1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marlboro owner Altria Invests in Cannabis

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by pgabriel, Dec 10, 2018.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

https://abc13.com/4862426/?ex_cid=T...f54&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This is a huge deal.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

On the one hand, yay cannabis. On the other hand, I don't trust tobacco companies. I don't want them to put additional carcinogens in one thing and start marketing it as another if you feel me.

4. Asian Sensation

I can roll my own joints.

CometsWin, seclusion and pgabriel like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

For sure. I was just saying it was a huge deal for cannabis taking one huge step into being legalized everywhere. Dont give two ***** for Altria or big tobacco themselves, Altria is the biggest one of them all.

#5 donkeypunch, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    seclusion likes this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think this happened a couple of days ago and had been rumored for months which is why Cronos stock had been popping. I've owned Altria stock for over a decade -- that thing is a compounding cash cow. Constellation Brands' investment in Canopy Growth was over twice as big as this, but these are the 2 biggest investments in pot stocks that I know of.

Next up... Coca Cola needs to get into the market. They've been rumored to be trying to get a deal going with companies like Aurora Cannabis to create CBD-infused drinks.