1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Gerald Green get a free pass 24/7 while Melo gets banished?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by W22_STREAK, Nov 23, 2018.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I guess that’s a theory. No proof but I guess it’s possible.

My question is why didn’t the poor play to start the season make everyone else’s net rating suffer as badly?

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So it’s the 90s again and this is the best way to compare how effective two players are....

3. hakeemthagreat

Yea because comparing player stats is never useful

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

We all know EG has been garbage on offense. When u are finally able to recognize that there’s 2 sides of the ball and EG was good on 1 side and Melo was garbage on both then u can get back to me. I’ve posted how the team did when Melo was on and off the floor. He was the biggest net negative on the team. Facts. He was a liability for OKC in the playoffs and his trash defense would’ve been a liability for us in the playoffs as well. Facts. Melo is severely inefficient on offense and horrible on defense. Facts. Melo is a scrub. Facts.

While I spit facts, u bring up nonsense like Melo and a game 7 against GS.

ryano2009 likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

Lol. You calling him trash is "facts" but when his actual stats get thrown out it's "nonsense" now? Yea ur delusional fam. So Carmelo's a scrub, but judging strictly by the numbers, Eric Gordon's been even WORSE yet he's no scrub. Mind you EG's been here for years & Melo only 10 games. I need you to define scrub. Because if we're going strictly by your words, Melo was our best scrub coming off the bench

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

your reading comprehension is severely lacking, this is getting sad now

what's nonsense is posts like this from u

“ If we get to game 7 with Ryan Anderson theres a 150% chance we do that AND some with Carmelo Anthony”

yet u want to call other people’s posts baseless...the hypocrisy is hilarious

actually read and comprehend 1st before posting all these useless replies

I’ve already explained how Melo was the biggest net negative on the team and why he was a scrub and don’t feel like doing it for a 3rd time...at this point u are just wasting my time

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Holy f**k I can’t wait til melo signs with another team and we rid ourselves of @hakeemthagreat

Zboy likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

I can't wait till we go 0-27 again while wondering why our bench couldn't score. Can't blame Melo then huh

9. hakeemthagreat

So my reading comprehension is bad, but you completely fail to comprehend anything on a basic level. On top of that, your incoherent responses lol. Reeko, "Melo's trash, Melo's a scrub", My response "Well technically Melo's stats were better than Eric Gordon's, define scrub". Reeko's response "well derr, um, he was a -9". Now anybody with common sense knows we had TONS of injuries, new players, new defense, new rotations etc.. Plus minus stats don't tell you much after 10 games idiot..

Ryan Anderson by definition is the scrub you desperately want Melo to be. Had we had Melo in the role Anderson was in, we beat GS. Why? Because our offense is why we lost that series, not our defense idiot. Even if for only 8-10 minutes each game, I'm sure Melo gives you SOMETHING unlike Anderson did. That little extra few buckets is needed in a playoff series. You & Yolo are definitely the Dumb & Dumber posters here

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

It is hilarious watching him cry over a scrub and failure like Melo.

We are entering the TwiLINght zone all over again.

Reeko and saleem like this.
  11. amaru

amaru Member

When do get rid of the other scrubs on the roster?

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

BTW, people are completely overlooking how a ball stopper like Melo kills the flow of team offense. Combine that with Harden and CP3 trying extra hard to look for Melo and get him going, no wonder we sucked on offense. And for what? For a career inefficient chucker? I would rather Harden and CP take those shots.

Melo offense and team offense cant exist. Sorry. Which is why ball movement has been much smoother since he got booted.

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

One by one my friend. One by one.

We started off right by getting rid of the king of scrubs in Melo, and then gluing MCW to the bench.

This off-season was a F for Morey.

At least he is taking corrective actions, and taking them early.

dlite316 and cdxiong like this.
  14. amaru

amaru Member

I’d argue he’s done nothing but pluck the low hanging fruit. We have at least 4 guys on the roster who are worthless yet they are still here.

saleem likes this.
  15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

What do you care, next time that happens you’ll be rooting for another team (assuming melo sticks around long enough for you to become a fan).

It must be weird knowing you’d defend a player you’ve never even met harder than his best friend ever did, though. Wonder why that is?

Zboy likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Just to make it simple for you too:

1. Who cares how long the leash is? The point is do we need a guy to help us or not?

2. Yes how did Melo play last season on OKC? He was good enough to be a bench player on the team, similar to this year could have helped a lot in terms of depth.

And it was repeated so many times, Melo was willing to accept Green's role. In fact be went to the FO and coaching staff to ask them what he needs to do to help and thats when they told him they were moving in a different direction and hit him lile a.punch in the gut. You are really just twisting facts just to fit your worldview.

3. I already said it but Melo had a horrible camp, he was out of shape just like Cp3 and Capela were. It will distort his stats and make it far worse than he really is just like his last game of 1/9 shooting. If you only have 10 games then a single night of 1/9 is gonna tank all your stats.

So instead of looking at incomplete stats like a smart moron just look at Melo's body of work and his entire 1 year performance as a Thunder. Can we use that guy off the bench? Duh of course.

I'm not trumping up Melo because I like Melo, if you look at my past history I don't like Melo because he is inefficient and I wasnt thrilled when we were recruiting him to be the key to championship formula. However with him willibg to accept a bench role and with the team lacking depth in a very severe way we have a very unique opportunity and pissed it away for shortsighted gains.

17. hakeemthagreat

Is it me defending Melo or me watching our team lose to teams like Cleveland knowing we can use another scorer & rebounder. Almost every game we win Harden has to score like 40. Gordon's the only scoring threat off the bench. We just waived our other scoring threat after only 10 games. We NEED another scoring option that can get quick buckets. Waiving Carmelo was stupid

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. hakeemthagreat

That's the problem. They don't watch the games lol. I watched every game this season & I agree Melo was NOT the issue. Everything thing you posted was on point

20. munco

munco Member

Crazy that people still wish Melo, who's actually labeled a scrub at this point based on the metrics named after him (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/carmelo/carmelo-anthony/), were back on the team. The guy is a net negative. Will continue to get up his inefficient shots, not shoot a good percentage, and also be a huge liability on defense. Not only is he washed now, he's been washed the past few seasons. The guy's game is terrible for the league in 2018-2019.