1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(TMZ) John Salley implies Carmelo to Lakers done deal?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 17, 2018.

1. juanm34

juanm34 Member

But Melons is a future HOF....

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

No question (if you're talking about Zubac/Lance), but i don't think they'll give up a 2nd rounder for Melo, they know we have to move him one way or another so, we either move him for the worst asset they have or they'll probably wait until we cut him.

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

Melons > Melo

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Havvvvvve you met GM Lebron?

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Even a heavily protected 2nd will do. There's always a chance we luck up and meet the criteria (whatever it may be set at) to cash in that pick on said year.

I don't think we cut him unless there's some reason to clear up a roster spot for an imbalanced trade of incoming players. Just let him rot till we got some sort of worth out of him.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah and the league has seen how bad melo is for years now. if LA is really going to get him for whatever reason, they'll just pick him up for free after he gets waived

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree also cause we would pay to cut him, it's not a good outcome for us, but other teams knows this too so...i really hope Lebron pushes hard for this, if that happens maybe we will be able to steal a 2nd rounder here, but personally, i wouldn't get my hopes up.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

I'm not waiving Melo at all. He's costing the team money in tax waived or not. Lakers either give up a non guaranteed salary, euro stash player or protected second or no deal.

Shark44 likes this.
  9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Agreed. I don't see us acting out of desperation all of a sudden with Melo.

The Jimmy Butler proposal was different... this guy (obviously) ain't no Jimmy Butler.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

they will eventually when they finally realize teams won't be giving anything of value. especially since hes a waste of a spot if not. lakers are a terrible fit for melo. good luck getting anything from them

11. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

What really chafes me is that with the money we spent on Melo, we could have paid Luc Mbah a Moute to miss all but four games of the season.

kjayp, Remlap, smp and 4 others like this.
  12. REEKO_HTOWN

We have 2 months to try. No sweat off the Rockets back just sitting back.

13. tc0330

tc0330 Member

chafing is the worst. thank god for gold bond

FLASH21 likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Right?!! That stuff is awesome! I'm not even fat but when I started getting chafing on my thighs.....uh, I found Gold Bond, hit F5 on the computer, and Melo was still a Rocket.

tc0330 likes this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The chafing comes from the media (aka Chris Webber) brings it up every time we are mentioned as if he would have made much of a difference to our record to start this season.

Ariza? Perhaps.
    LMAM. Not much, if anything at all.

#55 FLASH21, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  16. tharges

tharges Member

Knight/Melo for Pope/Beasley? Salaries match and Beasley not even in the rotation

17. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Bingo! We have a winner. If we were waiving Melo, that would have happened some time ago.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. melo didn't become eligible to be traded until dec 15. obviously the rockets, a team who tries to get whatever value they can out of basically everything, are going to try and explore every single option possible. Hence, they held on to him for this long despite no longer being on this team. but again, once the days go by and they realize nobody is going to give up anything of value for melo, they'll just waive him.

your post has nothing to do with it being done some time ago, as a waive option in the near future

#58 YOLO, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018