1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Congratulations to James Harden: Now third on Rockets scoring list

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Nov 21, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

2. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

How many years did Rudy play.

cbs1507 likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

11 years

malakas and cbs1507 like this.
  4. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

That’s pretty impressive by Rudy...... I knew he could shoot it but didn’t know he was dropping it like that....

5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

2nd greatest Rocket of all time

7. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

The. Beard.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

He'll pass Murph, but I'm skeptical about James passing Dream. If he does, it'll be because he plays his butt off (and he's gotta big butt) for the next several years, so that's fine with me.

Congratulations, Mr. Harden. You have my early vote for MVP. :cool:

9. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

10. da_juice

da_juice Member

If he stays here for at least a few more years and doesn't suffer something catastrophic (knock on wood); he passes Murphy. Gonna be tough to pass Dream. Even if he stays here the rest of his career and has some real longevity in him; he probably plays another 7 or 8 years at most. That may be enough but that's a big if.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

You watch him score 43 on 50 percent shooting to go with 44 percent from the 3pt line to go with 9 assists 7 boards and 4 steals and think to yourself that he was not even operating at 40 percent of his full capacity . Just a incridible player.

One of these days he will erupt for 60 plus points.

da_juice, Obito and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

When the Rockets traded for Harden, did you think he would end up being the second best player in franchise history? A league MVP? I definitely did not. I remember seeing the trade scroll along the bottom of the screen during a football game and I thought it was an interesting move, but assumed Harden would maybe be a second banana. An important piece, but not the cornerstone.

13. farhen

farhen Member

my boy jimmy!

saleem likes this.
  14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rudy is that high? Damn

skroodup25 likes this.
  15. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden can pass up Murphy not next season but by allstar the following season no doubt about that.

Catching dream would be tough but Its doable.

He’d basically have play 75 games on avg the next 5 seasons and avg 25 a game and he’ll be about 1500 points from surpassing dream with 15 season under his belt and entering his age 35 season.

I think he can do it but to pass dream he’s def going to have to play till he’s 37 imo.

If harden can play till he’s 38 he has a legit chance at 30k points. I don’t see why harden can’t do a Kobe and still put up 18-20ppg even at that advanced of an age barring some catastrophic injury.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Is this total points in the NBA, or as a Rocket only?

Edit: never mind , McGrady is not on the list so I guess it is in a Rockets uniform only. Still would have thought he would be on it.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Should easily pass Calvin.

Hakeem....I mean....its gonna take something crazy.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I thought James would be a first banana when we got him and was terribly excited about the deal, but he's surpassed my wildest dreams. He won't surpass Dream, but 2nd in Rockets history is possible if he can win us a title or two or three.

crash5179 and jordnnnn like this.
  19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Harden if he’s going to win a chip as the best player in the game it’s going to have to be over the next 3 years.

If he can do it, would be very similar to dreams b2b chips.

Winning chips while playing in an era of a true dynasty.

Harden winning a chip during this warriors era would be bigger than Lebron winning against them before they git KD. Although I know none of the media would say that.

Bottle line is.

The rockets and frankly no team should have a chance against this kd version of the warriors. The fact that we took them to 7 and had the lead in both 6-7 without our second best player is a true testament to how special and great harden truley is.

I mean Lebron hasn’t been able to win but 1 game against the warriors since they got KD and one of those years he had Irving still on the roster.

Rockets are 6-5 since they got cp3 against them and 6-2 in games both harden and cp3 played together against them.

I don’t see how more ppl arnt talking about that.

We’ve thoroughly outplayed them in 8 games when harden and cp3 have played together. That’s not a small sample size.

da_juice, saleem, Obito and 2 others like this.
  20. bullman0036

bullman0036 Member

Congrats to James!I think he has a real shot at Dream's record. Longevity shouldn't been a concern. Unlike many athletic guards (like Russ or DRose), Harden's game should in theory age well. He's actually very athletic (recorded 37'' vertical in draft; same maximum height as Griffin) but his offensive game has slowly transitioned to a collection of "crafty" moves - think about all the Euro-steps, side-step, step-back 3s. Smart guy. His performance should be at a high level for a long time. Benchmark should be Kobe and Manu IMO

da_juice, saleem and BigggReddd like this.