1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is, in hindsight, your worst basketball opinion ever?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I have so, so many to choose from. I'm wrong a lot. But the one I am happiest to be wrong about is James Harden. When he was in OKC, I'd hear people like JVG just gush over him, and I'd shake my head in disbelief. I just didn't see anything "special" about him. I remember feeling indifferent about the trade. About 4 years ago, I referred to him as a glorified Stevie Franchise.
    Yeah...

2. Handles

Handles Member

I thought Ty Lawson was going to be a top guard when we picked him up.

I was also so confident with melo this offseason that I put $100 on us to win the championship. That bet is still TBD, but melo sure isn’t going to be a part of that.

apollo33 likes this.
  3. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

I thought Marcus Morris would be just like Paul Pierce.

Given some time he has become a decent player but he's no Paul Pierce lol

4. Artie_Fufkin

Artie_Fufkin Member

I was super excited about picking up Gawen DeAngelo Wells.

Patience and tycoonchip like this.
  5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, he had a big game to help us break a 10 year, 17 game losing streak in San Antonio. That was BIG!

And it was a Red Rowdies road trip game!!!

6. YallMean

YallMean Member

DMO is the next Yao or Dirk

Freaking all he needed was a better agent. Man, one wrong move - NBA and CBA.

7. fattz

fattz Member

This year... Bruno Caboclo
    Last year ... Cam Oliver
    The list goes on and on, if they are in the g league / Summer league with a skill set we could use than they are our X factor, IMO. The g league is our answer because is like the dollar store most of it unexceptional but every so often there is a real gem. One can save a lot of money there => The Rockets need to shop a place like this because we are cap poor.

Amile Jefferson (rebounding glue guy at the 4) will fix a lot of our needs; Clark just needs playing time but Jefferson is better overall player, IMO.

D-rock likes this.
  8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I remember getting banned for hating McHale. I do have to admit that I hated James Harden because he always talked a bunch of noise like he was hard and didn't do anything when Artest knocked him out. When he came to H-Town he became my favorite player since the Dream after his first game.

9. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

:(

10. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I remember getting banned for hating McHale. I do have to admit that I hated James Harden because he always talked a bunch of noise like he was hard and didn't do anything when Artest knocked him out. When he came to H-Town he became my favorite player since the Dream after his first game. My worst opinion is we should have hired Van Gundy because Pringles offense sucked in todays NBA

11. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

:(
    Man. You didn't ask for this story, but here goes. I have been a Rockets fan since 1983 when my dad took me to a preseason game. I liked them when they were up or down. There was only one period where I literally stopped watching or following them and that is when they traded for Barkley. Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of Barley, but I couldn't understand how you could trade Horry and Cassel for him. I was super bumbed and boycotted the team. It lasted until Barkley was done.

12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

I was all in on KJ McDizzle. The dunks did it

13. seeingred

seeingred Member

This is like confession. Ok:

When Ty Lawson struggled here, I blamed Harden. Something like "do we really think Ty Lawson forgot how to play basketball over the summer?" LOL

That Ryno's contract wouldn't effect us because he'd shoot 40% from 3 and the salary cap would keep going up.

That D'Antoni would ruin this team by not holding Harden accountable.

That Terence Williams just needed more minutes.

arabrocket likes this.
  14. seeingred

seeingred Member

This is like confession. Ok:

When Ty Lawson struggled here, I blamed Harden. Something like "do we really think Ty Lawson forgot how to play basketball over the summer?" LOL

That Ryno's contract wouldn't effect us because he'd shoot 40% from 3 and the salary cap would keep going up.

That D'Antoni would ruin this team by not holding Harden accountable.

That Terence Williams just needed more minutes.

15. PeppermintCandy

I really liked Harden, but I thought he'd be like a Shane Battier type with better offense. LOL
    And because of that, I thought the Rockets overpaid to get him.

Also, I really thought Greg Monroe could be a key piece to these Rockets. (A big man with passing skills and a not bad shooting touch and rebounding skills.)
    Of course, the jury's still out on that one. :)

16. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I thought TY was going to put the Rockets over the hump .

I thought D12 and Harden were going to be unstoppable

Boy was I wrong . Lol

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Oh I also thought Dmo was a future 15 and 8 player...

18. Akim523

Akim523 Member

I thought CBud was better than Westbrooke.

Oh boy.

19. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I thought Royce White was the "point-forward" we needed going forward. Oops.

D-rock likes this.
  20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I wanted us to trade down and draft Caron Butler.

Pretty sure a couple years ago I suggested some sort of a Capela for Jabari Parker swap.

Like most, thought Ty Lawson was going to an epic addition.

Thought Mike James in his second stint was going to be Jason Terry like as a Sixth Man.