1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets To Sign Danuel House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TBJr7, Nov 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is looking good to me

Rocket River

DaDakota likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Danuel "Brick" House

4. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

Daniel. That's family. He's named after his dad, but my whole life I thought it was spelled Daniel, not Danuel

amaru likes this.
  5. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Watching this guy in video from the Blazers game. Guards Nurkic, boxes him off the boards. Then goes out and smothers Lillard. Doesn't let him shoot, doesn't let him go by, doesn't let him get open. Arguably a more versatile defender than Ennis. Plus the Green-like hustle. Add him to the list of guys we can put on the floor in our switching defense and not get killed.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My house !!!

DD

7. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think he's just as good as ariza, and we got him for the minimum. he may not be as good of a defender, but he's a better offensive player, so its a wash.

8. BigBum

BigBum Member

You guys think House/Clark are as good as Ariza/Moute last season?

No.

The Rockets are still targeting big bum: Bum JR and Bum KCP. These coming bums are replacing Ariza/Moute. House/Clark are not.

9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You da real mvp big bum.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

I love house, always have dating back to his A&M days, but he isn't equal impact to Ariza yet in my opinion. He doesn't bring that same off the court, veteran type leadership as ariza as well as the defense yet.

I want house to stick around, I definitely think he can be a contributor in today's NBA free flowing offense environment. He's athletic, can get hot from deep, can compete on defense hopefully. But I don't think you can compare House to Ariza's experience, toughness, etc. But all in all I do think he's a good fit for the Rockets.

Corrosion, saleem and eman like this.
  11. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

Well the next ten games or so will tell us more, but consider this year his training year, just like Beverley, parsons, Landry, Brooks, etc. He has the potential and seems to hit those corner threes pretty well already. Hes quick enough on defense where doesn't usually get blown by a guy on their first move and he's thick enough to box out decently. I also love his young legs in transition and his ability to put the ball on the floor and drive.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Source: chron.com

Are we really this broke? Hope we can sign him to a 2 year guaranteed with a team option on the second season. If I'm being honest though, if I were in his place I would not lock myself into that second year for the minimum. Let's see how it goes. He's a solid long term bench piece and with the age/salaries of this team we have to place an emphasis on young, cheap, quality depth. With Clark, House and Hartenstein we're on the right track for the near future.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Lock the kid up, Morey.

saleem and bballjunkie like this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If the Rockets send House to the D-league it will be the first time I am on the Tilman is a problem bandwagon.

Absolutely no f**king way he should be out of our rotation any time soon.

Bo6, Rocket River, jboslett and 3 others like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

That would be absolutely asanine if we insert Ennis back into to the starting position and pull House completely out of the rotation just because the Tilman is being cheap. I'm sure he will get his contract, but rockets do operate weirdly at times.

Rocket River likes this.
  16. marky :)

marky :) Member

That would be ridiculous if we send him back to the G-league. He also seems to have a good relationship and chemistry with Harden and the others and would be such a waste to not further develop that chemistry.

saleem likes this.
  17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

.........is this a rumor? Is this really something being considered?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's not even a rumor. Just an option. They CAN send him to the G League, but there's been no indication at all that they will.

#199 topfive, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    J Sizzle likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll be stunned if they don't sign House to a contract. I can't imagine Morey doing it.

topfive likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.