1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Ennis be fit to start after his return from injury?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 疯狂伊文戴德蒙, Dec 29, 2018.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

I'd like to see the rankings for the following players.
    House
    Ennis
    Clark
    Green

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

I think a bench role makes more sense for him. He can play with the reckless abandon that he prefers w/o worrying about picking up too many fouls. Being a stabilizing force for the defense like Ariza just doesn't fit his style of play. House has done a much better job of just being steady, playing hard defense, and helping with rebounds, and hitting some 3s, which is what we need.

3. YaoMingsSoulja

I honestly completely forgot about james ennis during this winning streak. We need rebounding a spot up three point shooter who can make a move on a catch a dribble and we definitely need rebounding. Does ennis do any of these things? I honestly cant say that he does. House has been great in the starting lineup but how much of this winning streak is due to james hardens greatness?

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

All of it is due to Harden and avoiding Capela switching onto the perimeter as much.

chadyang and DreamShook like this.
  5. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

No! The guy provides nothing better than what's being put out on the floor atm.

And a No to him getting any real play time.

6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Leave him to come off the bench with Rivers. Having another player available is a good problem.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

House is playing too much for a wing who can't shoot. Green should not be playing at all. We still don't have any semblance of a backup PF. Ennis shoots 36% and plays - at worst - average defense. As long as this is the roster, Ennis will have a place.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He fouls way too much, it's actually quite important to not pick up so many fouls, it can slow down your momentum.

He needs to play better positional defense and not be so reckless. Also Ennis seems to get lost on switches more than House

DreamShook likes this.
  9. Fuzzybear

Fuzzybear Contributing Member

I agree. Sometimes a guy looks the part, but can't play the part. There really isn't any reason Ennis shouldn't be able to take advantage of the golden opportunity in front of him, but sometimes "He looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane". The main problem is his anticipation and overall awareness is just really really bad. I remember whenever I play 2k, a players rating generally gets most affected by his offensive and defensive awareness. Ennis just doesn't have it. I guess the hope would be that he figures it out over the course of the season, but we really don't have the luxury of time. Ennis just looks out of place on the court. It's really a shame too, because if anything we need more serviceable bodies to eat minutes. House is awesome for what he is. Miles better than Ennis in terms of just knowing how to play. At the same time, yes we need someone else to guard Durant, Lebron etc. I'm not sure that Bazemore is actually that much better at this role for us. James Johnson would've been perfect but he is coming back from injury. Carroll is awesome but he's an expiring and its unlikely they'll take Knight for him. I don't see anyone else on the horizon that makes any sense. Fingers crossed that Morey has something in mind.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

Team is rolling so Ennis should come off the bench and House knows his role and plays it effectively.
    Rivers, Green and Ennis off the bench with the Brazilian hammer......

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Right now starters should be Harden EG House

When Cp3 comes back it should be Cp3 Harden EG

Ennis is pefect as part of the bench he is like a more consistent Green so the bench can be House, Ennis, Green and Nene with Cp3, Harden and EG staggering their mins.

Don't mess with the lineup it is working.

Edit: I forgot Rivers so I guess either Green or Ennis will have to take turns sitting out of the rotation.

DreamShook and snowconeman22 like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Man, before he got hurt and EGO was inserted into the starting lineup, Ennis was playing well as a bench player. Ennis coming back off the bench will make the Rockets even stronger.

His frenetic gambling style just didn't fit in the starting lineup alongside Harden. There was no one to back Ennis up after he reached and failed. Harden is not getting back because he conserving energy and CP3 is not getting back because he's old. Also, his foul rate is ridiculous so he can't play starter minutes.

News Flash: House is not a starting caliber player either, he just stays in his lane when playing along side Harden. I feel like House plays differently when he is playing with the bench He plays more aggressively.

Ennis, Green(or)House, Rivers, EGo and Nene is going to be a good energy bench.. Ennis' frenetic style is perfect with the other energy guys.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

hope we trade dude... i hate his game.. he isnt good.

14. 疯狂伊文戴德蒙

bro,Austin's perfect position is a PG/SG,better for PG

SF position, he can withstand a short time, if he as a regular SF rotation, his performance will be catastrophic level.

15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We may give some minutes to gary clark for the Gordon injuries at this moment. Otherwise, it requires to sign another shooters who can score around 10 points in each match to Houston

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

We may give some minutes to gary clark for the Gordon injuries at this moment. Otherwise, it requires to sign another shooters who can score around 10 points in each match to Houston

17. delta69er

delta69er Member

Now Ennis can do what he's meant to do in the NBA: be an energy guy off the bench.

18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The way House played last night (vs Pels) Ennis can come off the bench. Although Ennis looked like he
    was catching on in his last 3 games prior to injury.

Might be time to increase the rotation to 10 when healthy and reduce Harden/CP3 minutes.
    (1)Harden(2)CP3(3)Capela(4)Tucker(5)House(6)Gordon(7)Rivers(8)Ennis(9)Nene(10)GGreen

Must be healthy by end of season and I’m a believer in logging in less minutes gets it done. Lower the miles
    on the tires for key vehicles (Gordon/Harden/CP3/Nene/Tucker.....and now Ennis who already had a bad injury which might turn into a nagging injury throughout the season if not monitored).

#38 ApacheWarrior, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018