn’t have been for that much money, but what’s guaranteed in that contract?

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

This. Instead, we could sign Joe Johnson again for $1000 and some Whataburger and we'd do just as well.

ElPigto likes this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

House has been performing well, it's possible that they are holding out for a one year deal and risk being a free agent in the coming market. It could also be based on guaranteed money, you know how Morey loves to sneak in any advantage for him in those contracts.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If you are House, you may not want a long term deal......and if your 45 days are up, doesn't the team need to sign or release him all together?

DD

BigShasta likes this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It’s a 3yr minimum deal with next yr 50% guaranteed and last year operates like a Team Option year, exercised on August 1st.

Contract Notes:
    • 2018-19 guaranteed
    • 2019-20 50% guaranteed, incentives TBD for guaranteed
    • 2020-21 non-guaranteed, full if not waived on or before 8/1/20

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't know if he wants a long term deal but as a native Houstonian he sure seems to enjoy being a Rocket. His agent has pretty great leverage though. Our depth will be **** again without him.

10. Game7

Game7 Member

No. He is still on his 2-way deal so he will be a RGV Viper until the end of the season or until he is signed to a new contract.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

No. 2-way contracts are for the full year. They don’t expire with end of 45 days. It means you can still protect the player from poaching and develop them, but without having to use up a main 15-man roster spot.

I totally agree on the long term deal. I’m sure he doesn’t want minimum pay at 3yrs like Clark, or even 2yrs min. This is his payday, as an impactful journeyman who might not get another chance like this at a good contract.

Is he thinking like Jonathon Simmons did, after his impactful moment with the Spurs. I’m sure he feels he’ll get offers above the minimum this Summer.

#311 heypartner, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. BigBum

BigBum Member

Sound right to me. Just need to work on money. If House has top-tier agent, he could get more money.
    There is no chance Morey will sign 1-year deal with him. His value in summer could be as high as 8 million a year.

Hate to say this, Paul and Knight are overpaid, someone has to be underpaid to offset the gap under Tilman.

#312 BigBum, Jan 15, 2019
  13. BigBum

BigBum Member

The question is that "can he sign offer sheet with other team before July 1"?
    If he can, he will return to G League tonight.
    At 4PM EST, nothing is done.

#313 BigBum, Jan 15, 2019
  14. topfive

topfive CF OG

In all fairness, though, after getting cut by Phoenix, then dropped by Houston in training camp, then cut by Golden State, I'm sure House is thrilled just to have a starting gig in the NBA. At this point, he knows what a thin thread that career can hang by for someone who's not a star. Something tells me he'd prefer to stay where he is if he doesn't feel he's being disrespected by Houston's offer, but if he does, he'd be just as happy going somewhere where he feels he's properly valued.

ramotadab, Williamson, biff17 and 2 others like this.
  15. Newlin

Newlin Member

This is going to get real interesting if the Rockets send him down to the Vipers. I could definitely see Morey doing it. Probably wouldn't be popular with the players.

16. alethios

alethios Member

But does he know his rights?

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

House has us over a barrel .

The timing couldn't have worked out better for him ... and granted he's definitely proved his value with his play .

We ARE getting Ennis back , and clark's shot appears to be getting more consistent .... but still you would be foolish to rely only on them. House at the very worst is great bench depth and at best is a potential starting caliber player.

You want to lock him up long and cheap , but you are only gonna get one of those options I think .

bro2044 likes this.
  18. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

We are waiting!

19. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he needs to just take the offer. i'm not sure the players will care too much. they already have their money. He got the chance of lifetime to play alongside james harden. and if he doesn't want the job, there will always be someone else willing to take it. there aren't that many other starting jobs in the NBA where he can just slide right in.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I hope so but I fear that isn't the case. It seems like if it were the case he'd already have a 3 year deal similar to Gary Clark's deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.