1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What are MDA's criteria for giving PT ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Dec 17, 2018.

1. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Seems good.

HP3, SF3isBack!! and topfive like this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I mean ... Clark hasn't played the last 2 weeks . So I dunno what you are talking about "playing him differently "

Once again . I'm not arguing for Clark over house . I'm arguing for Clark to play some mins period . I'm arguing for knight to get more than 5 minutes .

I disagree that when MDA expands the rotation that it results in disaster .... the stats might say that because he will only play the scrubs in blowouts .

The disaster happens when CP3 and Gordon don't play well and harden/pj/Clint can't carry us out of it .

There has been so much inconsistency (and just pure bad play ) from our 5 best players ... that I don't think you can blame anything on the bench at this point .

Do you think Ennis is a legit rotation piece ?

When Ennis comes back do you think MDA will work him back into the rotation with green and house or do you think he will cut one of those guys out of the rotation completely to give Ennis minutes ? I know which one my money is on .

kjayp likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Nook is spot on in this thread. House over Clark. And the bench being bereft of talent.

MDA just using the "least worst of" approach.

Right now the onus is on Morey to make moves. His offseason calculations were wrong. His calculated gambles did not pay off. So he needs to make corrections.

HP3 likes this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

House is miles ahead of Clark on offense and most importantly athleticism. Clark can't put the ball on the floor at all, and can's shoot the 3 consistently either.

House is so much more aggressive, you can see that he has the confidence to drive in and dunk on your ass if you give him the lane

saleem likes this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, Clark is a backup 4 on defense and his offense is limited. Once his jumper improves, he can come back into the rotation.

HP3 likes this.
  6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

The MDA criteria is:
    1) At least 2-3 years of experience - no time to teach... you gotta know - or you gotta go!
    2) Dont hurt his precious offensive efficiency stats!

MDA isnt about enduring some growing pains and developing guys... He'd rather ask our 33yo guys (PJ/CP3) to play 35-39 mpg...
    MDA has done it his whole career...
    overplay his starters = increased offensive efficiency (so he will be viewed as an offensive guru or something - lol)
    Runs guys into the ground - then an injury happens... and it's "oh MDA coached so greatly, if it wasnt for inury he would have won it all..."
    or guys got nothing left in the tank for the playoffs (Harden game 6 vs Spurs) - then its on the players shortcomings...

it's happened time and time again...

I think House will continue to get minutes (albeit limited) - unless he starts to hurt MDA's offensive stats - then he'll pull the chain on him... look how Trez disappeared - even after Nene went down and he expected Harden to cover LMA and Pau...

#26 kjayp, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    J.R. and snowconeman22 like this.
  7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

We signed House from the G-League and made him our 7th man 2 days after signing him. There is no criteria.

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Definitely one of my all-time favorites