1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Need New Road Announcers.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 14, 2018.

?

Would you like new road announcers?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Dikembe, Yao and Hakeem would be good.

Der Rabbi and BigShasta like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ackerman is good, anyone hating on him is crazy. He does lack an iconic voice but his energy is great and his ability to paint the picture is Good too. If Bullard would cut the cheese ball act, I think he turns it up for tv because people would complain if he was really just himself. I think he would be kinda off putting because he knows so much about the game.

I would really like to see the pregame/half/postgame show be a booth of worrell, Clyde and murph. Like, put all the old hats on, don’t make em travel, give them their due and still be able to move on in good spirits. Give Ackerman the role he’s earned, let Bullard be less corny...it’s not that far off.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

You got all excited about the issue of a man wanting to tap a woman on the shoulder and getting face-stuffed. Why? It's your concern, Dude. Hey, Ackerman can get face-stuffed by women 1000 times: it's fine with me.

Gave up on your war against the "libtards" already? Why don't you keep raging against the "libtards," Guy? It's so compelling :D

4. farhen

farhen Member

Clean up on aisle 3!!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. SRR21

SRR21 Member

6. Mr Chuck Norris

I have no clue why anyone hates Ackerman. But rockets fans hates their best player so I can kinda see why. ack is good.

7. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Unreal Bill is still allowed in the arena, this franchise let Hakeem retire as a Toronto Raptor, but cant kick this embarrassment to the curb?

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

They're a little embarrassing at times but they're alright. I thought the going commando tangent they went on in Dallas was hilarious.

I don't really care about commentators much though. To me, it's Kevin Harlan for PBP and then everyone else. Listening to other teams' commentators, it's not like they're any better.

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Proud to vote on the side of disagree, and happy with the poll results.

Ackerman fan through and through,

Bull (and Clyde) are the links to the championship years.

Sorry OP

dvr4me, Smacktle and BigShasta like this.
  10. LUK3

LUK3 Member

I just hate Craig’s voice.

Worrell is old.

Bullard is the official dad.

Clyde’s an idiot.

Put Murphy in the booth.

I’d rather have biased Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller.

Sajan likes this.
  11. biff17

biff17 Member

How is what he said negative?

Or vulgar?

but yeah that libtard crack was way out of left field kinda like your vulgar comment.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  12. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

The Grizzlies commentators was truly great yesterday.

13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Thanks for your opinion.

I don't want any announcer or player to lose his job. People have been saying Worrell has to go; I prefer Worrell to Ackerman. I don't want either one of them to lose their job.

Ackerman says stuff that is coarse, low; I don't enjoy listening to him. That's it. He's good for radio: just call the game and don't try to make conversation. He is the worst of Bull, Clyde, Bill, Van, and Calvin.

#73 sirbaihu, Dec 16, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  14. macan

macan Member

i don't know, it's hard to find better ones
    go listen to when Harden crossed up wesley johnson.

15. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Reggie Miller is the worst. Seems like it's hard for him to physically put the words out.

BigShasta likes this.
  16. theimpossibles1

Sorry, could you repeat that please?

BigShasta likes this.
  17. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Pretty much everyone should go. Bill is an all-timer but he clearly has one foot out the door. Bullard isn't Sean Elliott or Tommy Heinsohn bad but he's in their ball park. Ackerman sounds like a frat boy on Adderall. Clyde is infinitely likable but offers little to the game. If Tillman weren't so in debt I'd love to see them poach someone like Grant Napear from the Kings.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I dont mind Bullard. Ackerman is just neverending mistake after mistake. He cant even tell PJ Tucker from James Harden half the time.

19. H-TOWNSFINEST

H-TOWNSFINEST Member

Sorry to bump but I had to after watching a YouTube clip of Calvin calling a game. I think Ackerman and Calvin Murphy would be comedy gold.

20. Jbarrachina

Jbarrachina Member

Bill needs to stay, he is the heart and soul of the Rockets. Miss listening to him on the road.
    Clyde is good, has great insight on the game.

Bullard and Ackerman are not good. Ackerman can stay in radio. He is not a good TV commentator.
    Bullard repeats the same dumb things game after game, he is completely buying the 3>2 stupidity.
    He loves the weakest player Tucker. That guy has no business shooting 3’s - he’s awful.
    I would not mind replacing Bullard.