1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

House vs Ennis debate: Did Ennis lose his job?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Dec 26, 2018.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Ennis maybe an end of the bench type of guy
    I think Clark has room to grow more than Ennis

Rocket River

Bo6 and napalm06 like this.
  2. H-town Ballistics

Couldn't have said it any better!

3. Sen89

Sen89 Member

Agreed. As much as I've been happy with House's play, you can never have enough quality 2-way wing-forward types in today's game, and we had a huge void in that area coming into this year after Ariza/LMAM left.

Not to mention our team might need low-USG 3/D wing-forward types more than anyone, based on our style of play on both ends (spread the floor on O for Harden/Paul; switch-heavy on D).

House's emergence as a solid 2-way player has helped a ton, but if we want to be a legitimate threat like we were last year, having a legit SF (an O.Porter type?) would not only fortify our starting group, but it would improve our bench with House giving us a versatile 2-way guy off the bench at that wing-forward spot. Ennis is a bit too erratic and unpolished to rely on for more than spot minutes in big games (which is how I felt about Brewer when he was here).

jojolover and xaos like this.
  4. fattz

fattz Member

In Warriors after game interview Harden said House’s name 2 or 3 times and talked about team development. Harden obviously likes him so he is our starter.

saleem likes this.
  5. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Yes and No.

But, locker room mentioned that certain guys have been practicing on the drive towards the rack versus the shot. Ennis is better going to the basket and getting fouled or hitting the layup. His shot is too shaky and unorthodox right now.

6. Granville

Granville Member

House has performed better than Ennis has this year. I'd place our bets with House.

bro2044 likes this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ennis should not be given more than 5 minutes he is not good enough to be a starter. I have said this all season and was getting flamed for it. We are taking off after not playing the scrubs from the beginning of the season as much. We still need another star but with Paul and Gordon back and low/no minutes for the scrubs (Ennis MCW Hartenstein.. and to a lessor extent and more because he's a rookie not a scrub.. Clark) my hope is that we return to last seasons form. We dont want to mess this up. Im hoping MDA realizes Ennis not a good fit and is a backup plan for injuries or a garbage minutes type of guy from here on out.

varughese.arun likes this.
  8. varughese.arun

ENNIS ****ING SUCKS!
    I can't believe Morey thought he would be able to replace Ariza! This guy was sold HIGH by Miami. At his best, he is a bench warmer. The more time he gets on the floor, the more his sub-par abilities are highlighted.

WE NEED Bruno Caboclo

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

There was nothing wrong with giving Ennis an opportunity at the minimum. I think he’s good to have for spot minutes or if someone goes down with injury. Let’s not forget that he’s just back from an injury himself.

House has outplayed Ennis and to me is without question ahead of Ennis in the rotation.

I also like that House is putting in extra work with Harden to improve. It shows on the court.

10. varughese.arun

ENNIS ****ING SUCKS!
    I can't believe Morey thought he would be able to replace Ariza! This guy was sold HIGH by Miami. At his best, he is a bench warmer. The more time he gets on the floor, the more his sub-par abilities are highlighted.

WE NEED Bruno Caboclo

11. varughese.arun

Valid point... I just don't understand why CABOCLO is still in the G-league while Ennis still gets solid Playing time.
    I think Cabocolo is versatile enough to play both the Small Forward or PF/ C.

12. varughese.arun

Valid point... I just don't understand why CABOCLO is still in the G-league while Ennis still gets solid Playing time.
    I think Cabocolo is versatile enough to play both the Small Forward or PF/ C.

13. mikol13

Supporting Member

Did you watch Caboclo while he was playing with the Rockets? Really looked out of place and just not ready to contribute on a team trying to win a title.

His measurables are terrific and the potential is there no doubt. I just don’t think he’s ready. His improved 3pt % is a positive and warrants praise. The question is, can he do it in the NBA and consistently? Can he defend at this level? I say right now no, but that is just one mans opinion.

varughese.arun and biff17 like this.
  14. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Ennis is not starting material, is horribly inconsistent, and nothing he has shown this year supports otherwise. Belief in potential only goes so far, and House has stepped up. Ennis isnt on the level of MCW suckage, and could compete for some minutes, but overall he has done very little to earn time on the court for this team.

15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I’m not a fan of players losing their jobs due to injury; but the numbers/stats probably say yes.
    per basketball-reference.com (splits)

Player/month....FG%......3P%........TS%........ORtg........DRtg........Pts........Rebs
    Oct

House (0 gms):...——.......——.........——............——.........——........——.......——
    Ennis (3 gms):....36.8%.....42.9%......52.6%.........113..........120..........6.7..........3.0

Nov
    House (3 gms): ...40.9%.....26.7%.....56.8%..........128.........130..........10.0........4.3
    Ennis (15 gms): ..51.1%.....37.3%.....62.9%...........120.........117...........8.8.........2.6

Dec
    House (15 gms): ...48.8%....37.7%.....64.4%...........122.........111...........8.0.........3.1
    Ennis (5 gms): ......50.0%.....26..7%....61.9%...........119.........111...........6.6.........4.4

Jan
    House (1 gm): ........60.0%.....66.7%......94.9%...........182.......126..........17.0.......4.0
    Ennis (1 gm): ..........50.0%.......0%.........39.9%............118.......128...........3.0........2.0

House apparently did good against the champs (GSW). I said when he got cut in the off-season that House was capable
    of going for 20 points in any playoff series in any one particular game.....well 17 pts vs
    GSW’s has me feeling good about his chances of getting us 20 points in the playoffs vs the Warriors.

But I like Ennis enough to play backup. I’m not sure if the Rockets can trade for better. Do it if you can Morey.

Ennis May have been Wally Pipp’d

#115 ApacheWarrior, Jan 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes Ennis lost his job House is better.

DD

mikol13 likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We thought we were getting Ariza, but we got Corey Brewer.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]... on the bench and get a real starting wing?

19. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yep. Plain and simple.

20. mikeshinoda

mikeshinoda Member

Ennis sometimes reminds me of Corey Brewer.