1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would we have won world series

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by vonbock, Jan 13, 2019.

1. vonbock

vonbock Member

Just a thought. Would we have won the series if darvish didn't signal his pitches?

2. Stros4me

Stros4me Member

Not to offend, but who cares?

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Who knows (and to quote @Stros4me), who cares? They may have hit even better against him had he not tipped pitches.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Would the Oilers have won the Super Bowl if they didn’t play prevent defense in the second half of the Buffalo game

TMAC3 likes this.
  5. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Would the Rockets have won the championship if the refs didn’t cheat?

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Y'all ignored the most obvious one...

Would the Rockets have won in '94 had Jordan played?

7. astros123

astros123 Member

would the rockets wouldve beat the mavs in game 7 and tmac wouldve finally have a playoff series win?

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who knows. Astros need to prove that that WS wasn't a one time thing. If they are that good, they need to win multiple, but it seems like the Red Sox have taken over as the next AL dynasty.

#8 TheRealist137, Jan 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

now wait just a hoot hollerin hornswagglin tobbaco spittin Tennessee ping-pong ding-dong minute,hooooold your horses partner this good ol boy is bout an inch away from bein madder than 2 wet chickens wrasslin in the texas mudhouse, now I may be busier than a one legged man at a gotdang buttkickin contest but I’d be dumber and useless as a pogo stick in Arizona quicksand if i agreed with this ya city slicker

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Astros don’t need to prove anything. Being in position to win a World Series is the most you can realistically ask for in any given year. We’re about to enter year 3 of being up in that group. There’s a considerable amount of luck that swings things one way or another in baseball which is what makes the playoffs so exciting. It’s literally wide open from an 85 win team to a 110 win team. I’d apreciate the hell out of the one we were able to get and be glad that we’re in the conversation again this year.

There’s under 10 teams with a realistic shot at winning a World Series next year. Astros are in that group. Red Sox are in that group. Calling them or anyone else a future dynasty at this point is a little silly.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If Magic Johnson, Kareem, Larry Bird, Robert Parrish and the 1980s teams never aged would Michael Jordan ever would win a Title the answer is no.

12. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Yes. They only scored 1 run that game. The odds our team scored 2 runs in any given game was very high.

13. Buck Turgidson

Would the Springfield power plant softball team still have won the game if Mr Burns hadn't pinch hit Homer for Darryl Strawberry? I guess we'll never know.

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hahaha, offseason starting to take its toll I see.

Roc Paint likes this.
  15. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

...What does this post even mean? Prove to whom? And why? I need some external cadre of dolts and morons to validate the 2017 championship? What utter nonsense.

I will not feel one single (whatever the smallest measurement known to man is) less about the 2017 Astros if it winds up their only title. In fact, it'll only make it more special. If there's someone that wants to de-legitimize that feeling, they can **** right off to the deepest, darkest regions of Hell.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Pretty sure the only reason they won is because Jordan quit playing baseball.

18. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

Would the Astros have won the world series if Pujols doesn't hit that home run against Lidge?

19. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

You mean had Jordan not been suspended

20. vonbock

vonbock Member

About Jordan not here when rockets won the championships. Everyone forgets that the rockets didn't have to play the sonics those 2 years. The rockets couldn't beat them until they got Barkley. Rockets got lucky that they didn't have to play the sonics and bulls and got easy ride to champiobship