1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 1/26/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Lets Go Rockets! I am so glad to see that they did not collapse last night by playing down to the competition. It was a good win even if it was just the lowly Magic. A win is a win, and it doesn't matter who it was and by how much.

Tonight's game better be a win. I for one believe that there is no way Jeff Van Gundy's brother will allow Yao to dominate a game by only having one defender on him. Like Clutch said in the game recap, JVG's brother will have everything on Yao to keep him from dominating the game. So I feel that the other players are going to have to do their role.

Let's continue our hot streak and sweep Florida. I forsee another win. I hope this is right.

"How sweet it is!"

Bill Worrell had some great quotes last night. I am looking towards hearing some more tonight. What a game by Yao.

#2 Uprising, Jan 26, 2004
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2004
  3. feishen

feishen Member

Am I the first one?
    Go Go Rox. Beat the crap out of Heat.

Rox 101 : Heat 73

4. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

This game scares me just a little bit.

2 keys on the defensive end. Shut down Eddie Jones and Lamar Odom.

Yao will see the double-teams that disappeared during the Magic game. I expect Francis to have a better game. Realistically, we have way too much size for them down low.

Rockets 85
    Heat 75

5. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Steve will go off against the Heats. Rockets will win by limiting the scoreless Heats to under 70!:D

Rockets: 84
    Heats: 65

--daoshi

6. daRox

daRox Member

Stan van Gundy is going to double team Yao. Look for SF, Mobley, and MoT to have great scoring night. Hopefully Yao will block more than 7 times than when last played the Heat.

7. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Continue the momentum and beat the Heat AND THE KINGS!!!

Rox 92
    Heat 77

8. ckfol

ckfol Member

The enthusiasm is awesome, and it's clear the Rockets have turn the corner. But obvious holes still exist in Rocket Personel and honestly I think Miami will be giving Rox fits tomorrow. Odom, Grant, WZZ are types of PF that expose Rockets defensive weakness against mobile PF while giving Yao a lot of trouble on the defensive end. Even without Wade, this heat team has played better as of late as CB is starting to dust off the rust. Rockets will need a strong effort from SF tomorrow to beat the Heats.

Odom scares me the most because he's got crazy game with mad handles. If he goes off tomorrow, we don't have anyone to guard him. Rockets need to be efficient on offense.

Rox 90
    Heat 85

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i think we will bring heat to the heat and will be hot.

10. littlefish_220

3 win streak on the road will be sweet.

Probably Heats will double Yao very often during the game, hopefully rockets can find a way to feed the low post and our shooters can finish the open shots.

Rockets 88 Heat 79

BTW, we need someone to predict rockets a loss for the luck:)

-Littlefish

11. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

A win tomorrow would change my pessimistic ways regarding this team (at least for the moment). The Rockets have something to prove tomorrow. And I think they will fall flat on their faces.

Rockets: 71
    Heat: 78

12. aaaccchhhooo

aaaccchhhooo Member

i'll say we'll lose :D we can't seem to get pass the 3 game winning streak...but as always,.. i'm hope i'm wrong

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Heh. Funny how you think we will lose this one, but win against the Kings. Glad to hear your pessimistic ways might be on the verge of changing. Here's to a Rocket's win!
    I hate the way the Rockets used to play down to their opponents. It looked like they were going to do that again today since it was a tie game most of the night, but they did their job and pulled away late.

14. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

87-73 rockets. they'll be annoying for a while like tonight but we should be in control. let stan have some of what lenny wilkens and the magic coach were smoking so maybe he'll single team yao, too. only scary thing is brian grant has beaten yao up before and kept him from getting position so hopefully we'll/yao be ready for that. need to get this win before the kings whip us.l

15. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

thanks ZRB your pessimestic ways really bring me joy. =P I wish Atrain would say something negative too.. just for luck you know?

J

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yao will be exhausted after the win over the Magic, especially since this is the Rockets' 3rd game in 4 nights. Couple that with the inevitable double and triple-teaming the Heat will throw at him(not to mention Brian Grant fronting him all night), and Steve, Cat, and Jim Jackson better bring their A game.

I'll say Rockets by 7.

17. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

I said right after our win over Pacers that we would sweep the Florida teams. Half of my prediction came true tonight. I don't see anyone on this Miami team who can stop this runaway train aka the Houston Rockets. :D

100 - 82

Yao with a couple of sharp elbows to Grant's nose and a dunkfest on the entire Miami team. ;)

18. Franchise2001

Franchise2001 Contributing Member

Dont get soft on us now!!! :mad:
    ZRB optimism = rockets loss

19. Blitz

Blitz Member

not an easy game to be honest, Grant plays Yao tough, and Odom is a matchup problem...but no wade and caron still not doing good, roxs win

20. SHANGHAi

SHANGHAi Member

Heh why not. I don't see a reason why we WOULDN'T beat the Heat.... unless... Yao's tired or something... ;)

94 - 72 Rockets win