1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets waive Zhou Qi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

7'8 wingspan

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

About Melo....

D-rock likes this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Wow. I hope the Lakers don't know what they are getting into. :cool:

FLASH21 and ROXTXIA like this.
  4. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Doesn't make any sense. If its a "done deal" what is the hold up? He is a min salary player at this point and it's after December 15...

snowconeman22 likes this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

Third team

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Like @Inchan points out above, the Rockets do try to develop players, and those who step up sufficiently get rewarded with a rotation spot. Some become starters.

Unfortunately, Zhou didn't do enough to warrant that promotion, and that's on him, not the team. Gotta step up and to everything you can to grab that golden ring while you have a chance.

lnchan likes this.
  7. mockster

mockster Member

He will probably do well, he played some good stints for us and guess what we still continued to suck without him so obviously he was not the problem. He’s played better then EG yet EG still on the roster

He would’ve been solid for us

roslolian and hakeemthagreat like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

melo sickness is real. hilarious post

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Rockets are in win now mode.
    Zhou needs to go to a place where there's absolutely zero pressure, like Atlanta.

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

this is bullshit. He came in clutch off the bench so many times and hit a good amount of 3s for me in NBA2K

awc713 and tinman like this.
  11. buzz1701

buzz1701 Contributing Member

Last season when injuries hit the team hard Dantony played Joe Chee in one game during actual time not garbage time. I thought this is his big chance to impress and start getting serious minutes. But he totally stunk it up. Could not defend, make easy shots or even convert a free throw. Coach put him on the bench and he never saw significant playing time after that. I knew then he was history. Dude can't play at this level or the stage is just too big for him.

saleem likes this.
  12. basketballholic

More blither.

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

14. hakeemthagreat

Finally somebody with common sense

roslolian likes this.
  15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wtf:
    • blither
    • blabber
    • blather
    • bluster
    They all look the same, and mean the same thing. @Deckard

[​IMG]

#195 heypartner, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    FLASH21 likes this.
  16. basketballholic

Well, a deal should have gone down on or before Dec. 7 so that those players acquired could have been re-aggregated at the deadline. That deal didn't happen. And there were AT LEAST two deals there for the taking.

Morey passed.

That tells me there was something better on the horizon that would still leave us with enough aggregatable salary after the trade that at the deadline we could trade for any contract up to $30 million.

So I thought Morey must have backed up a trade to coincide with Melo being available on Dec. 15....and synergizing the trade with a Melo trade was better than having more re-aggregatable contracts at the deadline.

Then nothing happened on the 15th.

But.....Melo is silent. He's not saying anything. That tells me there's a deal already agreed to involving him that gets him where he wants to go in a time frame he is comfortable with.

I can't believe Melo really wants to just hang out until Feb 7....but I guess it's possible. I think the more likely scenario is Melo has been given a time frame somewhere in proximity of Dec. 15 that he's comfortable with and won't make waves about. And he may get a bit more money out of the deal by waiting a little bit longer. But at least he gets to his new team somewhere before oe around New Year's.

That time frame could be as soon as this friday......maybe a few days later.

And I believe it involves at least one, if not both of Knight and EGo.

Now when you add the fact that we waived Qi, a non-guaranteed contract that could have been waived at any time before Jan. 10, and we haven't signed House, nor has there been a single leak about planning to sign him, then it makes sense to believe that a trade is IMMINENT.

So, I think things are going to start leaking out sometime between now and friday. And when they are leaked, you can bet that the deal is already agreed to in principle and that the teams involved are simple seeking ancillary improvements to the deal.

Remember, we could have already sent Melo out to another team for a TPE if we just needed a roster spot for House. But we didn't do that and Melo ain't griping about anything.

So I think a deal is imminent, yes.

#196 basketballholic, Dec 18, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    BigShasta likes this.
  17. tmac

tmac Contributing Member

Thanks for singlehandedly taking us all the way to Game 7 of the WCF

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

This was a surprise to me. IMO his preseason injury coupled by the teams slow start doomed this season for him. I thought that he would be used as salary filler at the very least. I’m guessing that waiving him so he can go back to China was another solid done for Yao.

THEGLIDEc likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Thats how drafting works.

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He needs two good years in the G-league. The game at that level was starting to slow down for him. On the other hand, a good 1 yr in the G-league might help him to play better in China.