1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Not a Dodge] Caravan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Oct 24, 2018.

?

What are your thoughts on the Honduran caravan?

1. Let them all in

3.4%
  2. Let the non criminals in

6.8%
  3. Let all but the middle easterners in

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Thoughts and prayers

15.3%
  5. Case by case admittance

57.6%
  6. Turn them around at our border

15.3%
  7. Funded by the dems

6.8%
  8. Funded by the repugs

5.1%
  9. Hopefully our border agents dont catch diseases

6.8%
  10. Build a wall/call in national guard

23.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If they have a legit claim to asylum they get to live in the U.S., and if they don't have a legit claim to asylum they don't get to stay in the U.S. That isn't allowing the caravan to succeed or fail. It is allowing our laws to be followed and be executed.

It really isn't that complicated.

JuanValdez likes this.
  2. Ender00

Ender00 Member

And while they are applying, who will feed and take care of them? Even you have to admit that majority of them are not qualify for the asylum. Remember there are billion of poor people who are in a bad situation that would love to also come to the US with out having to go through the immigration waiting list

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With the current system, it would allow those without a legit claim to asylum to gain access to the country and just not show back up for court. Those who know they don't have a legitimate claim for asylum would be incentivised to do that and according to far right MSNBC reporters on the ground in Mexico who have been speaking with those in the caravan, the majority of the caravan are here for economic reasons, not here legitimately seeking asylum. That's the problem.

If you allow everyone in the caravan to come into the country, it succeeds and you'll see many more of them. If you allow them to bust through the border, which is what the California government would gladly allow to happen, the caravan succeeds and you'd see many more of them.

The best thing that can be done is to strand the caravan in Mexico and only take in those asylum cases that are legitimate and leave the remaining 90% of the caravan for the Mexicans to deal with.

4. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I am not going to sweat about the cost to feed a few people who need food. It costs less than sending all of the troops down there and is money better spent.

My belief is that few if any of them will qualify for asylum. But that is just my guess. I'm not going to make that judgment without being able to actually review the real facts and cases. Nobody should prejudge them like that.

5. Ender00

Ender00 Member

So what about if they gave birth while waiting for the hearing and now claim that their child should be able to live in the US and by proxi they should also inorder to take care of this US citizen or are you for separating the family?

6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

let's see if you'd call the cop if you got 50 people camp out in front of your house

7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

What has shown to be true is that walls work. If there were no wall, these people would have walked right in.

However, seeing the pictures from the past several days, it is obvious that our wall is in serious need of repair, enhancement, and extension.

8. HTM

HTM Member

The Chinese built a wall.

I’m not sure about the history. Was the great wall effective?

9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It depends on if they moved when I asked them to move or not. That has nothing to do with the issue of the thread though.

10. Cohete Rojo

My company built a wall to keep trespassers out. Is the wall effective?

dachuda86 likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

corrections, the Chinese built many walls, thousands of miles of them,

were these walls effective ? here are the facts.

even w the walls,
    the Mongolians invaded China and ruled the middle kingdom for ~ 2 centuries, and
    the Manchus later invaded and ruled the middle kingdom for ~ 2 centuries before being overthrown by Sun Yuet Sen​

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You didn't even come close to answering my question. This is just rambling

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You really do not get economics...

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I bet they have a door and lock it at home.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

actually... it does

16. Ender00

Ender00 Member

Lol I think we are being troll by the franciseblade and other like him. I think they know most people who apply for asylum does not qualify but they don’t care. They know that being from a poor country doesn’t meant you get to skip immigration line but they don’t care. I hope they are intelligent enough to know that the US can not support all the poor people in the word and that would means they are trolling us.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

You maybe new around here. FB doesn’t troll.

Nook likes this.
  18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Making stuff up does not make you an educated man.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol Keep on thinking. You'll get it eventually.

20. Cohete Rojo

It’s worse than that. He works for the Los Angeles Unified school district, and views these people as his meal ticket.

Never mind that LAU is one of the worst school districts in the US, he needs these people for his survival...or so he thinks.