1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Fire Daryl Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SportsWorld, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

It's that time again. Harden not bailing this fool out this time.

WILDBALLER and bmelo like this.
  2. bmelo

bmelo Member

I dont get pro Daryl propaganda. Second time he has 2 superstars and second time he surrounds them with scrubs and washed up good players. and now we dont have players/assets/picks/cap space

cheke64 likes this.
  3. Marteen

Marteen Member

The face of someone who got his money and bailed the f*** out in time when he saw what was coming.

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I've been a Morey supporter for a while but if he doesn't find a quality bench PF/C for this team by the deadline, I would fire him. The problems this team has (rebounding, depth) are so glaring and have been since the offseason. Hartenstein and Chriss were gambles that failed. Things are really looking desperate with our lack of assets in the cupboard to continue improving, with all of the money tied up in a mediocre Capela and Paul.

da_juice, cheke64 and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. macan

macan Member

if nothing happen at trade deadline this year, i'll hop on fire Morey train

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can't believe I'd say it but firing anyone in the middle of a season isn't helping anyone out here.

You have to interview guys for a successor, this takes time.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets have acquired Jordan Hamilton & Kevin McDaniels Jr.

Technically, something happened. :D

BigShasta, Marteen and macan like this.
  8. macan

macan Member

i ain't happy until i see jerry lin or john wall

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trading away Montrezl Harrell, Lou Williams really has hurt the team especially the bench production.
    I am sad to type this but Trading James Harden would get High Draft Picks for the Rockets. Chris Paul Traded to the Lakers, Rondo, Ingram traded elsewhere.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Never gonna happen. This organization doesn’t tank

Massimiliano Rossi likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

I knew this thread would get some life after what went down today.

Y’all sound crazy for even thinking about firing Morey. Who is on the market that’s on his level or even close? Morey created this mess, and now he has to fix it.

Grizzlyshark and DreamShook like this.
  12. DareDevil14

DareDevil14 Member

All of our stars are struggling , now we should rebuild wtf am I reading.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Some of you guys should show some self respect.

Ming The King and HP3 like this.
  14. smp

smp Member

He overpaid CP3 and Capela. He should have kept LMM. Those are what i feel are mistakes. CP3 is getting old and Capela sucks without Harden. LMM wasn't overly expensive to keep, especially if you saved a little on Capela and CP3.

Melo was worth the gamble given his salary.

The funk the Rockets are in is on the players though. If Harden, Capela, CP3, EG, Tucker, and Ennis all played up to their potential we would be really good.

Then whatever you got from Melo, MCW, Green, and Hartenstein would be fine. The bench would play better by having the pressure off and just free stroking with big leads provided by the starters.

None of the players are living up to their potential. That's not Moreys fault. It's not Dantoni's fault either. The players have to look at themselves and realize nobody can save them but themselves.

What we really lost was MVP level Harden, CP3, EG, Ariza, and LMM. 3 of those players are still here but they are shadows of last year's version of themselves.

15. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Firing the reigning Executive of the Year. LOL.

Grizzlyshark likes this.
  16. Malaya

Malaya Member

Tilman has been awfully quiet.

Morey has also been out of the morning sports shows circuit.

Something's gotta give.

17. Malaya

Malaya Member

How many times has the Coach of the Year been fired though?

18. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Problem is when everyone thinks they going to get screwed, no one wants to deal with you. I would move DM to a higher position in the organization and let him still GM trades behind the scenes

19. Know Your Role

We traded MVP Moses Malone and rebuilt a team that went to the finals in 4 years by tanking. Hakeem left and we tanked until we got Yao. It was Les that refused to tank from that point forward.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

“I would have a problem asking people to watch a purposefully bad team. In a city like Houston, that’s as competitive as it is for the entertainment dollar, you would be shocked at how your fans can leave you so quick. Then you have to spend years trying to get them back.”

[...]

So is there any scenario in which, one day, the Houston Rockets would tank for a first overall pick at the expense of the consumer paying to watch 50 or 60 losses?

“James’ and Chris’ contracts are up in four years, Clint [Capela]’s is in five years. So in five or six years we’ll have a bunch of cap space to see what we want to do again. I look that far. I just feel like we don’t have to tank. Houston is a positive enough place that people want to play.”

[...]

“I watched Jim Crane disassemble the Houston Astros for four years. Taking all of these prospects and draft picks, and I just couldn’t believe what he did. He didn’t have a face of the team. I just don’t know if I would’ve made that decision. I don’t know if I could. It took a lot of balls to do that, and I congratulate him for what he accomplished. But to field a team that loses 110 games a year for three years even if I knew I was going to win a World Series. I just don’t know that I could put a product out like that.”