1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeff Bzdelik back with Rockets!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

My best guess on what went wrong this season: It's not Trevor. It's not Luc. It's partly Bzdelik, partly stumbling around while we learn how the new guys fit in. But mostly, it's been a lack of focus. We said, "Run it back," but what we really did was "Walk it back." We got within a hamstring/half of taking down the Warriors, and so this year we thought we could get back to the WCF and take another shot at it. We underestimated the other teams in our way and how hard it's gonna be to fight our way back to another conference finals.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And Freedom of Movement. (Utah is having the same problem).
    And shooting going into the tank. Look at EG's and CP's 3pt shooting numbers.

We're dealing with a lot of stuff here..../BullDurham

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Maybe the players heard the news and imagined JB was on the bench already and all the defensive rotations came back to mind.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's puzzling how both EG and CP, two great shooters, suddenly forgot how to shoot... at the same time.

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Rockets are actually making some defensive strides with people getting back from injury and more time together.

BUT, the offense is still underwhelming. Really hasn't been talked about enough.

ryano2009, Easy, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

LOL yea maybe. No credit for Dantoni!

7. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Tmac sound salty on the jump lol

DreamShook and DonKnock like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Yes it's actually a big problem. In our last 4 games we are 5th in defensive efficiency. And our defensive ranking overall has moved up and will continue to do so. BUT the problem is in our last 4 wins are offense is still hot garbage we are at like 20 something for offensive efficiency which matches what are overall output for the season is.

Is it just that EG and Paul are not playing well? Is it that Harden has missed time same with Ennis? I'd say these are big factors. I mean, if we could actually hit these open threes as well, saw a lot of that last game. It worries me in the long run but we'll have to see.

9. jboslett

jboslett Member

I think a move for a pure shooter is in order. Can Kyle Korver still cover people?

10. macan

macan Member

it's gonna be a magical season if we somehow got jimmy b and ariza later on this year as well

ryano2009 and DonKnock like this.
  11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't hold your breath.
    We might as well get Jimmer Fredette for 10% of the cost of Korver if we just want a shooting white guy who can't guard anyone.

macan, Richie_Rich, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

so who do you propose as for the "the next guy who wins championship" that is available and could replace the inventor ..??

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

My viewing of the games has been a bit spotty because I work late, but from what I've seen teams seem to be doing a better job of covering the Rockets on the 3pt. line, keeping them from getting as wide open as they've been able to do the last couple of years. The spacing also just doesn't seem ideal a lot of the time. There's also some issues related to defense - when the Rockets were at their best last year you'd see them pull off these flurries in which they'd force misses or turnovers multiple plays in a row, which allowed them to put the opponent on their heels, and next thing you know they'd turn a tight game into a blowout. Hard to do this year when they've been allowing lay-up drills during games. We'll know they're really back when they start imposing their will on other teams instead of just sort of competing, trading buckets and hoping they make more.

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea, the defense is definitely leading to alot of these issues. I think with our defense picking back up(as well as our rebounding) we'll be able to fix some of that. Yea I noticed Indiana picked it up in the second half covering the three BUT I think the fact that we were able to get so many open looks(and we were without Gordon) could be a good sign. So our last 3 games(with Harden) our offense has gotten back to average(small sample size but whatever lol).

Andy Sheets likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

With Biglydick's 73-119 record as an NBA head coach, we should only promote him if we decide to tank.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I have grown to expect it from EG, but He isn't drawing the money CP3 is. I mean, Paul is making over 46% more than last year, and is the 3rd best paid NBA player this year. His salary goes up 3 million each year the next 3 years, which is even scarier.

Easy likes this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol look also at gerald green 3pt shooting numbers

Deuce, BaselineFade and Easy like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets missing a full Caucasian on the bench..

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Also forgot to reply to this post, but this is interesting statement, did you plat under him..??

and also to add to the discussion, the guy yes had one of the best PG in Steve Nash during his Suns days but the other 2 not too much....

MDA made Harden who he is today, he transformed Harden into one of the best PG in the league, although, I agree on having CP3 as one of the best PG on his roster but Come on man do yo really think CP3 that we have is the same CP3 from the clippers and the New Orleans's days

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That. And... We've already got Gordon, Green, Melo... we might as well go full on streaky shooter.

INCREASE THE VARIANCE.