1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disturbing] Desmond is Amazing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Dec 16, 2018.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Bingo. A key issue. These are prebuscent children who shouldn't be encouraged to flaunt around. They shouldn't even be wearing make up at that point, because the purpose of make up is to bring out attractive qualities. It is easy to hide behind a progressive shield of acceptance and tolerance, and avoid the actual reality taking place. That is desceptive and dishonest. Whether you lie to yourself, it is your issue. But don't like to us normal people who don't think this crap is OK for kids to be thrust into. Give that kid true freedom. No way did he choose all of this on his own. He is 11 and there are no 11 year olds booking TV spots, understanding what Pride is, and creating foundations. This is the work of adults who should get a knock from child protection, but likely people are too afraid to speak up lest they be called a bigot for "hating" because that is the go to of progressive nut jobs.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not sure how this is "an incredible story", but hey...if the kid wants to do drag, let the kid do drag.

JayGoogle likes this.
  3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, I really don't care. What % of people actually cared to upvote/downvote the video? You want to find Trump videos and how many people upvote SNL videos that dunk on Trump? Do you think it's representative of anything? It's only representative that a bunch of conservatives shared the video with each other and decided to dunk on it...just like a bunch of liberals share a SNL video...you came in the thread saying the likes/dislikes had meaning... I think normally the likes/dislikes doesn't really mean much

Now, I could link you a story but would you read it with an open mind?

Here you go...
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/leaked-the-alt-right-playbook-for-taking-over-youtube

This was floating around social media when the story hit, wasn't a big story, but several users had screenshots and videos of the chats and everything. Even down to one of the guys telling members how to create sock accounts so that they can win battles in the comment section and downvote videos..

I mean, let's be real here, you think the likes/dislikes of a certain video holds some kind of weight, so I guess this stuff does work with some people, which I guess is why they make the effort to do it.

Sounds like, according to his parents, his self-identity was decided a while ago? You're assuming that the kid isn't being himself based on what? That they made a website for him and took him to pride parades? Maybe he wanted to go to them?

I think it's a lot more dangerous to try to restrict him and tell him what he can't and cannot do. As we've learned, this often leads to suicide, when it relates to LGBT children at least...which I should add, men do drags and sometimes are completely straight.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also I will add that I said that I agree that it's possible they are exploiting him for fame. Very much so...but this is such a hard thing to discern at a distance and it's something a lot of child celebs have to deal with, overbearing parents who are living through them of sorts and pushing them towards things they don't want to do...but it's entirely possible that he wants to do this and is having lots of fun with it too?

5. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I am not assuming the kid doesn't want to. I am talking about the level of encouragement that goes beyond healthy and supportive. You are niave to think that these parents are just going along with his will. This is not normal at that age. As for your other posting, dude, you literally can't quit. You have some issues if you think the altright are in some grand youtube conspiracy. Plus you seem to think the altright is a relevant thing, which is laughable. Anyone identifying as alt right is an idiot and a very small minority of actual people who disagree with far left progressive nonesense. Using the term alt right against people who disagree with the far left is actually a common tactic, so I have to dismiss this as pure witchhunt nonesense. ALSO what makes you think those screen shots are not just leftists trying to make up a sensational story? Your logic could be turned against your very reasoning for thinking it is a discrod raid (it would have to be a lot of people eh?). I am sure that these discords of people on the left and right, if they are so prominent, are a very small number and they aren't hitting everything. Most people on youtube downvote things they generally don't like. It is not that far fetched to think that people disapprove of these money grubbing parents who are clearly trying to use their kid as he enters his most confusing years yet. Don't get me wrong, I support a kids right to choose his identity. But this is something else entirely to people who really ask questions about what is going on.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, boys wearing dresses is not normal or usual. Most boys will not want to wear dresses, I agree. But Normalcy has nothing to do with whether something is right or wrong.

Who said anything about it being relevant or not? You said that I couldn't back up what I said about the discord raids. I just did. You ignored the evidence completely, which is why at first I didn't bother posting it because I knew you'd just completely ignore it...and I knew you'd say "It could just be liberals making it all up!"

I'm not going to waste my time digging up old tweets and evidence because you'll just dismiss it. So why waste the effort anymore? You'll just claim it as a false flag made up by liberals and Soros or something.

Not really, you should have read the article. One person can make up to 99 alts on youtube. So a group of really dedicated people are capable of doing so.

Nah, I doubt that's the only reason why. Otherwise, why are people downvoting random general LGBT+ videos with adults in them? Can you explain that to me? You going to tell me homophobia doesn't exist?

Do you? How do you know he hasn't chosen it?

You need to look into this a bit more, I'm a bit closer to these issues, but kids usually know around this age...around puberty...which is around this kid's age...although again, wearing a dress doesn't make someone gay or straight or anything...it's just a clothing item...but LGBT+ youth kind of have an idea earlier...it's just that they have to hide it or risk being called perverted freaks and such. So it makes a lot more sense for many of them to hide it until they are independent adults...but at what age did you start liking girls? Was it 18?

How many guys here decided at 18 that they were attracted to women?

Well, again, I agree about the parents...but it is also entirely possible that the kid wants all this attention and enjoys

7. Buck Turgidson

Child beauty pageants are disgusting, doesn't matter who is dressing up as what.

End thread.

Nook, jcf, VooDooPope and 1 other person like this.
  8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

How much freedom are you going to give a 10 year old? Should they also be allowed to choose their gender? Should they be allowed to do drugs if they want to?

cml750 and Rocket River like this.
  9. Senator

Senator Member

It's sexualized and he knows it. This is the age transgenders will receive the most attention, when they get older and hormones kick in they scare away mainstream audiences. Exactly the kind of trash daytime tele will profit off of

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I really don't think talking to you is productive. Also why do you have to break everything I say into little pieces. It's really obnoxious. Just write a paragraph. You are giving me and others a headache. Also normalcy is not my argument about his choice to wear women's clothing. Normal was used to talk about the parenting. Furthermore, it is WOMEN'S clothing and makeup. Not something kids need. A line clearly needs to be drawn. Drag shows are overtly sexual in nature and obviously shouldn't be introduced into a young child's life. Call Child Potection already.

Also this kid will likely go along with whatever the parents are exposing him to. The same goes for religious kids who are endoctrinated from youth.

Sidenote: The daily beast is garbage and I don't need think pieces and articles to do my thinking for me. Furthermore, the article used SPLC which is a clearly biased organization that uses "hate speech" and "alt right" to smear people it disagrees with politically.

#30 dachuda86, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

How hard will be for this kid to walk this back?
    I mean . . . there is enormous pressure to continue even if he no longer does.
    He has fame. . .. noteriety . . . .attention . . . . . . .
    There are plenty adults that could not turn back from that . . . ..

The kid is 10 . . . .. people are screaming it is dangerous to tell him no . . .. .
    10 years old?!??!? Are we serious. . . at 10 EVERYTHING WAS NO!!!
    Don't jump off the building?
    Don't wrestle on the sofa
    Won't wear the same clothes for a week straight

Kids are kids . . .not little adults
    The idea is the Adult guides the child . .. that is no longer the case
    We worship youth so much that now we are all . . . AND A CHILD WILL LEAD THEM
    Funk dat

Rocket River

J Sizzle likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You mad?

Rich though, you calling me obnoxious when in the other thread you openly admitted to trolling. You just don't like me because I disagree with you!!!!

No, it's not women's clothing, it's girls clothing. Little girls also have makeup lines...you can probably find some makeup at your local toy section, head to the pink area.

"I support a Kid's right to choose...unless it's a dress...then I don't support it! The line must be drawn here, this far, no further!"

They feature grown men fully dressed, wearing obscene and over the top makeup, usually singing/dancing...it's Karaoke in costumes.

If you think Drag shows are sexual in nature and Beyonce and Shakira are not then so is the entire modeling and music industry...which is completely exposed to children. Clutch your pearls harder.

Yeah, because adolescents aren't rebellious or anything...

Says the guy that has Lauren Southern and Black Pigeon as sources.

No, you're the kind of person that never agrees with hate speech because you don't ever see it and want to ignore it. SPLC being biased because it dares to call out and highlight hate speech and protect minorities by fighting racist groups. I guess you think the Atomwaffen Division aren't 'alt-right' or 'Nazis' it's just the good ole left calling them that because of a disagreement!

By the way, that article wasn't even about hate speech, you've just turtled into your default response. It was about discords coordinating attacks on videos they do not like to affect the youtube algorithm.

By the way, when did you notice you were into girls? Was it at 18?

#32 JayGoogle, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think people need to understand what Drag is essentially.

I bought up beauty pageants because the idea, the very idea of pageants, is to display the looks of the person on the stage in skimpy clothing. This is something many people are okay with for little girls...since a lot of adult beauty pageant start off as children, remember that, a lot of them start off as little girls doing that...society is okay as a whole telling young girls that their worth is tied into how they look. Just like how we are completely fine with little boys playing football in pads in helmets because boys need to learn 'toughness' and 'discipline' and football teaches that. I'm challenging the hypocrisy of it all.

With that said, Drag is not on the surface sexual. It just isn't.

Drag is dressing up as the opposite sex and performing. Whether that be through song or dance ( A female imitating Eminem or a male imitating Mariah Carey or something) or through comedy or whatever.

biff17 likes this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't agree that this is the best thing for the kid, and I don't agree he should choose a gender or do drugs, but I'm also a big believer in doing what you want to do as long as it doesn't have an effect on me.

If this is the path that family chooses to go down...then so be it.

15. HTM

HTM Member

Agreed.

Expanding on that, beauty pageants in general seem very antiquated and kinda f***ed up to me.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Are you are trying to tell me the hip sashay that they have Desmond doing has no sexual component to it? You don't have to misconstrue what drag is to try to justify this. Drag isn't simply just a lip syncing event. It's closer to a burlesque show more than anything.

I do understand why you are trying to defend it and support the kid, but we don't need to be unrealistic here.

dachuda86 likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The hip shaying and make up etc
    Seems a bit . . . ..much

Rocket River

dachuda86 likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

My point is this. All of this would have been fine for a little girl to do, why is it then not fine for a little boy to do? That to me is the hypocrisy of this. I could literally, if I wanted to, find numerous videos of little girls performing on stages, singing, dancing, hips swinging, on national television...

In fact, it took me all of 10 seconds...

Wearing a glitzy dress, stockings, lipstick...doing it all...performing a Taylor Swift song...I guess, I don't listen to swifty, but I've seen many of her videos...which are marketed to young girls...and they aren't wholesome things.

Also, Drag isn't burlesque (although, I do get the comparison), it doesn't have to be suggestive sexually at all. On the surface, it is just dressing up as the opposite sex and performing. Sure, it can be burlesque and it can be risque, but it doesn't have to be.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rocket River