1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

He decommitted from OU last night, this would be a big flip for multiple reasons. Also, LSU and Georgia picked up RB commits yesterday which is big news for 4* RB Noah Cain and Texas.

Hustle Town likes this.
  2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

2nd from the bottom is pure chaos. Everything is in play.

Iowa State at Texas. I think this is razor thin, but Texas has a very slight edge at home.
    West Virginia at Oklahoma State. WVU clearly has the edge, but Stillwater has proven treacherous.
    Kansas State at Iowa State. I doubt Iowa State has trouble here.
    TX at KU and KU at OU. I'd be surprised if these games ended up with an upset.
    Oklahoma-West Virginia. I personally think OU is slightly better, but the game is in Morgantown. Toss up.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

So if OSU beats WVU, and Texas beats ISU, then Texas is in the title game. I guess I rooting for OSU.

5. gucci888

Looks like it. But if not, looks like this will likely come down to the OU-WVU game.

6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Assuming they handle KU, yes :)

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looking forward to going to the game tomorrow. Weather looks nice and the stadium should be electric for the last game of the year.

8. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Likewise. Looking forward to watching some other games too before kickoff and/or tailgating. Weather is going to be awesome.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

OSU did us a favor, so we need to take care of business.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If UT plays OU again and wins. What is the chance UT makes the playoffs ?? 3% or so?

11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Why is Buechele playing? I dont have the Longhrorn network with Xfinity so I'm just checking on my phone.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Sam ran on 3rd down to try and get 10+ for the first down in the red zone close to the end of the 2nd quarter. He took a big hit to the shoulder and didn't convert. Came up limping from it and headed to the locker room early.

He came out of the locker room after the 3rd quarter started while Shane was on the field. He was trying to convince Herman to let him back in the game, but I think the staff wanted to be cautious since it was the same shoulder he injured earlier in the season and the game wasn't getting out of hand. Shane did well as the backup. Sam will probably be cleared to play against Kansas.

LonghornFan likes this.
  13. gucci888

Shame this one was on LHN. Defense was lights out. As much grief as I give some of the seniors, they played a hell of a game.

LonghornFan and Buck Turgidson like this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

quarterbak may ned tomy john surgery

15. Buck Turgidson

Is that you Mack?

16. gucci888

Shoulder contusion initial diagnosis for Sam. Will have MRI today. He wanted to go back in but also told Herman that throws over 10-15 yards were painful.

17. Brando2101

Colt is playing against the Texans right now.

18. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty cool to be in the stadium during the "Don't Stop Believin'" flashlight moment. That's the kind of thing that would've never happened in years past when each timeout was filled with "Honoring the Amway Salesman of the Month" breaks that took fans out of the moment.

So, we beat Kansas and we're in. I remember where I was watching us escape Suh and Nebraska in the 2009 Big 12 championship (the basement of the Union Starbucks, totally ignoring my store closing responsibilities to watch a blurry stream on the office desktop). I never would've imagined that it would be 10 years before we were back in the same position.

If there's any doubt about Sam's shoulder, I'd almost prefer that Shane start this game. It's Kansas and a guy who was a starter for two years should be able to beat them while giving Sam another week to heal.

19. gucci888

The ending of that game after watching Suh rag doll our OL for 4 quarters was unreal. From everything I'm reading, Sam should be good to go for KU. But whatever it is, Herman has to convince him to slide when possible.

mtbrays likes this.
  20. Brando2101

Guys can play in 4 games and still redshirt. Pasted some charts tracking redshirts a user at Surly made. I hope Okafor isn’t a redshirt and transfer. Young probably is.

It’s great we got to redshirt all our 2018 lineman.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]