1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets seeking trade this week after waiving House

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

Assuming this dude is legit, i guess one those teams is Phoenix, the other maybe Dallas...i don't think we're after him but who knows...

I'm also not sure we have the assets to get him unless we throw in a couple of picks which might be too much of course.

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Courtney Lee & Ntilikina for Knight works

RudyTBag likes this.
  3. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

and it's also the Knicks so their dumb basketball operations IQ works in our favor too

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

To be fair, it was a little more than just about getting traded. He was extremely hurt because Ujiri basically told him it’s not happening, they’re not looking to trade him, and then traded him.

People are too quick to criticize the player in these situations; they really don’t look at both sides.

I mean, I get it. Ujiri thought it was best to not keep Demar in the know. It’s actually really smart in a way, that way rumours don’t swirl around in the media and Demar’s camp can’t control the narrative with any leaks. That kind of stuff can really decrease someone’s value and make the team lose leverage. (Minnesota)

At the same time, picture being Demar. You’ve dedicated and committed yourself to the city and franchise, one which had always had a hard time getting someone to do such. You have a talk with Ujiri and he tells you you’re not moving. He may go home and tell his family they’re staying put, and then the next week they hit him with the news. Now he’s got to explain to his kids what’s happening. I know that’s a dramatic story, but in actuality it’s something that would likely go down.

Not saying Ujiri was wrong, but good business for the Raps can also be bad business for Demar. And it’s hard to just “suck it up” when dealing with bad business.

HP3 likes this.
  5. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Good defensive player but cant do anything else. He is not the spark the bench needs

duluth111222 likes this.
  6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

More realistically, then flip JR Smith for Ariza in 60 days.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Grizzlies, Magic, Suns, and Timberwolves want Frank N.

8. tc0330

tc0330 Member

so im guessing our first move is to fix depth. second move, "star" upgrade

amaru likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

More like:

Don't get your hopes up for a big trade cause:

- there are no stars available
    - we don't even have the assets to be in the mix for one eventually, unless it's a bottom tier star like Love or an expiring one

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If we are willing to deal 4 first rounders as reported, we are in the mix for EVERYONE.

Some of you guys just refuse to learn your lesson. Daryl Morey is not a GM to be counted out.

#250 RudyTBag, Dec 5, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    oelman44 and HP3 like this.
  11. Fish36floor

Fish36floor Member

Yes, if you can't move the mountain, you move the stone.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They aren't limited to an expiring …. they could get someone on a rookie scale contract but they have to move Knight (Or EG) in the process.

Honestly I think that makes the most sense , a rookie scale contract with this season and next gives the team some flexibility and an option to keep that player in RFA if the price is right.

Don't ask me who I'd target , haven't done the research on rookie scale wings that fit the team & might be available via trade.

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Yeah accept …. two of those 4 go to get rid of BK's contract which limits your return.

I don't see a blockbuster type deal on the horizon and don't think they really need one to get right.

Just give me a quality wing preferably one on a rookie contract that can defend , rebound and stand in the corner and hit 3's or make the quick pass to an open shooter.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I know Morey will always try, but reality is other teams with better asset will also try. And i mean, aside the fact that as today there's no star available (unless we're talking about Love), those four picks weren't enough to get an expiring and disgruntled star so, i wouldn't get my hopes up in that regard.

RudyTBag and amaru like this.
  15. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Daryl Morey’s history shows us that we should get our hopes up, IMO.

Whether it’s dealing DooDoo for Luis Scola, Donte Greene for Ron Artest, Rafer Alston for Kyle Lowry, Kevin Martin for James Harden, or a gang of role players for CP3, he has a track record of stepping up.

4 first round picks, Gordon/Capela/CP3/Tucker, the Full MLE and reasonably flexible contracts, I wouldn’t put much of a ceiling on what he can accomplish.

BHannes2BHonest and BaselineFade like this.
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Two 1st Rounders? I don’t think that’s at all reality, especially now that the guy is getting healthy.

17. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

Bradley Beal would be INCREDIBLE

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Don't get me wrong, i'm a big fan of Morey so i really hope he can pull a rabbit out of the hat, but i'm just trying to keep my expectations in check at this point.

RudyTBag likes this.
  19. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If scenario 1 is available, that’s a no brainer. Satoransky gives up depth 1-3. Morris 4/5.

We need quality depth. I agree that we won’t be getting a “star” per say, but I still think Holiday can be had for a second rounder if the reports are true.

These 3 players would be a nice upgrade, and at least put us in the hunt.

Hopefully Morey can get a back up big on the cheap. I saw Richaun Holmes rumored earlier. He would be fantastic for his price tag/production. Lopez supposedly is available as well.

Regardless of what I may want, I know that Morey will do something. Our bench and depth can’t get any worse, so I’m looking forward to seeing what exactly the Rockets have in store.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

You and me both, and I totally agree with your earlier post concerning the desperate need for a rock solid two-way player, whoever that is.

I’m sort of hoping for an under the radar steal, much like Scola or Lowry, both of which were met with outrage initially. A counterpart to PJ Thiccness, If you will.

Vivi likes this.