1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fake news - the liberals are unhinged and out of control

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I bet you were a big supporter right up until that moment, huh?

Its a shame your going to have to toss the mountains of Rashida Tlaib swag you have doubtless been wearing all around town.

It's always disillusioning when your personal heroes turn out to be only human. Much sympathy for your loss, bigtexxx.

#181 Ottomaton, Jan 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Your and you’re. Please learn the difference.

TIA

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It is oddly reassuring to me that you are exactly the same person you were fifteen years ago.

Invisible Fan and vlaurelio like this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

I certainly regret voting for her.

Ouch.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

So... are you against politicians cursing?

Would calling people mother ****er be an example of someone being a bad Christian and Muslim? Should this be unacceptable for politicians?

I personally think it’s unacceptable behavior from politicians to an extent, do you?

On the other hand, I could care less how it reflects on their religion, they can take that up with their church or whoever.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Politico piece on Democrats' reactions to Tlaib's motherfukker speech

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/04/dems-livid-tlaib-impeachment-comment-1081370

Dems livid after Tlaib vows to ‘impeach the motherf—er’

Party leaders fear such explosive talk only gives ammunition to the GOP.
    By RACHAEL BADE, HEATHER CAYGLE and JOHN BRESNAHAN
    01/04/2019 12:12 PM EST
    Updated 01/04/2019 04:16 PM EST

House Democrats are furious that an incoming freshman’s expletive-riddled statement about impeaching Donald Trump has suddenly upended their carefully crafted rhetoric on their plans to take on the president.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other top Democrats have long argued that impeachment is a last resort that would come at the end of exhaustive oversight and investigations. But on the second day of the new Congress, the news was jammed with talk of Rep. Rashida Tlaib of Michigan, who told a crowd of progressive activists Thursday night that “we’re gonna impeach the motherf---er.”

Rank-and-file Democrats, immediately fearful of the damage the comment could cause, unloaded on their new colleague Friday morning. Republicans, they argued, would hold it up as proof that Democrats are playing politics rather than pursuing genuine oversight of the president — even if the GOP never showed interest in investigating Trump scandals while it was in power.

“Mueller hasn’t even produced his report yet!” said Rep. Ron Kind (D-Wis.), referring to special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia probe. “People should cool their jets a little bit, let the prosecutors do their job and finish the investigation.”

“Inappropriate,” added Rep. Jim Costa (D-Calif.). “As elected officials I think we should be expected to set a high bar… It’s not helpful.”

Even Rep. Brad Sherman (D-Calif.), who introduced an impeachment resolution earlier this week, was shocked. His eyes bulged in disbelief when a reporter read him Tlaib’s comments and he was speechless for several seconds.

After he regained his composure, Sherman said that kind of language is detrimental to the cause: “That’s not language I would use … I think the office of the presidency should be treated with respect.”
    more at the link

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  7. Granville

Granville Member

Calling someone an mf'er in front of their own kid is indicative of a low class person.

Severe Rockets Fan and mick fry like this.
  8. mick fry

mick fry Member

What? A politician (a woman no less) using the term MFer is certainly very tasteless but what is worse is she said this to her son. If you don’t see a problem with her behavior then you lack morality as well but that’s to be expected of the left.

Severe Rockets Fan likes this.
  9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I have to agree with the snowflake trumpards on this one

Trump is more of a Daughter ****er

biff17 and B-ball freak like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

We need everyone in politics to be more civil, this lady is no exception. No matter how much of a complete [bleepingly bleeeep bleeping bleep] the President continues to be, everyone else in Washington should try to set a better example.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

12. adoo

adoo Member

they should be.

Pelosi called the comment offensive, and added that
    it is not as offensive as the dotard's comment about the American patriot, , John McCain.

i don't recall any Rep calling out the dotard on that offensive comment about a Republican war hero

13. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Rashmon and Buck Turgidson like this.
  15. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Depends on the age of the kid, but for the most part probably.

Who said I didn't see a problem with it?

If you look exactly 3 posts up from your reply, you'll see that I said "I personally think it’s unacceptable behavior from politicians to an extent"

I was asking what you and big tex thought of it, and It seems you both agree, that cussing from politicians is something you guys deem bad correct?

So In the context of you thinking cussing is poor behavior from a politician, what I'm confused on is why exactly are your making this about party affiliation and using the terms "the left" and "yall must be so proud" when this is clearly an issue for both sides, right?

I mean... you REALLY don't have to look far to see a highly prestigious figure of the Republican party cussing up a storm, right?

Therefore the framing of "the left must be so proud", "The democrats just humiliate themselves" and ""expected of the leftt" is damn silly and disingenuous

16. Buck Turgidson

"Kerfuffle"? Fake News dummies misspelled "covfefe".

Ottomaton likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mother fukking trumpard hypocrites in here

ThatBoyNick and adoo like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

What's the problem? She speaks the truth and offers our best course forward. She also expresses the wish of most non-dotard supporters and describes our president perfectly. Kudos.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is just her locker room talk, no big deal GOPshites.

DD