1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steph Curry upset he got called for a travel, puts “13” over his number to the ref

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jan 6, 2019.

1. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Clutch came in with the heat today

Killatron 2000 and RyanB like this.
  2. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

It’s Monday. Interesting to see what the talking heads have to say about this. I hope they get the narrative right and don’t look at Curry as a hero for “exposing the Harden problem” to the refs. I hope they show that what Harden does is not a travel (95% of the time).

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

It probably won’t be talked about. To be fair it has a lot to do with he fact that everyone will be talking football

BeBreezy likes this.
  4. Mr. Space City

james harden has really exposed how the avergae nba fan is a complete idiot.

5. Mr. Space City

dumbass nba fan: james harden's stepback is a travel!

refs: sorry, naw it's a completely legal move by the rulebook. here's a detailed explanation on why it's legal.

dumbass nba fan: who cares about the rules? it's a travel TO ME

6. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Is it just me or does it seem like Stephs response with hand sign was prepared in advance in case he gets a traveling call. To me, this was not a natural reaction.

slothy420, Richie_Rich, Sajan and 8 others like this.
  7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Like Kerr "accidently" tweeted about Harden's side step three against the Spurs last season?

Riz, slothy420, Richie_Rich and 10 others like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Oh snap! Shots returned to sender!

jcf, Tfor3 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Dumbass NBA fans need to be reminded that DETAILS MATTER - like when the gather happens. It's literally the difference between Curry getting called for the travel and Harden hitting game winners in fool's faces.

Sajan, RyanB and Mr. Space City like this.
  10. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Jalen Rose calls foul on Steph Curry & James Harden's stepback 3s | Jalen & Jacoby

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

Hahahaha "can't wait to see the next Rockets game." Please. Harden's not even thinking about Curry. :D

The only Steph move Harden will be mimicking is back-to-back MVP. Thank you, next.

12. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Rose stays dumb. Never been the same mentally after Kobe stole his soul.

BeBreezy and Rocket River like this.
  13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

“Warriors won a home game...they hosted the kings” ummmmmm no. The game was played in Sacramento.

Rocket River and Handles like this.
  14. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

That’s exactly what I was talking about. Fans are already yelling travel. Now you add current players, former players, and media personalities also saying that they should start calling Harden’s move a travel as well. I’m worried they will again change the rules to try and stop him.

I know people will say “well he will just invent something new” which is fine for next season, but I don’t want anything disrupting the rhythm we have going this season.

adw likes this.
  15. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Jalen Rose is a weak mental midget. Last week he was calling him the most unique NBA scorer thats ever played. Soon after and go look at his mentions on twitter ( dumb ass NBA twitter fans) start tweeting him that he travels all the time. Then Steph does that bs and combined with the force of dumb fans tweeting at him about Harden after the win at GS ( and despite it not being a damn travel according to refs and the rule book) he now says Harden travels all the time lol

Richie_Rich likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

i knew this would happen after harden got away with the 1 egregious travel in that utah game.

now everybody acts like that is a representation of every step back he's ever done.

harden as a rockets has got away with maybe 2-3 travels on the stepback in his entire career. the one vs. utah, one vs. minnesota last year and maybe the one vs. the clippers last year.

notice how those are the only ones these dumbass fans rotate over and over to show his travels. if he travels every game then you should have hundreds of examples of his "travels".

if he travels every game why didn't they show his "travels" in the warriors game?

why wasn't it a problem when he was doing that same stepback over kawhi to send the thunder to the nba finals 7 years ago?

#196 Mr. Space City, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    Reeko, heypartner and adw like this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

Definitely. One wonders if he had some sort of thing rehearsed if he'd NOT gotten called. As for why he wasn't T-ed up, I wouldn't be surprised if the refs were bewildered by what the guy was even doing. Love watching Harden bring out the true ugly, bizarre side of the media's perfect little angels.

Riz and BeBreezy like this.
  18. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

He's not very smart. He put up 31, not 13 on his jersey.

BeBreezy likes this.
  19. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

And I hope Harden continues to bring the salt out of 'em.

This is honestly some childish ish. He's like that kid in class who gets called out by the teacher for talking, then asks the teacher why she didn't call out Jimmy when he was talking way more than he was, lol.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Clearly , he didn't do it correctly . He doesn't have the ability to push off the lead leg and drive himself far back enough to create space, so he took the extra step because he likely realized mid-move that it wasn't going to be enough.

Harden has been perfecting it for years , so Curry needs to quit crying and put in some work. Really weak move on his part to bring Harden into it during a game.

RiceRockets likes this.