1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which team has better offer for Anthony Davis, Celtics or Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Dec 19, 2018.

?

Which team has better offer for Anthony Davis?

1. Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Robert Williams, 3 picks from Kings,Grizzlies, Clippers

34 vote(s)
    82.9%
  2. Kyle Kuzma, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart and Lonzo Ball

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  1. BigBum

BigBum Member

Trading Tatum is a tough pill for Celtics to swallow. If Tatum is in the deal, Celtics won't be able to manage the salary cap. Maybe they can dump Al Horford 30 million expiring contract. I think Celtics would trade Irving instead of Tatum. Rozier has a new contract next summer.
    If Lakers trade all 4 young players for Davis, they would have big depth issues.

#1 BigBum, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Don't trade ad.

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Celtics and it isn't even close.

4. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

Celtics for sure... just with Tatum in the deal will crush anything lakers offer

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

Yea Chris Broussard said Kuzma, Ingram, and Hart (or Ball) is a better package than Tatum, Brown, and Rozier. Is needs to stay off the WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDa

s3ts likes this.
  6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Celtics and it's not even close if they trade Tatum, otherwise not sure tbh, i don't really love the Lakers players but they're all young and good, obviosuly better than Brown, Rozier and Smart in terms of assets, they have more upside, they're younger, with better contracts...the Grizzlies and Kings picks are not looking as good as expected as today too so, i don't really know, Lakers pick is basicaly the same as the Grizzlies pick, the Kings will be in the lottery but probably around the 8/10th spot so, not exactly great. For me though:

Tatum, Kings pick, Grizzlies pick > Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Lakers pick

Brown, Rozier, Smart, Kings pick, Grizzlies pick < Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Lakers pick

So, if Ainge goes all in he has the best package, if he wants to keep Tatum then i'm not sure, cause at that point each team can start throwing in more future picks, other young players etc...i guess it depends on how much Demps & co. like each of these players, if they really like Ball or Brown (let's say) they would probably take the deal which includes a specific player.

7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Celtics would have 4 big contracts if dealing Tatum.
    Al Horford + Hayward + Irving + Davis = luxury tax threshold

other 11 players are all taxable.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

What about the Hawks?

Bazemore, Dedmon, John Collins, Hawks 2019 first, Mavs 2019 first

I don't know particularly why AD would resign there, especially considering keeping Collins to put next to AD would/should be a priority, but just throwing that out there.

They would have a TON of cap space, to even sign 2 max guys I believe. Trade for AD. Sign Tobias Harris and KD (lol). Maybe! ... not

9. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I agree. Its like u get good players n high draft picks plus u trade him east. Its win win win for new orleans

10. Rocket PR

Rocket PR Member

I think Celtics, but contrary what ppl beleves i do think we can compete if we offer anyone not name Harden at first with 4 first rounds or adding Harden if they don't like a our other assets. I love Harden and ill do anything to pair him with AD but if they want a Harden AD swap i will do it for the sake of the franchise.

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

N on another point ad proves my point that bigs just cant be ur guy in todays nba. I liken it to jj watt on the texans. This guy was as much of a game wrecker as humanly possible n still the texans werent going anywhere without a qb. No matter how many times they tell me ad is so great he just cant win enough. I love ad. But ill rather have a elite ball small then a elite big. Unless ur shaq level dominance

12. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Capela, EG and 4 first round picks better than both

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

because AD has done a great job dragging his teams through the playoffs??

in a vacuum, AD is the better player, and younger.

but in today's NBA, Harden is better, because you can cover his defensive issues and he's a one man offense, that's a guard with the ball in his hands, which means you can surround him with some scrubs and at least make the playoffs.

The Pelicans aren't loaded... but they have interesting talent around AD. Pelicans are 15-12 in games he played this season. That he doesn't play every game and is somewhat injury prone is of note.

I'm not even the biggest Harden fan on this site. I just think sooner or later someone will have to say AD - great skills, talent, can put up monster numbers at times, and hasn't been surrounded with GSW level talent.... but also doesn't impact W/L on a team quite the way some of the other first tier superstars might.

mike2k132 likes this.
  14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

But thats going backwards harden does more with less talent then ad could. He a big. If its a either or im taking james

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Stole me words. Awesome take

16. BigBum

BigBum Member

Celtics can do the trade like this: Horford, Brown, Morris and 3 picks for Davis and Solomon Hill. Pelicans can easily make the playoffs.
    Lakers are not going to take Hill contract. They are OUT.
    Celtics still have 4 First Round Rookie contracts after the deal.

17. JusBleezy

JusBleezy Contributing Member

This! I don't know why this hasn't been discussed more.... or at all really.

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

I think no one can trade Davis this season because of Rose rule. Morey wants to unload Knight contract. It has to be Knight contract instead of Gordon.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Seriously. . . . . I would take the Celtics easily

Rocket River

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

In a heart beat

Rocket River