1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Only one person to blame

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheSource, Nov 26, 2018.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

We are gonna be fine. Still have Harden and enough time left in the season for Morey to make a move. It's not like CP3 pulled his hammy in game 7 of the WCF. That would be tragic.

napalm06 likes this.
  2. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

so you think having chris paul for 80% of games is worse than having nobody. ok, you're a genius, LOLOLOLOLOL

seriously though, how are you so stupid? first, you don't understand that bird rights is what allowed us to retain him in the first place, for some reason you think my argument is that this has something to do with us having his bird rights now? LUL. we would have had 4 million in cap space if we had gotten rid of paul. please explain to me how you could be dumb enough to believe that 4 million in cap space is worth anything at all. oh wait i forgot you are so concerned with tilman's wallet that the most important thing isn't even the team but how much he spends.

LOLOLOLOL you are too old, time to stop posting on here

3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

You make me laugh! Good luck with your 160 M ex-player! "Having chris paul for 80% of games"? You are too innocent. Really, you make me laugh!
    Good luck!

4. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

When this season is over, Harden will request the team to trade him

GotGame15 likes this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Paul contract supposed to be $90 million (whatever arrangement)
    30 million this year
    25M (use MLE)
    20M (use Cap space to sign a free agent)
    15M

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You know for the first time since he got here, the past few weeks I’ve had this nasty feeling in my gut that it could actually happen if this year continues the way it’s gone. And I’m not sure I’d blame him too much. It’s pretty much 1 on 5 most nights especially when CP3 is not healthy.

If he stays through this mess and keeps loyal for the rest of his career he deserves a monument right next to Hakeems.

bmelo likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just clicked on this thread for the first time. is this a good thread? asking for a friend. :rolleyes:

8. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Let’s see.

After winning 65 games and pushing a dynasty to the edge:

Choice number 1. Let Paul walk. Have about 10 million to spend on a role player as we would not be getting a star and with this decision you piss off your suspetstar because Paul actually helped take some of the pressure and play making off of Harden.

Choice number 2. Nut up and max Paul. Hope that 2 of those 4 years he is still playing at a high level and then hope for those next two years his game aged well and we were competitive.

Choice number 3. THERE WASN’T ONE. The president of the NBAPA was not going to give a discount.

So, professor, what exactly would you have done since you believe you can wear Morey’s jock strap better than he can.

Morey had a sh*t offseason. No question there. Resigning Paul was not part of it. No one here could have predicted this level of drop off. Injuries, yes, but not the drop off. If Morey had a crystal ball and would have seen this level of drop he would have never traded for the player. I bet my left one that Morey thought he would have 3 good contending years with the Paul\harden back court. Then two where Paul declined but we still competed and who knows.

Where I am frustrated with Morey is the bag of trash he signed thinking he could get value contracts. MCW? Ennis? Green? Eesh. 13-15 on a rebuilding team at best.

Richie_Rich likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

I'm surprised there hasn't been a sense of urgency to bring in reinforcements this season, especially how it's going so far. Morey sleeping behind the wheel or handcuffed by Tillman?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

the latter likely

11. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey keeps getting worse and worse. Now we talking about a 1st round pick and Knight for Jeremy Lin.

12. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

who is paying the 160, kid? the way you b**** it sounds like it's you paying :D

sirbaihu likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am not surprised morey is calm and does not overreact to the shorterm woes, thats why he is the best

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun think it is wise. Rockets would have the freedom to trade him anywhere they want. Suns? Wizards?

Unless he has a trade kicker of sort. Even if he somehow got on a contender, the new team has to adjust.

I would give him a bust but no statue, IMO give it to a 2 way player.

15. dobro1229

If that was even the case now (I think that’s premature) the Rockets wouid let the market build up over time to prepare offers for Harden to maximize his value back to the Rockets.

If Harden was even going to be on the market everyone would know it for about 6 months. Regardless... no way they’d even think about it yet. I’ve just had this feeling in my gut that if this continues, it could be coming sooner than we think.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Any player demanding to be traded either goes to the Pels for Anthony Davis or into some dumpster in the east. I dare anyone to demand a trade!

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. dobro1229

Just to be clear, Morey sells off his right arm before he trades Harden, but if it ever came to that, this team is going into full tank rebuild anyways so it doesn’t really matter. He would probably demand LA anyways and the Clips are the type of team that would do a Brooklyn Nets type of sell the farm type of deal.

If that day ever comes, and I hope it never does, Harden deserves to go where he’s wanted the most which is who will pay the most to help this team rebuild the quickest.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

My friend, paying more for a Chris Paul memory than what others are paying for LeBron, Kevin or Stephen is something that should concern us all ...
    Have a nice Sunday!

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

What time of the year is it: December
    What is the Rockets' outlook: Concerning
    What site is this: Clutchfans

Will any threads be good: Unlikely

Os Trigonum likes this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tilman allegedly told Morey to offer 4 1st round picks plus others for Jimmy Butler. Our trade assets apart from Gordon and Capela are zero not including Tuck. No one wants to give an all star to match up with Harden.

I think that is the bottom line.