1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. txn

txn Member

All it need is several blow out loses for MIN to call the deal. Start from tomorrow. I think next Tuesday is pretty creditable :) “100%”

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Just LOL that the Rockets are getting CBlocked by a team so hard that the Wolves would take a worse deal.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

Unfu*kingbelievable

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Morey should just cave and offer up EG and those 4 firsts

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

spurs did same thing with leonard.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets beat a quality team last night without EG.

They should offer him up asap.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm not considering that report by Stein as a negative one, tbh it makes sense for the Wolves to trade Butler to the other conference if the offers are pretty much similar, Indiana did the same with George sending him to OKC instead of Cleveland, Spurs probably took the best package regardless but they still traded Kawhi to the East...i mean, it just makes sense. But the Rockets just need to give the Wolves the best offer and i'm sure they'll trade him here unless they really are super dumb.

As today i don't see any team having the same will to move all those picks as the Rockets have, the problem are obviously the players...Chriss has no value, Knight on the other hand has negative value so, including him in the deal basically takes away the value of one pick, possibly two if some of those are protected (which is what i expect). Kinght coming back and play some games might actually help here, he could boost his value a bit, too bad he's still out with no timetable...

I guess if we don't end up including Gordon, we have to hope other teams don't up their offers much or nobody panics, but if that's the case we're probably going to wait longer here, cause it seems the Wolves are willing to remain a joke in hope someone panics.

Shark44 likes this.
  9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We knew the Wolves were dumb. This is nothing new.

slothy420, RiceRockets and whiskeyred like this.
  10. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Hahahaha. Like seriously? “A decent sized expiring to work with in the final year”? In that case every contract in the league is an asset. This is a horrendous deal for Atlanta.

11. TheSource

TheSource Member

Perfect time to complete the trade especially with the election going on just saying .....

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just gave a look at that realgm thread and a Wolves fan posted this:

"I think fultz, saric, Covington and the Miami pick (which is unprotected...) for Butler and teague would be better than any other deal from Miami or Houston. We would cut almost 20m and get young potential starters in fultz and saric"

I wonder if that's Thibs posting...

#8792 Vivi, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  13. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Dam, that would get rejected on 2k with trade override on

Vivi likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They hate us and we took Milk Hair from them. We did them a solid.

15. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That would be pretty awesome. Everyone is distracted, no one will know. The time to strike is now!

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I don’t think it’s that they’re dumb, I think they’re just afraid of the repercussions. Trading Butler essentially means that they’re starting over and giving up this season, which would make an already frustrated fan base, even angrier, especially being a year removed from making it to the playoffs for the first time in years.

I don’t blame them for taking their time, but if they lose him for anything less than what the Rockets are offering, that would be an embarrassment.

D-rock likes this.
  17. txn

txn Member

These guys are idiots. They are not worried about the super team in Golden State (might last for a while), instead they are worried about Houston where CP3 is closed to the end of his career and a potential rental in JB. But I doubt any team can beat Houston's offer with 4 picks.

slothy420 and Richie_Rich like this.
  18. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

4 picks (w/restrictions) + Ego should be green lighted...our window is now. IMO he's too inconsistent and seems to be looking for a starting role/pertinent option for a team.

#8798 bleedroxred79, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I dont get the whole Timberwolves "BUT BUT WE CANNOT TRADE JIMMY TO ROCKETS AND MAKE THEM SUPER POWERFUL"

Uhh your team sucks donkey balls and will suck donkey balls whther you trade Jimmy or not.

You are not our rivals just because we met in the playoffs in the first round last season and kicked your asses.

We are not going to be your rivals whether you trade him to us or not.

Stop being dumb and just trade him to us and end your misery.

I know Tom Thib is dumb but this is taking it to the next level of dumb.

20. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

I guess Minnesota gets great pleasure from the Warriors dominance, freaking idiots!!

slothy420, Richie_Rich and Little Bit like this.