1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off Season

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros line up is already a lot stronger.

If the Astros add Cruz or Murphy... wow.

Springer
    Brantley
    Altuve
    Correa
    Bregman
    Cruz
    Gurriel
    Reddick
    Chirinos

Bench:
    Marisnick
    Diaz
    White
    Kemp
    Stassi

Snake Diggit likes this.
  2. Nook

Nook Member

That is about my expectation. I could certainly be wrong and Tucker rakes, but I do not hold him in the same class as players like Bregman or Correa as a prospect. I think you get some seasons with an OPS in the low 700's early on and then a 4-5 year run with an OPS in the 800's. For an overall good but not great career.

3. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Why do I have a feeling that with all the recent moves and if we trade Tucker for Realmuto, the Astros are going all-in to win WS next two years then rebuilt mode from scratch after that.

CheezeyBoy22 and Snake Diggit like this.
  4. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Wonder if Mike Fiers would fit that need. He had a decent year with Oakland and eats innings. Shouldn't cost much

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because that is most likely going to be it for this group of players. I think you push all chips on the table now within reason. Altuve and Bergman will be still with the team if I'm a betting man.

I hope they make the trade for Realmuto.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

it might not be a no-brainer but picking up a young stud at catcher is infinitely harder than finding one in the OF, nvm that tucker hasn't shown anything at the majors (albeit briefly) while realmuto is a proven all star... add to that the window this club is working within given JV and cole and i think you make that trade everyday.

if the ToR market is thin you make a move for a MoR guy, sign murphy or cruz to really add some umph to the lineup and hope one of mchugh, james, valdez, perez or even whitley hit their stride.

8. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

I also get the sense that Luhnow wants to have an elite offense at each position if possible.

9. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Who doesnt? Lol...do we wager an elite farm though? We trade tucker and we can likely say goodbye to any possibility of acquiring a ToR arm.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'd make that trade off all day... look at that lineup! what did our "best rotation ever" do against that red sox buzz saw?? what did that dodgers "best pen in baseball" do against our 2017 bats???

sure i'd love to add another ToR guy like Klueber but if you're trotting out a lineup w the likes of altuve, bregman, realmuto, springer, correa, cruz and brantley every single day you don't need that 3rd ace. there isn't a rotation in baseball that could consistently out produce our hitters.

like i said earlier, if you land JT you then focus on a MoR guy and hope that mchugh, james and valdez or even peacock fill in the back of the rotation.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

But they have enough now to trade for arm without Tucker.

It wouldn't shock me to see them wait until the season to trade for a pitcher.

12. mario elie

mario elie Member

Hey Nook, sounds like the Realmuto rumors are seriously ratcheting up. What are your thoughts on landing him? Would that take us out of upgrading the DH spot?

13. Nook

Nook Member

I haven't heard from anyone that the Astros are serious about Realmuto but I haven't had anyone say much about the Astros in the last couple of days.

I do know that the Astros are serious about Cruz at the right price.

Adding Realmuto would add about 6-7 million dollars to the bottom line.

I also know the Astros are serious about moving Reddick......... so no, I don't think that adding Realmuto necessarily prevents the Astros from making a run at Cruz or Murphy.

Snake Diggit and mario elie like this.
  14. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

I think he had a bad exit here in 2017. I might be misremembering.

15. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Would be neat if they could salary dump Gurriel and Reddick. Would allow them the funds to add Cruz and Realmuto while also allowing them to keep both White and Kemp on the roster:

RF Springer
    LF Brantley
    3B Bregman
    2B Altuve
    DH Cruz
    SS Correa
    C Realmuto
    1B White
    CF Marisnick

Bench: Diaz, Kemp, Chirinos

Lineup has 7 star hitters, plus White (who might be a star hitter), with 3 league average bats available off the bench. I love that roster.

16. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think Correa ends up the best hitter on this team next year. Or very close to it. Lots of people sleeping on him. He showed me enough in the playoffs to be very optimistic on his back.

17. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

One interesting thing about signing Brantley is they can use him to figure out who else was interested in him, then shop Reddick to those teams.

raining threes likes this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I love Kyle Tucker and his swing. I think you probably make this move but I'm certainly torn.

Is Tucker for Kluber realistic or is that only bs talk from climbingtalshill?

19. Jeremy Williams

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member