1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Will Gary Clark Start?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Nov 13, 2018.

?

When Will Gary Clark Start?

1. Next Week

17 vote(s)
    30.9%
  2. December

10 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. By All Star Break

15 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. D-ANd-Toni hates Rookies and he will never Start

13 vote(s)
    23.6%
  1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I think the point is that Clark is more capable at PF than Ennis. Sure, you can switch when they come in (like you suggest), but be aware of when Capela sits, too. He sits before Tucker, so your stagger would have an ultra small lineup (Tucker at 5, with Ennis at 4). MDA's stagger will have two "bigs" more often.

That said, I don't have a feel for Isaiah's minutes, yet. I guess we aren't going small much. But I do like the 1st Q and 3rd Q when Capela sits to have Isaiah, PJ, Clark more than Isaiah, PJ, Ennis ... the latter would be your stagger, right?

In the end, right now, there isn't a minutes shortage. I just think MDA's way has more balance for size. But who knows, Clark might soon be able to do heavy-lifting minutes like Ariza did.

#21 heypartner, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    BigMaloe, snowconeman22 and RudyTBag like this.
  2. Bobby Jackson Rules

I guess it depends on how this winning streak alives.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. Ennis is looking like a switching MASTER right now. I had no idea he had this kind of defensive intelligence inside him.

hakeem94 and Deckard like this.
  4. biff17

biff17 Member

He plays PF do you want him to start over PJ?.

He would get killed guarding perimeter players on the regular.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't even think it matters if Clark can handle more minutes . We are already playing 8 . IMO as long as it's not costing us games , we should keep developing hartenstein. He's smart and he has a motor .... the game will slow down for him and he will be fine . He was fine tonight vs GS (granted CF opinion on him turns if Durant makes some of those 3's)

I think there's no reason to go away from the structure we have now .

We have a solid 8 . 9 if we put GG in there to shoot . 10 for guard depth if knight comes back . We are thin at C , but who knows maybe nene can actually play this year ... after all he took a nice break last season.

hakeem94 and Red Chocolate like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gary Clark coming off the bench is a better idea, I thought about Clark starting but Ennis is a runner, high energy, corner 3 shooter, veteran. Clark is an amazing talent, he is having a Robert Horry type of impact as a Rookie, Clark is shorter but a excellent defender laterally, shot blocker, Advanced corner 3 point shooter.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Brandon Knight
    Eric Gordon
    Gary Clark
    Isaiah Hartenstein

All Coming off the bench that is scary good.

Rockets have 2 roster spots open. Plus MCW, Marquesse Chris could be traded. Daryl needs to find more Talent in the G League.

#27 rockets1995, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    snowconeman22 likes this.
  8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Yeah that's true I hadn't configured in capela really.

9. Game7

Game7 Member

Clark doesn’t need to start and probably won’t barring injury. As long as he is getting minutes — who cares?

saleem likes this.
  10. High Vibrationz

I suggested that about 1-2 weeks ago ,when i replied to someones post ,i also made a post were i said mcw and melo were unplayable ,becuz of their defensive liability a while back. Now do u see why my name is wat it is.Have a nice day and put some respect on my name.

11. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Ennis has been really good, although I am not sure he can sustain 40% 3pt at this type of volume. Would be fine with him getting a larger workload (30+ min) and keeping Clark at backup 4 and allowing him to develop naturally. Our rotation is really solid right now and I have faith that Morey will add some more depth going forward, but for now our wings seem a lot more polished than I expected going into the season.

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that they have figured out the switching, I’m pretty confident they can shoot as well as Ariza and Luc. The bar isn’t terribly high.

The surprise is that our defense looks as lethal as ever.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

One nice thing about Clark and Hartenstein? Opposing teams will be saying, "Who are these guys?" They will attempt to exploit them and it'll be interesting to see how that works out. Didn't work out too well for Oakland, but opposing coaches will be watching that game to see how we crushed them, and who we used to do it. No doubt about that. Let them try. MDA must be laughing as he gleefully stirs his pot of tricks. Two unexpected pieces to cook into the mix. They'll have their ups and downs, unless we're extremely lucky, but it's part of growing into a role in this league. If we keep winning, who cares? The pair certainly aren't costing us games. Very good juju for the early season, in my humble opinion, as is the smart decision to part ways with Anthony. I like it.

RudyTBag, snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

they're not unplayable just bc of their defense. they're both bad fits on this team overall

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Daryl needs to give this kid one of those 2nd round 3 year dealsTODAY!!! They have a portion of the mid level left I believe

17. Mastro

Mastro Member

Thought Ennis played really well last night

RudyTBag likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ok. never saw the post

Rocket River

19. Fantasma Negro

Ennis has improved and Gary ain't takin Thicc's spot so barring injury I can see him starting in April to give Thicc a rest day

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Ennis is fine, but could see him taking it for good if Ennis gets injured again for awhile.