1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Jimmy B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Sep 18, 2018.

1. jcf

jcf Member

I know there are long time, respected members who like this, but come on -- we can't have this short of a memory. I think J. Bz. was really important to the team too. But, I don't think we should forget what D'Antoni has done for us. An assistant coach can do very little without a head coach swallowing his ego and letting the assistant perform.

I trust Harden's and the team's assessment of D'Antoni more than I do my own or other non-professionals.

BigMaloe, gatsby, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Until it happens such a post is a drop of piss in the wind.

BigMaloe, BigShasta, Reeko and 4 others like this.
  3. tmacman

tmacman Member

I didn’t say you said he had to opt in to get a deal done. What I’m saying is we’ll give up the 4 picks without him having to opt in cause we’ll be willing to take that risk. You’re trying too hard to make it seem like you’re in the loop when we all know that you’re not. You’re just at home reading articles like everybody else. And the rest is fantasy. STOP IT.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

meh....the guy basically tells the team to shoot the ball and gives motivational speeches in broken english. No one is gonna confuse MDA for a great x's and o's coach. I appreciate the success he had here for two seasons with Jeff BizD, but right now i'd rather have Jeff BizD coaching this team.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

Catch this dynamic duo at an arena near you! #soon

[​IMG]

6. HP3

HP3 Member

How would you even know, seriously? Lol the guy who revolutionized the NBA doesnt know his X's and O's ....lol unbelievable. Please can we not compare MDA to Kevin Mchale cause its ridiculous. This is really disrespectful and untrue.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

The exact definition of a wild overreaction. Let’s not lose our collective minds just yet.

BigMaloe, D-rock, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  8. BackdoorHarden

7 seconds or less. The modern NBA is all because of MIKE D

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Local newspaper thinks Jimmy should hit the road...

Jimmy Butler has done enough harm, Wolves need to trade him now

BigMaloe, Vivi, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Does Rose’s recent play (since the playoffs) affect Jimmy Butler expendability with the Twolves? I mean fluke games happen, Brandon Roy had one against the Mavs before he retired but D-Rose has looked very good for a good amount of games now.

Gotta think after night with how hard the Minny fought, that might see it as a sign to move on from Jimmy, even though Jimmy carried them the other night against LA.

D-rock likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

BigMaloe likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It also was Halloween so people may have stayed home to actually trick or treat.

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Good point. Somehow I didn't think of that :p

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. bmelo

bmelo Member

Its taking too long it will be hard to incorporate him now. But on the good side of things we have a coach that can switch whole defensive system in just 2 practices so it might work

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think its happening …. ugh - deflated.

17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should bask in joy because we ALREADY have MVP and the point god...
    if you cant enjoy that than you wont enjoy not even the chip when we win it all

18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

They are currently closer to winning the lottery than winning a championship.

I don't mind a loss ... in a hard fought game but they really haven't been competitive.

They have a point differential of -10.5 …. Only the Suns are worse at -12.1.

The MVP is on the shelf and that point gawd is not posting W's.

How the hell does a team with CP3 struggle to score to this extent ?!
    15 21 26 23
    30 31 22 30
    29 15 22 23

7 of their last 12 quarters they have failed to reach 25 and twice posted only 15. (3 of those 7 Harden played).

19. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Couldn’t find the random trade thread but do anybody think we should consider looking at trading for Wes Mathews. He’s a big salary expiring contract. Maybe he can replicated what Luc and Ariza brought to our system. A post up perimter shooter and gritty smart defender. Mavs not resigning him and he isn’t in the plans for the future.

#8079 mac_got_this, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    Snow Villiers and hakeem94 like this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

they are coasting to avoid injuries
    its not a time for cp3 exert himself to go nuclear and gets injured trying to win meaningless rs games
    we lost luc last year and the title playing a 'hard fought' meaningless game long before the games that counts

BigShasta likes this.