1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob McNair Passes Away. R.I.P

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Remix, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Should be a nice tribute when Houston's old team faces Houston's new team on tv monday.

UTSA2step and Stormy1234 like this.
  2. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

The man deserves to be celebrated for bringing back the wonderful sport of football to out great city. #RIPMRMCNAIR

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Modern media is so polarized and so opportustic to where they take advantage of any misunderstanding for political gain.

I appreciate your empathy and open mindedness

Champs and Ray Parker like this.
  4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Sad to hear. R.i.p

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  5. Ray Parker

Ray Parker Member

Mr. McNair did so much for the black community.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

My condolences and prayers to the McNair family.

7. Nook

Nook Member

I thought he would be around for at least another decade. I believe his father is still alive.

81 years old isn’t terrible young. I wonder what this means for the future of the franchise. Hopefully the McNair’s sell.

raining threes likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think his father, Ruse McNair, died in 2012 just before his 102nd birthday but I could be wrong.

Nook likes this.
  9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I would be shocked if they sold the team anytime soon. There really isn't any reason to sell as far as I know. I think Bob and Cal viewed the Texans as their baby. Something they enjoyed together. I think the McNair family would like to win a Super Bowl before thinking about selling the team. I think Bob's wife and the children would like to see the team have some real success while still being owned by the McNair's.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I think it has been in the works for a while for Cal to take over even if Bob was still alive. I don't think we will see any changes going forward. It was a sign that he has been absent all season. I used to always see him walking the sidelines before games and I haven't seen him all season. I told friends I think he is ill, but they are keeping things quiet.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I was devastated when my football team left Houston for Tennessee. I was stationed in San Antonio and was in shock that Bud Adams would do something like that to the city of Houston. However, in 2002 I was stationed in the Pentagon and we were still reeling from the after effects on 9/11, but Bob McNair (a guy I never heard of) brought football back to Texas and picked the name I'd hoped for.

Like all of us, Bob was not a perfect man. However, he did something very special for our city and all of us die-hard pro football fans. Thank you Mr. McNair--RIP. For Mrs McNair and the rest of the McNair family, you have our deepest sympathies and condolences.

Cal, the team is in your hands. We'll support you--just keep moving us forward.

Team, let's kick the Titans ass and win this one for big Bob!

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sad to hear. I'm grateful he brought the NFL back to Houston.

RIP

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

There were a few names mentioned to be the guy to bring the NFL back to Houston when the Oilers signed the deal with Nashville.

John Moores' was the first guy mentioned he owned the San Diego Padres at the time and was known as the guy who gave UH the $25 million that built Cougars Field and the Athletic Complex on campus, but he went through a pretty nasty divorce and had to sell the Padres so he wasn't able to do another team until that was settled.

Chuck Watson was at the head of conversation next and it was out of that where Bob McNair emerged as the guy to get it done. Chuck Watson was a minority owner at the time and owned the Houston Aeros too we all know about him and Les Alexander's issues regarding Compaq Center/The Summitt.

I think Chuck Watson had some legal issues and he ended up selling his stake in the Texans within the first few years of the teams existence.

14. raining threes

I thought you got banned.

RIP

Mr. McNair

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Why would they sell? Cal is involved....they don't need the money.

16. raining threes

Remains to be seen if the franchise is in good hands with Cal.

Cancer is the scourge that man hasn't been able to figure out.

Nook likes this.
  17. raining threes

You're probably right.

I hope you're wrong.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idk how dopey comments like that could be misunderstood, they were bad, no way around that.

I had one real life encounter with Cal and Bob and they were grade A assholes. I'm not too upset

macho GRANDE, raining threes and Nook like this.
  19. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

I met Mario Ellie at a bar off Kirby Grade A ******* too. But I still don't know him. I'm sure he's a good guy but nobody knows.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

RIP.

Now maybe Cal will sell the team and we can get an owner that wants to win.

raining threes and red5rocket like this.